Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spell ideas! (Not ridiculas!)

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
So first off I will mark important notes in blue. If I think I named a spell badly, I will mark it with a * and you can post suggestions. Now there are 5 new spells for each school and I will explain to you why there are so many. What do you enjoy the most about questing? I think it’s getting new spells, and I'm pretty sure everyone would agree. So here we go.

Upon entering the New World.

Whatever the new world is, when you accept the first quest in this world, you will obtain these spells.

School: Fire
Name: Mega prism*
Pips: 1
Type: Manipulation
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: Convert next incoming fire damage to ice damage to all enemies.

Every school except myth and balance obtain a convert to all enemies, myth gets a convert blade.

School: Balance
Name: Verdict
Pips: 6
Type: Damage
Accuracy: 85%
Effect: 455 balance damage and dispel the same type of school that you opponent casted last.

Notes: Lets say your opponent casts a balance blade, then you cast this spell, it would put a balance dispel on the person.

Level 62
These spells are obtained from an easy teacher quest.

Name: Suffocate*
Pips: 3
Type: Charm
Effect: Dispel next outgoing storm and ice spell.

School: Ice
Name: Consolidate
Definition: To make solid or firm.
Pips: 0
Type: Ward
Effect: -25% to 3 next incoming damage spells.

Notes: Puts three 25% towers shields on someone of your choice.

School: Storm
Name: Acid Rain
Effect: Remove all positive charms from enemy.

School: Life
Name: Miasma
Definition: noxious exhalations from putrescent organic matter; poisonous effluvia or germs polluting the atmosphere.
Pips: 4
Effect: 50+420 life damage over 3 rounds.
Notes: Life’s biggest problem is clearing shields, and this spell solves it. The reason why it’s an odd pip spell is so it doesn’t overpower link or power link.

School: Myth
Name: Puppet Legion
Effect: Summon three minions of myth.

Notes: This spell summons three living puppet minions (45 health, only casts 1 pip damage spells.) The amount it summons is modified if there isn’t enough room.

School: Death
Name: Adulterate
Definition: To debase or make impure by adding inferior materials or elements.
Effect: -45% to next healing spell for all enemies.

Name: Damage Cut
Pips: 2
Effect: -30% to next damage spell for all enemies

Level 64
These spells are learned from your teacher without quests, just like your level 42 spell.

Name: Incinerate
Accuracy: 75%
Effect: 615 Fire damage over three rounds to all enemies.

Name: Glaciate
Definition: To become frozen or cover in ice or glaciers.
Accuracy: 80%
Effect: 85+615 ice damage over three rounds.

Notes: Name can be changed to Hypothermia.

Name: Tornado*
Accuracy: 70%
Effect: Has a 50% chance to deal 515 damage and 25% to next incoming storm damage spell to all enemies.

Important notes: This attack may be hard to understand, so I’ll describe it here. Imagine that you’re in a 4v4, and you cast this spell. You start at the first player, then flip a coin, if heads, this attack takes effect, if not, you skip that player entirely. It does this at each player. So you could get lucky and hit each player, or you could get unlucky and hit no one.

Name: Purge
Definition: To rid of whatever is impure or undesirable; cleanse; purify.
Effect: Remove all negative charms and wards from all friends.

Name: Tremor*
Pips: 8
Effect: 420 and remove all positive wards and charms to all enemies.

Name: Dish out*
Effect: Make next drain spell return health to all friends instead of only yourself.

Notes: If this spell ever comes out, death will be more excited about it then their 68 spell, it’s a spell that’s needed. Also, the charm looks black with a white upside-down smiley face on it.

Name: Alleviate
Definition: To make easier to endure; lessen; mitigate: to alleviate pain.
Type: Healing
Accuracy: 90%
Effect: 720 health over three rounds to all friends.

Notes:The reason why it has no upfront heal is because I think life should be the only school who can bring people from the dead with a heal all spell.

Level 66
You obtain these spells through a moderately difficult teacher quest.

