Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-12-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Well, instead of being randomly appearing chests, maybe they could appear after every world boss, and if you open it you could challenge that boss again, but say, with double health (eg, Malistaire with 20,000 health instead of 10,000), or maybe challenge that boss but it has a special cheat and if you defeat that boss, you could get a school-specific drop from it as well as like a crowns item or rare pet or rare housing items, etc....

Oh, and since its a chest, it'd have to be a solo fight :)

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I know this isn't going to happen in a gold chest, but one thing I really, and lets put a bigger expression on that REALLY like to see is new spells. But in a gold chest you could put maybe even a crown or 2. Or tons of gold, maybe pets or mounts. Plus I really liked someone's idea of a boss to fight. Maybe the gold sentinel of the chest or something.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Whew, what a whirlwind week! One of our fellow professors is out on vacation, and it's sure been crazy covering their lessons! Friday already? Yep, so it's time for another edition of... Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to discuss one of the best things in the world since fireproof clothing... treasure chests! Silver Chests require you to complete a minigame for the reward. What super special hard challenge would you like to see in a GOLD chest (if such challenges existed) that would net you increased rewards?

Now, you've got me dreaming of treasure. Well, at least it's Friday! Have a great one, and looking forward to see what you all dream up!

Definitely I would love to see this! :D I wanna see a super hard minigame then there should be 7 day mounts inside. Not just brooms but good ones like sharks and sea horses! Also maybe some mastery amulets..... Awesome idea Prof.

Garrett RavenFinder Legendary Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Maybe instead of the usual pipe dreams minigame we could have something a little more skill based (not too hard mind you for those who may have a hard time at it)
And for a new reward? Well gold can now be gotten from farming quite easily, so I vote for seeds or crown seeds. It would encourage gardening since most rare rewards are reagents.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
hmm how about a boss that cheats and if you beat him you get a choice of gold or some random piece of gear :)

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
housing
pets (very rarely)
one day mounts
1000 or more gold
equipment
also a hard but possible challenge to get the prize

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
i think housing idems would be cool. at first i thought about pets but that is too valuble and the chests are seen too much

p.s. i think you need to give better things form silver chests

Luke Duskbreath lvl 60 Diviner

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
I think the minigame should be a multi choice minigame (They choose a minigame) And each game gives a different award. Myabe one you give rare pets( the harder one) and the other gives you housing items and gold for each one is included.

-Your student, Blaze Legendfist, Adept Pyromancer 8)

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
I would love to have it kind of like a store, you can pick anyth8ing out of the chest, but there has to be a limit, like you can only pick things that add up to the total worth of the rarest thing in there. Examples would be ultra powerful wands, pets, housing, maybe even a training point or two. But I would put these where not just anybody can get them, they would have to be earned by the most powerful of wizards. So they could be at the end of the Waterworks or theTower of the Helephant. Only the best of the best can earn these special rewards. I know this may sound unfair to the lower levels, but think about it, would you think it fair if you just saw thing this cool lying around o every street? And with my idea, every body who participated in the dungeon gets something out of the chest. It would be that each one of them sees a chest, but when one person uses it, all of the rewards are still available to the others.

Rogan Dragonflame, Legendary Pyromancer.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
This week, we'd like to discuss one of the best things in the world since fireproof clothing... treasure chests! Silver Chests require you to complete a minigame for the reward. What super special hard challenge would you like to see in a GOLD chest (if such challenges existed) that would net you increased rewards?

Gold Chests could have 4 Sigils, and produce a Cheating Boss fight, depending on the world.

Examples of Rewards:
WC - 100-150 Gold, Rare Reagents, Honeysickles, new unique Level 10+ Gear
KT - 150-200 Gold, Rare Reagents, Low Rank Crowns Seeds, new unique Level 20+ Gear
Wysteria - 150-250 Gold, Rare Reagents, Low - Mid Crowns Seeds, new unique Level 20-30+ Gear
MB - 200-250 Gold, Rare Reagents, Mid Rank Crowns Seeds, new unique Level 30+ Gear
MS - 250-300 Gold, Rare Reagents, Mid Rank Crowns Seeds, new unique Level 40+ Gear
DS - 300-350 Gold, Rare Reagents, High Rank Crowns Seeds, new unique Level 50+ Gear, Mega Snack
CL - 350-400 Gold, Rare Reagents, High Rank Crowns Seeds, new unique Level 60+ Gear, Mega Snacks
GH/WT - Based upon Area Level

Community Leader
furngirl wrote:
A solo battle against your teacher. If you win you spin a wheel for a prize like mega snacks, or unique house item, gold, unique school sword, etc

Either a battle against a Professor, or a Pigswick academy professor.

