Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scheduled Rank Resets

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
The title says it all really. My idea here is really just a what if situation. I really don't know if this is the best Idea but i thought a bit through and it seems like it could help to some extent in arena problems. If i were to make this Idea i would schedule these rank resets every 3 months or around that kind of time. Mainly because when you hear about all these match up problems it is due to the fact that the low level is very high rank while legends are becoming under ranked in like the 200s. This would give everyone a clean slate for that period of time. The arena ticket vendors would have to be revised a bit just to make so that you can buy the stuff if you have ever had that rank you would be allowed to buy it. It would also stop a lot of the downranking going on. Because that extra rank wouldn't be going into the PvP system as it would just be wiped clean. When these resets would happen everyone would be given 500 rank points and put at private rank, keeping all win and loss records. And now because water works gear gives everyone the best gear and has nothing to do with PvP Legend fighting would be very even. Righ Ranked low levels would start over and fight low levels actually instead of battling with legends who will just critical their way to win. And this way everyone gets another chance to fix a slump they may have had.

This is not yet a true idea more of a suggestion to a desperate pvp system.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I like the idea for obvious reasons. This could balance the matches out but I have to point out one thing, i keep thinking people would complain if they were two fights away from an arena item and all of the sudden their rank went back to 500. Maybe it could be an option every three months so that low ranked legends could return to 500 and people who outgrew the matching system at low level could get back to fighting range without having to rank down.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
travisAk wrote:
I like the idea for obvious reasons. This could balance the matches out but I have to point out one thing, i keep thinking people would complain if they were two fights away from an arena item and all of the sudden their rank went back to 500. Maybe it could be an option every three months so that low ranked legends could return to 500 and people who outgrew the matching system at low level could get back to fighting range without having to rank down.

That was the reason i was hesistant at first. But my back up was that 3 months is more than enough to get warlord if you really work for it, I mean i know people that if they are serious about getting warlord no matter what level they will get in 2 to 3 weeks. And if we made it optional i think it seems redundant and kind of pointless because then all the people that are using ranks like that to their advantages will choose not to reset. And that is why i suggested 3 months because originall I had planned like every month. But if your serious about getting that rank and gear 3 months is more than enough.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
i am not going to be able to agree on this. I like to collect all the badges in the game and have done it to. i have my warlord badge for pvp and i won it fairly. When i won that badge i stopped playing the arena and have no desire to go back because i just wanted the badge. Plus the arena has to many rude people for me. I wouldn't want to lose my badge cause it was very hard to get.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Jack7021 wrote:
i am not going to be able to agree on this. I like to collect all the badges in the game and have done it to. i have my warlord badge for pvp and i won it fairly. When i won that badge i stopped playing the arena and have no desire to go back because i just wanted the badge. Plus the arena has to many rude people for me. I wouldn't want to lose my badge cause it was very hard to get.

You would still have the badge just a different rank is all. That kind of ties into what I said in the post if you were warlord at any time you would be able to purchase the gear whether you currently are a warlord or not. And it is basically just like how people who aren't warlords and have down ranked use the commander PvP gear.