Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP These Days!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
Hello. I would like to say a few things about pvp (the pros and cons). I think that the way the pvp is set up for ranking is good but kinda unfair. i like it how they set it up for longer you wait most likely a bigger opponent, but, on the other hand i think they should shane it so only like a 3-4 level limit. If they did that Player vs. player would be more fair in my oppinion. But that is just me :(. I would just like to give 2 examples from my myth Character, Michael FrogRider.

Example #1:I go into pvp and wait like thirty seconds and face a Balance level 51, while i am lvl 42. I may have beeten him but i wanted to say that it was an unfair matchup.
Example#2:Right after that i went up against a level 60 Life and i think we all know how that turned out but i only waited like 40 seconds XD.
I was just saying that if they could change it just a little or if someone could explain why they have it the way they do. Thanks!

Kevin BlueGrove, Pyromancer lvl 60
"The True Power Comes From The Fire"
^___^ "--"

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
My level 10 fire warlord (1500) got paired against a legend (-300) rank in under forty seconds. The matching system is broken for 1vs1 in my opinion.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Kev,

I have to agree with you, it does need a level cap of some sort.
Imo, because of the broad range of players, they have to block out Critical players from non-critical players. They also need to block the extremes, unless KI is pushing all towards just leveling as fast as you can to 60 and WW gear.
Also cool that your level 42 Myth beat a Balance level 51, must have been a good match to watch. Balance can be hard to beat once they get some health.
Hope they make changes that make most PvP'ers happy.

Good luck in PvP,
Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Maybe a 25 level range, I beat legends pretty easily on my level 35 ice, but I would imagine it would be an unfair match up if I were level 10.