Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I the only adult?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
So tonight, someone whom I am always dropping things to help, asked me for help with a dungeon. I politely explained that I had no time for dungeons as I had to be at work tomorrow. He then proceeded to get very rude, and insist I tell him my age. He claimed that this is a children's game, although he claimed to be twenty something. He then proceeded to ignore me, (which I was actually fine with.)

My question here is, am I the only adult playing here? I find this to be an enjoyable game, I love the quests and other features, and find it to be a nice release after a stressful day. Well usually.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Faithmindy wrote:
So tonight, someone whom I am always dropping things to help, asked me for help with a dungeon. I politely explained that I had no time for dungeons as I had to be at work tomorrow. He then proceeded to get very rude, and insist I tell him my age. He claimed that this is a children's game, although he claimed to be twenty something. He then proceeded to ignore me, (which I was actually fine with.)

My question here is, am I the only adult playing here? I find this to be an enjoyable game, I love the quests and other features, and find it to be a nice release after a stressful day. Well usually.

Oh my goodness, no! Did you see the replies on the forum for "any older players?..."? Check these out:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/7261.ftl

But there are still a lot of "younger players" too.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
You are not the only adult.

Something similar did happen to me. I was helping someone in one of the DS towers. I mentioned I only had time for a few battles because I had to go to work. His reaction was "You're and ADULT?", "Adults don't play", "This game is for kids", "you must live in your parents' basement and work at McDonalds".

Needless to say, his attitude quickly got him a nice fresh spot on my ignore list.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I don't mind if my friends on this game are adults, I'm no bother so if you see me in the spiral say hi.

Ledgendary Pyromancer, Dylan FireGem.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Of course your not! Ther are a ton of adults, (some immature ) I have a lot of adult friends. Though I am a kid lol.

James Skullwielder
Legendary Death
~Death is the future, Life is the past~

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
No you are not alone, I too am an adult who's loves this game. And many of the friends I've made are too. Keep on playing , defeating the bad guys is good Stress release!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely ,( Cindy ) Lou Who , Who is no more then two

Administrator
You're definitely not alone! Wizard101 appeals to players of all ages, lone gamers and families, casual or serious, everyone is welcome and everyone enjoys it in different pays.

I'm going to close this thread and redirect you to the following post to continue the conversation.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/7261.ftl

community@wizard101.com