Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-12-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2010
the gold chest would be either one of three or four minigames that are challenging and a harder version of that one for the silver chest or a temporary teleport to a custom monster that will be ranked prior to the level. for instance, if the wizard is level fourteen, it would be a rank two elite or something like that. it would be one on one and have high health and no one can port at that time. also just to be fair, they would be fully healed before the fight and after if they are victorious. Rewards: gold ranging 100-250, two items that include housing, rent mounts for a short time so it isn't such a genorous reward like an hour to a day, treasure cards ranked three and up, special clothing that look epic and would need to be stitched for stats, and maybe housing, seeds, and i guess thats it. :) :-)

Kane WyrmBlood 35 Magus

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I have no good ideas for a gold chest challenge, but I do have one request. PLEASE make it a game that does not require a fast connection speed. I lag so bad in minigames that when I try to do the maze game, I have to stand on each object for 2-3 seconds before the game registers that I am standing there. That and a ghost that isn't even showing on my screen will freeze me because your servers see him somewhere other than where I do. So a speed based game in a chest would effectively bar me from succeeding on it. My favorite mini games are Sorcery Stones and Potion Motion, and I love the mini game in the silver chests. I would like to see that game with multiple levels somewhere in the future.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Wizard101 Trivia Quiz

Leveled Questions depending on the world the chest is found in.

Multiple Choice Answers to make it simple, if we type an answer there are spelling and answer conformity issues.

Timed Test

The higher percentage of right answers per quiz, the greater the reward.

Example:
10 test questions in 3 minute game time.

1 right, 100 gold

2 right, 500 gold

3 right, 1 piece mid level gear for the world the chest is in

4 right, 1 common housing item for the world the chest is in

5 right, 1 piece high level gear for the world the chest is in

6 right, 1 piece rare housing item for the world the chest is in

7 right, 1 crown housing item

8 right, 1 crown pet, should match the world the chest is in thematically if possible. So if the chest is in Sunken City it's a Pale Maiden, if it's in CL it's a Sea Dragon, if its in DS it's one of the good Dragons.

9 right, 1 piece of the best stat crown gear for the level player that is supposed to be questing in that world. So Elven Attire isn't in a CL chest.

10 right JACKPOT 1 crown pet, 2 pieces of said crown gear

I know that's great loot, but three minutes would be hard I think, and of course you guys would test it out first. Maybe it should be a 1 minute game.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
You should do a new game that no one has seen yet, and set it up like the minigames into 4 sections of scores. The low scores just get gold and a reagent, the second to low scores gets gold plus a little crowns, and the 3rd gets a new pet that only the gold chests gives but with a low pedigree because otherwise people would get mad and have it not be hatchable like the danger hound. Then for the highest score you should have the prize be a permanent black panther (or some other cool mount). Make the game challenging to get a higher score than the first two sections.

Like my ideas wizard101? Well your in luck because I'm available for an internship! Give it a thought because helping the kids that your making so happy with the game would be great publicity... ;)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I say that it should be a puzzle. and sense these are so rare, it should be based on how well you do. it would flash a picture, then it would get all messed up and you have a time limit to complete it. depending on what you get done you would get a pet, housing item, or clothing piece.

you could also do a spot the difference or a slider puzzle. I wouldn't mind seeing sudoku ether.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
i think that once your level 60 merle ambrose should give you a quest that gives you 50,000 gold and experiance. it could be like going up against your teacher plus merle ambrose plus 2 more teachers of your choice.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Whew, what a whirlwind week! One of our fellow professors is out on vacation, and it's sure been crazy covering their lessons! Friday already? Yep, so it's time for another edition of... Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to discuss one of the best things in the world since fireproof clothing... treasure chests! Silver Chests require you to complete a minigame for the reward. What super special hard challenge would you like to see in a GOLD chest (if such challenges existed) that would net you increased rewards?

Now, you've got me dreaming of treasure. Well, at least it's Friday! Have a great one, and looking forward to see what you all dream up!

I have been playing but sometimes I win nothing, In Celestia Golden Pearls would be a nice find instead of kelp which I can find alot of. How often does the game re-stock?

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
I like the idea of a wheel of fortune to get the prizes, but for the challenge I suggest a wheel of misfortune where you spin the wheel to see what the challenge actually is... for example, it could have boss fights, mini-games or if you are lucky you get to spin for the prize straight away.
That is all I can think of right now but there could be many categories on the wheel of misfortune as well as the wheel of fortune.

Roryj22

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
Now I understand the request was for more of a mini game challenge. Still if a new chest should appear in game I would like to see a new quest. Much like the obsidian chest one which will include some of the more new bosses. Where you can earn special reagent cards which represent different pieces of teachers wands. Recipes can be given by the school trees or sold for gold and once crafted can be a wand to use in battle. Even a housing object of a glass case containing the wand. The story can be along the lines the teachers are having trouble with their wands. As you investigate you learn someone is crafting doubles draining the originals power. Who is behind it I will leave it up to you but would like to see the ghost of malistaire appear some where. Missing that guy. lol

Personally I am leaning to the housing object. Would love to add all the wands to my trophy collection.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Whew, what a whirlwind week! One of our fellow professors is out on vacation, and it's sure been crazy covering their lessons! Friday already? Yep, so it's time for another edition of... Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to discuss one of the best things in the world since fireproof clothing... treasure chests! Silver Chests require you to complete a minigame for the reward. What super special hard challenge would you like to see in a GOLD chest (if such challenges existed) that would net you increased rewards?

