Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

On the War Oni and the Phylactery Shard

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
a question for our Professors of Raven Wood...

i run thru MooShu and complete it.
this means doing the Crimson Field quest as well.
i check in with Dworgyn before i head off to DragonSpyre.

i am told to get next spell i must defeat and capture a W ar Oni.

oh great so ifollow this quest only to find out...

i have to run the entire Crimson field dungeon again
to get to the War Oni.

if i have gone into the dojo the first time
why must i complete the whole quest againto enter it,
Professor?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Instances reset 15-90 minutes after you leave them. You have to do the entire instance from scratch.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Actually a number of things reset the dungeon immediately- leaving through the entrance, porting to your house, logging off are a few examples. Plus, you need to get something from the oni that you didn't know you needed. If you go to the store and pick up milk, having to cross crocodile infested rivers, jumping over poisonous scorpions, and leaping over deep pits to get there (as most of us do), then return home to realize you need bread now, you've got to go back out to the store facing the same perils. ...well, ok, that's 'Pitfall', but my point is still the same. Though i could be totally wrong. -eli and crew

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
LoL at the "pitfall" joke, i liked that one.

Actually look at it on the bright side, we all have to repeat a number of quests to get things ( obsidian chests for example, oh the boredom of the labrynith. :)
However all is not lost! consider the chances of getting that rare item drop!
Well worth the the replay!

Historian
May 01, 2010
wow didnt know how easily life and storm had it for dryad/triton (i am thinking you are talking about your level 38 quest correct me if i am wrong) we had to complete the plague oni, but the way it was set up, we had to defeat the first boss to get through the gate, and then the gate to the temple just dissapeared, allowing access to the oni.
i know this because my life went through it one day with a storm, and then the next day, the storm had to beat it for his quest lol

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
if you think that is bad they give you judge in MB and wildbolt is a noob spell you get in maybe wc or krok.

its all good.