How about something your pet can do?

Same rewards.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I think any challenge in a Gold Chest should be more of a logic puzzle than a hand-eye coordination challenge. It should be different from any of the existing minigames or pet-training games, please!

Remember the game with the colored pegs that you had to match to a hidden sequence of pegs, and you only got clues as to which color was right, or which peg was in the right place -- something like that.

Or maybe a word game, like where you change one letter at a time to make one word change into another word.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I think there should be a puzzle sort of minigame where you have to break the lock some how, maybe you have to make a magic key somehow, I'm not sure. Something similar to shockalock is good :)

As for within the chest, I'd like to see larger amounts of gold, rare reagents like golden pearls, and maybe Exclusive "Gold Themed" items, like Golden Wand, Golden Robes, Golden Boots, or something, maybe even a super ultra rare Golden Mount. Things that you can't get anywhere else, to make the golden chests extra extra special. :)

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
furngirl wrote:
A solo battle against your teacher. If you win you spin a wheel for a prize like mega snacks, or unique house item, gold, unique school sword, etc

I agree with her. I would love to fight my teacher and get a rare school sword or maybe a scry pool.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
A fight from your own school teacher to either get level 60 drops or a cool school only wand or crowns Ryan spellblade level 60 myth william nightrider level 31 fire ryan spellbreeze level 15 ice :D

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
syntetically, while i wait for the server to let me in again

what: not gold. these chests would be close to endgame, and by then players had access to WT with all its wealth.
I'd rather play for rare cards, like elucidate, simplify, or cards that are rare in bazaar (just today i had to find 4 centaurs for a recipe, and can tell you it was really hard until a kind player offered to make them for me), and would allow to try out things that i normally can't (polymorphs, for example. I dream of trying draconian).
These could even be special non-existing cards, like a 6-pips RA or an ice kraken. just for fun.
Other prizes available according to difficulty, but nothing too strong. at the end of the day, not everyone gets to open these chests.

how: the game could be an increasing difficulty one. Several ways to solve it, but the hardest solutions gives the best rewards. to make an example, imagine if silver chests were giving better prizes the more tiles you used up to make the path for the blast.

kind of game: well an idea among others, playing a short match with an opponent with some totally random cards. 7 in hand, no pips, but cards to be combined in order to make the highest damage (or whatever).
Self would start with little health, if it ends using all the cards and with full health, big win, if defeated nothing, if ends somewhere in the middle rewards would go accordingly.
Sort of poker with wiz cards..

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
rare reagents, rare boss drop housing items, mega snacks

I would like to see crowns, but sincerely doubt that would happen.

Explorer
May 21, 2011
I have a good idea. Maybe there could be a HIDDEN person in each world. That person could tell you to defeat a boss in their world. That boss will drop a key to all the golden chests in that world. This might be a little of a challenge Falmea, but its a pretty good iddea. As for prizes, Everyhting from TEMPARORY mounts to gold, so basically gold, crowns, seeds, CROWN ONLY seeds, or TEMPORARY mounts.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
i would like to see a levy pet (not the hybrid levy) in a chest or crowns like it would cost 100-1000 gold to use it and then you could play for a small amount of crowns or a big amount of crowns or you would get the chest evrey ten silver chest games you plsay and when you get to 100 or more the prizes would get even grander.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
i would like to see mega snacks housing items and unique equipment but mostly mega snacks it could be like opens a portal and you have to fight a random rank 6-10 boss

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
furngirl wrote:

love this idea!!!!! i'd also love to see pets!!! :D

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
Could do a Timed Word find,

I think we should be able to get a training point.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
Crowns!!!!!!!!!

Of corse it would have to be hard, but we all could deal! It would be a good motive! (I don't try for silver chests because the reward is the same as normal chests.)

Kiera Dreamleaf lvl,43 diviner