Name: Conflagration
Definition: A destructive fire, usually and extensive one.
Type: Global
Effect: +25% to all fire damage spells, +10% fire accuracy, +25 fire critical rating, +35% to all fire damage over time effects.

Name: Hailstorm
Effect: +35% to all ice damage spells, +10% ice accuracy, +25 ice critical rating, inflict 65 damage to all opponents each round.

Important Notes: The damage that this attack does is only affected by resist, not charms, wards, or clothing bonus, only resist. It would be unfair if you could blade up and critical this attack, or if it cleared shields every round.

Name: Thunder Storm
Effect: +25% to all storm damage spells, +10% storm accuracy, +25 storm critical rating, inflict 85 damage to all opponents each round.

Important Notes: The damage that this attack does is only affected by resist, not charms, wards, or clothing bonus, only resist. It would be unfair if you could blade up and critical this attack, or if it cleared shields every round.

Name: Pegasus
Pips: 5
Type: Healing
Effect: 500 health and remove one damage over time effect to all friends.

Notes: With fires new global and an upgraded scald, life is gonna need this spell in pvp.

Name: Dream world*
Effect: +25% to all myth damage spells, +10% myth accuracy, +25 critical rating, +25% to all minion attributes.

Notes: I.e. your minion will have 25% more health, 25% resist, 25% damage boost, 25% more accuracy, 25% power pip chance, 25% block chance, 25% incoming health boost, 25% outgoing health boost. Your minion will gain no critical boost though.

Name: Relinquish*
Definition: to let go; to release.
Effect: take 330 death damage to deal 720 death damage.

Name: Rally
Effect: +40% to next damage spell to all friends.

Level 68
You obtain these spells by finishing a hard teacher quest

Name: Heat Stroke
Pips: 9
Accuracy: 75%
Effect: 655+60 fire damage over three rounds and stun all enemies for 2 rounds.

Notes: I had trouble thinking of a mythological creature for fire.

Name: Wendigo
Myth: It is a malevolent spirit which can transform into humans, or which could posses humans.
Effect: 740 ice damage and convert half to an absorb.

Notes: Since Wendigos don’t have an exact appearance, I was thinking they could look like dementors, but look more wizard101ish and icy.

Name: Kongamato
Myth: The creature has teeth, leathery wings, a beak, and claws.
Accuracy: 70%
Effect: 905 and steal 2 positive charms to all enemies.

Name: Euros
Myth: Euros was the god of the East Wind. He was associated with the season autumn.
Effect: 615 life damage and 615 health.

Notes: I copied this spell, but did a few changes, if you’re the one who made up the zephyr spell then please post here so I can give you credit. I copied this spell because I couldn’t think of a better one, so it’s not an insult, it’s a compliment. Anyways, so when you select this spell, your cursor gets a little fist next to it (this represents damage) you select an opponent. Then the little symbol turn into a heart (this represents healing) you then select and ally or yourself.

Name: Roc
Myth: A roc is an enormous legendary bird of prey, often said to be white.
Effect: 70+605 myth damage to all enemies.

Name: Anubis
Myth: Egyptian god of death rituals.
Effect: 620 death damage to all enemies and reduce the chance of their hit all spells from hitting by 40% or reduce the accuracy of single target spells by 45%.

Notes: Let me explain. The -40% chance of hitting is like turning the spell into tornado. It goes from player to player with a 60% chance to hit (or heal) them. If they use a single target attack, then it’s just the same as a black mantle.

Name: Chimera*
Myth: A creature, with a lion head, goat bady, and a snake tail (with a goat head coming out of the body, and the snake is the tail itself.) Though for this spell we will just pretend a chimera is a three headed dragon lol.
Effect: 30+330 fire damage over three rounds, 20+300 ice damage over three rounds, and 40+360 storm damage over three rounds.

Notes: That adds up to 1020 points worth of damage, I am worried though that this spell might unbalance pvp, feedback on that please.

Well that’s it! Constructive criticism is welcome. If you like it, please say so.

Special thanks to wiki for the myths, and dictionary.com for the definitions.

