Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Empower is a useless spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2009
Seriously, this spell needs to be reworked.
500 helath and the loss of a turn for 1 pip? you have to be kidding.
Yes, I understand, you get 3 pips, but lets do the math.
1) it costs 1 pip to cast, so you are really only gaining 2
2) it costs you a turn to cast, in which time you would gain a pip anyway,
3) and you have to pay 500 health. Seriously, the ONE pip you really get is not worth it. AS it stands this is not a level 37 spell.

My suggestion is enable the pips to have the same possability of turning into power pips as your actual power pip ratio. this way you could potentially get 3 power pips, and not just 3 regular pips. This would be worth the cost, the turn and the health damage. And there is a bit of chance in the deal. makes it more of a risk.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
Just because Empower is there, doesn't mean that you have to use it. Some wizards find the spell quite useful!

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
I dont know much about this spell but the description says, 'you lose 500 health for 3 pips.' if you have high pip chances for each turn, you can get as much as 6 pips for death school spells. So, it's not useless at all.

if you are one of the many players who rely on most secondary schools, then you need to better manage your pips.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Well i have said this before and i will say it again. Your not the only one playing Wizard 101. They're are millions of people playing just like you that have earned the same things as you. I bet you there is at least one wizard out there that likes this Empower spell your talking about. Just saying.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
LordSavage wrote:
3) and you have to pay 500 health. Seriously, the ONE pip you really get is not worth it. AS it stands this is not a level 37 spell.

My suggestion is enable the pips to have the same possability of turning into power pips as your actual power pip ratio. this way you could potentially get 3 power pips, and not just 3 regular pips. This would be worth the cost, the turn and the health damage. And there is a bit of chance in the deal. makes it more of a risk.

turn 1 , cast empower cost one gain 3 pips lose 500 life
turn 2 earn pip for total of 4 cast vampire gain 350 ish life
this is worse case , it gets better with pip wands , gear damage %, gear defence %, and power pips

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
ill let you in on a secret if you use a death shield on yourself the damage is reduced its also a good way to get rid of weakness and turn it into a strengh most of death's spells seem risky but if you use them at the right moment they are quite useful. Empower can help one use a secondary's school last spell faster and easier. i can go right from a wraith use empower and send a helephant next turn its well worth it.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Just throw death shields on yourself, it reduces the amount of damage you take.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
LordSavage wrote:

I am a level 50 Death/Life wizard and find this spell very helpful!

What you need to realize is YES it costs 500 hp to cast it BUT if you know how to play your cards right, you dont use 500hp's to cast the spell!

If you put a -85% death shield around yourself(Which you get at level 10 in the fairgrounds) it takes off of this 500hp loss. What makes it even better is you can get rid of -25% balance shield that are on you with it. These two shields together make it so you barely lose any life!

What impatient people need to realize is that its not always the FASTEST battle but the SMARTEST plays that win the battles!

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
the best way i found to use the spell is;
cast the less 80% death shield [forgot the name] on yourself
then cast the empower spell
when i do it that way i only lose like 90 something health [ i wear zeke clothes]
also i like it when the bad guys put a less 25% on me and i have the less 80% on, then it only takes 70 something health.
the only bad thing i found with it is if you set it up to use it and someone cast a death spell on you and it takes your shield before your turn then you bite the 500 health loss.