Now, you've got me dreaming of treasure. Well, at least it's Friday! Have a great one, and looking forward to see what you all dream up!

i wish in the wooden chests there could pets rare on some chests like a genie in a lamp

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
That would be cool! My idea would be that, when you open the golden chest, you see your wizard get sucked in the chest and sent to another world or area. And there is a door but you have to find the key. There would be two different levels easy and hard. At the beginning of the game you would have to pick. The easy level would give you (if you win) maybe seeds , gold , reagents , pet snacks, any of those. The game in the easy level will be , You are in an area and there is a key hidden somewhere and you would have a time limit. Like the smiths. You have to find and take to the door to unlock it. But in the hard level you would get (if you win) crowns if your lucky, some clothes, maybe a pet,crown item stuff. And the game would be, same thing you would need to find a key but, the key has been broken! There will be pieces you need to find and glue to put it together. It will also be timed. When you find the pieces and the glue you need to put them together, so, all the pieces pop up and it's like a puzzle. This will not be timed. When you put them all together you run to the door and unlock it. You get sent back to where you were. Well, I hope that was helpful!

Thanks for reading, Lenora LegendWeave Legendary Necromancer.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
My idea is a minigame called Elementary! In it you are a Scarab trying to escape trying to rescue your master( that wizard on Abracadoodle.). You press A for an Ice attack (An ice shard flys at enemy and SMASH!), S for a Storm attack (An Electric Pulse is used and SMASH!) and D for fire (A jet of fire burst at opponent and you guessed it, SMASH!). The enemys are:
Arctic Snakes(Kill with Fire)
Minitaure Cyclops (Kill with Storm)
Flaming Soul (Kill with Ice)
The controls are like in a platformer game.
Up arrow to cling onto a rope or climd a ladder.
Left and Right arrows to run
Down arrow to Crouch (protect) or Activate certain objects. (some require a nudge)
Space bar to jump up stairs or to Jump on crates.
A,S or D to attack.
The goal is to activate all the levers and switches and run to the goal. You have 3 lives.
Power ups are:
Heart: gives you another heart.
Wand: Makes all enemys on the screen vunderable to all types of attcks(includes armoured enemys)
Armour: makes you invicible for 5 seconds.
Mount: Makes you faster.
Malastaire: Skips you to the next stage.
Levels:
Level 1 in Wizard city
Level 2 in Krok
Level 3 in MB
Level 4 in MS
Level 5 in DS
Level 6 in CL (enemys start to get 2 health)
Level 7 in Wysteria (all enemys have 2 health)
Level 8 in GH
Level 9 in WT (Enemys have 3 health)
Level 10 is a boss.( has 8 health) The boss can change to any Element and will use a balance move that stop you in your tracks. To defeat him you must see which school of magic he is by looking at the plaque behind him. When you defeat him he explodes and you save the wizard and complete the game. Each level should take about 1-2 mins each.
sorry if its too much info
Ice is 8)8)8)

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
Hi Professor!
A super special hard challenge? I like the idea of a boss battle or something, but, I also think a word challenge game would be pretty fun. :)

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
I would thing potions or elixirs would be a cool thing in gold chests. Nothing like a potion at the right moment, instead of having to go back to get one. When you are with a group and have to stop for a friend needing potions.....

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
i think that

equitment
pets
housing items
and seeds would be excellent
but you cannot get these anywhere else except secret places

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
:D I like the idea! Perhaps the minigame should be shockalock, but a bigger area of blocks to uncover, and a little less time.

The reward should either be gold in the thousands, rare treasure cards, or maybe a really rare chance for a mount rental!

Thats my ideas, hope you like 'em! :)

Jacob Raingem
a.k.a. The Dark Diviner

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
furngirl wrote:
A solo battle against your teacher. If you win you spin a wheel for a prize like mega snacks, or unique house item, gold, unique school sword, etc

I kinda like this one! I wonder what our professor's health are to. Though I might lose on a battle with Prof. Greyrose (with the sky rocketing health since ice). Though I think its fun. And should drop packs and Wands.

Aaron WinterRiver
Level 60 Legendary Thaumturge

Survivor
Jun 21, 2011
furngirl wrote:
A solo battle against your teacher. If you win you spin a wheel for a prize like mega snacks, or unique house item, gold, unique school sword, etc

i like this one but i read someone else said you should get old items you can only get in chest
gold is my favorite color so gold items seem cool like gold robes gold boots gold hats gold mounts even gold pets it should be gold stuff right

p.s everyone who likes the code idea post so the better chance we will have it

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
my simple idea is shock a lock but they are so rare they should give over 200 gold i know that would disappoint a large group of people but crowns seems like too much of a far fetched idea unless it was like 10-15 crowns

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Here's my idea, a super-hard quest. Let's say you have 500 gold plus a rare housing item. You need to beat Sunken City without losing. That's a Wizard City one. The Dragonspyre one would be defeat the Crown of Fire without losing, and find all the Stone Roses. 5,000 gold, and a rare pet. Et cetera. How about that? I think that's good.

Tyler Summertail Level 54 Grandmaster Pyromancer

"A James Cagney love scene is one where he lets the other guy live."- Bob Hope

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
maybe we could have a boss that cheats and if you beat him you get a lot of gold and a very rare pet