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
Being a myth wizard, i mostly just looked at myth spells. tremor seems A LOT like earthquake. Being that i dont use earthquake that much due to the remove policy, i do believe this spells need more of a hit. maybe 500.
Otherwise, i LOVE the new myth spells, although i dont get the convert blade.
Puppet Legion shouldnt be just those little puppets. Too weak. I just wouldnt use them. Maybe have a choice of what minions are summoned bassed on the amount of pips?
Dream World is pretty nice. maybe for 5 or 6 pips it goes to all wizards on your side?
Roc should be griffin, and orthrus already does 50 and 650, while "Roc" does 70 and 605. doesnt seem right. Maybe 70 and 700.
Otherwise, they look cool!

Dustin RavenBreath aka Country Gamer
Level 60 myth

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I like these ideas, Because I loved the idea of making better field spells or an upgraded version of school's field spells.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Here are some quick suggestions:

Ice: Werewolf (with a polymorph)
Fire: Ares or Mars ( The Greek and Roman god of war)
Myth: A griffin or something
Storm: Some sort quid or tornado
Balance: Apohys or however you spell it ( the Egytian snake that tried to eat the Sun) or Anubis
Death: Headless Horseman or zombie
Life: ummmmmmmmmm..... yeah, i got nothing

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
As a fire student I dont think many fire people would like the new spells.
But other then that This is REALLY REALLY REALLY Good

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
cwisler wrote:
Being a myth wizard, i mostly just looked at myth spells. tremor seems A LOT like earthquake. Being that i dont use earthquake that much due to the remove policy, i do believe this spells need more of a hit. maybe 500.
Puppet Legion shouldnt be just those little puppets. Too weak. I just wouldnt use them. Maybe have a choice of what minions are summoned bassed on the amount of pips?
Dream World is pretty nice. maybe for 5 or 6 pips it goes to all wizards on your side?
Roc should be griffin, and orthrus already does 50 and 650, while "Roc" does 70 and 605. doesnt seem right. Maybe 70 and 700.

Level 60 myth

Tremor is an upgrade of earthquake.

If you think about it three living puppets is pretty powerful as they cast 1 pip spells every round which pulls the attention of you and deals around 300 damage per round.

Its global world so it effects everyone, so I don't see your point on dream
world.

Sorry, griffin is just to common and expected. There isn't anything different about it. Anyways, I would much rather have a Roc spell (giant bird of prey) then a griffin spell. Normally a 9 pip myth attack would deal around 720, and double hit spells are about 10% weaker, so it should be dealing around 650, though I raised it to 675.

-Soltice64
P.S. found a lot of typos in my main post, so I fixed them.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
cwisler wrote:

Level 60 myth

I agree. Tremor is too much like earthquake and Roc seems a little weak for a myth all hit. Myth's highest all hit is only up to 325 damage. Not including our Noble Humongofrog spell. Changing the damage into 70 and 700 seems correct. Or 50 and 700. Griffin and Roc, I do not really care about that one because that is just a name. But I have never heard of a Roc. Sounds cool though!

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
Waterworks Warrior

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
akifoniq99 wrote:

I agree. Tremor is too much like earthquake and Roc seems a little weak for a myth all hit. Myth's highest all hit is only up to 325 damage. Not including our Noble Humongofrog spell. Changing the damage into 70 and 700 seems correct. Or 50 and 700. Griffin and Roc, I do not really care about that one because that is just a name. But I have never heard of a Roc. Sounds cool though!

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
Waterworks Warrior

How many time do I need to say this, tremor is an upgrade of earthquake.
The damage for Roc isn't weak at all. Double hit spells do 10% less damage then single hit spells, so since a 9 pip myth hit all spell would deal around 720, a hit all double hit spell should deal around 650, then I raised the damage to 675.

@thorvon65
thanks.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
cprocks988 wrote:
As a fire student I dont think many fire people would like the new spells.
But other then that This is REALLY REALLY REALLY Good

What wouldn't fire like about them? I would like to fix it if its a real problem.