Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Master Artisan Quest Taking FOREVER?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I need some asistance with this. Even with all my best farming and bazaar-searching efforts, it just isn't enough. I've had people sell things for me to buy and had my legend friends transmute for me, but it's just taking way, way too long. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? The Master Artisan stuff is AWESOME and I wanna hurry up and finish it!

Maybe it isn't master artisan, it's whichever one the guy in DS gives. Anyways, it's not so much the reagents required but the sheer amount of them! I need forty diamonds and forty black lotuses!

Sophia AshHeart
Level 47 Balance

P.S. Can anyone tell me where to buy a DS crafting station?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
There are things you can plant, you know gardening, that give the reagents you require!

Also, the DragonSpyre Crafting Table can't be bought, it is in DragonSpyre, right before you go into Malistaire's Dungeon!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I'm stuck on the Master Artisan quest too. THe Black Lotuses are easy, there is a veritible MINE of them in Austrilund. But It takes forever to get even one diamond. I only have 8. They should make it 14 diamonds for both rings.
Willliam Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
There are threads on this board that give advice on where to find Black Lotus. If you're prepared to realm-hop you can get these reasonably fast.

Diamonds are dropped by Frozen Fly Traps and a couple of crown plants. They can also be transmuted from ore.

Remember that you can transfer reagents between wizards on the same account. My eldest character completed Master Artisan within a day with help from his younger brothers and sisters.

You'll find there are several further stages to that quest but don't be put off, the first one is the hardest.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I recently did this quest, and I've found that the most effective things you can do are go to Dragonspyre academy, which has ore galore, and lots of stone blocks also, which you'll want to transmute for a later recipe. If you really want Black Lotus, then go to Vestrilund, near the Winterbranches. You'll find three of them on one realm, as well as a silver chest nearby. Switching to realms that have a "perfect" amount of people are your best bet for getting these highly coveted Black Lotus.

Then, however, he'll give you a second crafting quest, which you need black pearls for. The most effective way to get these, as far as I have found, is to harvest them from Pink Dandelions. Also try the Bazaar around midday, though come prepared with a lot of gold.

Finally, he'll give you a third crafting quest, which you'll need black pearls, nightshades and cattails for.

This is difficult, but the first one is the most difficult. You'll need 24 nightshades, 72 cattails, 6 fire elf treasure cards, and more black pearls. (I don't remember how many.)

To get the fire elves, just pay a visit to the wizard city library, you can get them there without having to pay too much.

The cattails are found outside the walls of Northguard, in the huge pool by the waterfall. You can get four of them on one realm on a good day. They aren't in high demand, so most days are good days.

For the nightshades, buy a transmute from a guy in the Celestia base camp. I can't remember his name, but he has treasure card recipes. Then go to the Bazaar, prepared with a lot of gold. You can get about 30-180 Deep Mushrooms there at once. After that, just use the transmute, and you should have it.

And about the third quest he gives you ... you need to get a crimson book stand, which is sold from the guy who gave you the crafting quests in Mooshu.
Balthazar will not sell you the recipe for it, of course.

After becoming a Master Artisan, go talk to Pierce Stanson in the floating land. He should have a quest for you to become a Grandmaster Crafter if you're interested in it.

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
darthjt wrote:
There are things you can plant, you know gardening, that give the reagents you require!

Also, the DragonSpyre Crafting Table can't be bought, it is in DragonSpyre, right before you go into Malistaire's Dungeon!

I didn't really understand that, and where did I say anywhere in my post that I "know gardening"? If you're gonna post, at least post something helpful.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
cookiejar42 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I didn't really understand that, and where did I say anywhere in my post that I "know gardening"? If you're gonna post, at least post something helpful.

Telling you to garden for the required reagents is not helpful? Would you like them handed to you on a silver platter? Would that be more helpful?

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
To become a Grandmaster Artisan in quicker fashion, you need to become friends with the Transmute Reagent spells. Harder reagents can be made from simpler to get ingredients. :P