Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would like to learn

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Hi everyone,

I have been playing the game for a while now but have never tried PVPing much. Two reasons: The few times I did try it, the people on the other team were very rude AND reading the boards here is kind of discouraging with all of the negativity.

With all of that aside, I have had to start an account over from scratch and would like to add PVP to the mix. Problem is, I don't know that much about it other than what I have read.

Since this is a new account, my character is a level 8 fire, I don't have a cool pet or lots of gold for treasure cards, but I would still like to find someone that can give me good advice, hints, etc on how to PVP. I guess what I'm looking for is someone to befriend that can help me with this area of the game. Mentor or Teacher sounds a bit funny but I suppose that is what I'm looking for.

If it matters - I'm an adult. :)

I know there is plenty to read about it and I have done so. I just need more than that lol

Let me know if you are interested in meeting up somewhere, although at the moment I'm still in Wizard City (s**** to have to start over when I had 3 legendaries on the other account)!

Laura - Level 8 Fire

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Cyrilla1964 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been playing the game for a while now but have never tried PVPing much. Two reasons: The few times I did try it, the people on the other team were very rude AND reading the boards here is kind of discouraging with all of the negativity.

With all of that aside, I have had to start an account over from scratch and would like to add PVP to the mix. Problem is, I don't know that much about it other than what I have read.

Since this is a new account, my character is a level 8 fire, I don't have a cool pet or lots of gold for treasure cards, but I would still like to find someone that can give me good advice, hints, etc on how to PVP. I guess what I'm looking for is someone to befriend that can help me with this area of the game. Mentor or Teacher sounds a bit funny but I suppose that is what I'm looking for.

If it matters - I'm an adult. :)

I know there is plenty to read about it and I have done so. I just need more than that lol

Let me know if you are interested in meeting up somewhere, although at the moment I'm still in Wizard City (s**** to have to start over when I had 3 legendaries on the other account)!

Laura - Level 8 Fire

1. why not use your legends in pvp
2. a level 8 or so fire will get killed in pvp
3. i can give ya tips but i need the names of your wizards and a meeting place so i can find you and add you

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Thank you for the reply grvy123

1. My legends are on an account that was shared with someone else and now, for reasons that does not matter, I cannot access it. That is why I've started over on another account.
2. Yes, I know that a level that low would not do well in the arena. I just wanted whoever read this to know that my wizard is a baby still. I do believe, however, that it is never to early to start learning.
3. My wizard's name is Laura and I can meet you whenever you are available. We can meet tomorrow(Friday) at whatever time is good for you. I'm usually on Torrence, so just give me a time/place and I'll be there.

Thanks!

Laura - Level 15 Fire

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I would love to help you out :D, my level 10 fire has a 495~46 record / 1545 rank I think I have two of the best intitiate deck setups in the game for medium rank dueling. Had to create a damage maximizing deck after the point system changed. Did you want help in game or forum advice? Also I have a perfect fire pet if you are interested in hatching, a must have for low entry level pvp. I'd be great to meet up and talk strategy sometime if you're into it?!

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
travis,

That would be great! Since it takes so long to gets posts on here I'm going to suggest a meet up a couple of days from now. I'll be online all day on Sunday so if you can tell me the time and place I can be there. I'm usually on Torrence though.

I would rather add you as a friend and talk that way vs on the forums if you don't mind.

See you soon!

Laura - level 17 Fire

P.S. The only pets that I have to hatch with is the Samurai(sp) and a regular dragon. Just need to make some gold to hatch lol

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Cyrilla1964 wrote:
travis,

That would be great! Since it takes so long to gets posts on here I'm going to suggest a meet up a couple of days from now. I'll be online all day on Sunday so if you can tell me the time and place I can be there. I'm usually on Torrence though.

I would rather add you as a friend and talk that way vs on the forums if you don't mind.

See you soon!

Laura - level 17 Fire

P.S. The only pets that I have to hatch with is the Samurai(sp) and a regular dragon. Just need to make some gold to hatch lol
Sounds good. A little background info on me.. Fire was my first school chosen by the test you take when creating a wizard. After reaching the level cap I was religiously in the arena every chance i could get, solely playing with fire.(just recently I have been leveling new schools for pvp, questing was never my thing) Before Celestia came out I was one of the Top Fire (level 50) in ranked, fighting at around 1600. The critical system and amulets have changed the game allot but people have adapted new strategies. Right now my legend warlord is around 1300 with some pretty fierce competition. Fire is my burning desire in this game.

I can help you with training point planning, deck construction, gear selection and strategy. Low level pvp has been hit hard recently so I do have some extra time on my hands at the moment lol... Sunday sounds good I'll be in Torrence in front of arena (where you enter a match for ranked) at 9am pacific time. :-) look for Justin Ashcloud- level 10

It'll be a meet up session where I can find out more about you and what level you want to pvp at. Look forward to helping you get to warlord then teaching you how to consistently win at advanced level fire pvp. Welcome to the arena