Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I would consider this cheating. Would you?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
I have a level 21 wizard that i enjoy to pvp with. I also have a best friend that enjoys pvp and he is also level 21. Last night we decided to fight some 2v2 pvp. Well both times, we were matched against a legendary wizard that brought along a very low level wizard (not sure what level, but he only had 500 health). I believe that players do this purposely to get matched against lower level wizards so they are guaranteed a win. I also believe a lot of the time it is the same person with 2 wizards. How is this at all fair? The way pvp is matched should seriously be changed. I have several Legend friends at warlord status that actually worked for their rank, not cheated for it. I think this is a sneaky and unfair way for high level wizards to be matched against low level wizards who dont stand a chance. Please Kings Isle, change the way PVP is matched up, so us lower level wizards stand a chance? :(

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
It is not cheating since it is allowed by current game rules. It is just another of many examples of how the current version of pvp is easily exploited .

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This complaint comes up several times a month. It's one of many ways that people can game the system (exploit flaws). Unfortunately, PvP won't ever be perfect, and there will probably always be some way to exploit. Some people make it their life's work to find exploits and use them..

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
It defenitely an exploit, but you would be surprised some people have recently argued it was fair lol. It is for sure a really cheap way to rack in points. But they can't say you can't pair up with someone just because of their level. Sooo i think this is just a pvp problem that the game can't fix. Hopefully more people will see this as cheap and just out of respect won't do it, but i doubt that will happen.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
These Legend/Noob teams have ruined the integrity of 2 vs 2 play to the point where like level teams are dropping out completely. 2vs2 has become rather pointless if you are looking for an even match. A solution would be to limit the level gap in between team members to something like 20 levels, the only people that would complain about this change are the ones exploiting the system. Limiting the gap would not only put out these legend noob teams but also make for more even matches, essentially breathing life back into 2vs2 arena. I can't think of any negative impacts to this change if made, can anyone else? There is no need for a legend to team up with a level 1 other than cheap, easy rank points and tickets, ruining the integrity of the system in the process.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Would I consider it cheating, No, and here is why.

1. To deceive by trickery; swindle: cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases.
2. To deprive by trickery; defraud: cheated them of their land.
3. To mislead; fool: illusions that cheat the eye.
4. To elude; escape: cheat death.

By definition what he is doing is not Cheating, It is also fair, as the definition of Fair is playing within the rules. Since KI defines the Rules, you cannot Cheat, you cannot not be fair. So, What that person is doing is not Cheating and is Fair.

Now the real question is if it is Just.....

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
Would I consider it cheating, No, and here is why.

1. To deceive by trickery; swindle: cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases.
2. To deprive by trickery; defraud: cheated them of their land.
3. To mislead; fool: illusions that cheat the eye.
4. To elude; escape: cheat death.

By definition what he is doing is not Cheating, It is also fair, as the definition of Fair is playing within the rules. Since KI defines the Rules, you cannot Cheat, you cannot not be fair. So, What that person is doing is not Cheating and is Fair.

Now the real question is if it is Just.....

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

I don't know, bringing a Legendary into a lvl 20 battle seems like a violation of rule 4: cheating death by definition to me :P

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Survivor
Oct 01, 2009
Though i have never seen, or heard of that before i think its a exploit. There are more ways to cheat on PvP on all levels. Starting with treasures... treasures shouldnt be allowed in PvP matches, PvP is suppose to test your strategy, strength, and skill. Using treasures doesnt show you have the skill to beat them fairly, but to show that you cant win on your own, or to show you have the strength to (take care of buisness) <--- courtesy of Office Depot. Taking out treasure card usage will let them become a stronger wizard or somethign of that type. Thanks for reading.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
ROFL lion. Apparently you also must enjoy playing unfair, or you wouldnt be defending people who do. KI needs to fix this and I agree about the level cap, it should be put into effect.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
BloodRainStorm wrote:
I have a level 21 wizard that i enjoy to pvp with. I also have a best friend that enjoys pvp and he is also level 21. Last night we decided to fight some 2v2 pvp. Well both times, we were matched against a legendary wizard that brought along a very low level wizard (not sure what level, but he only had 500 health). I believe that players do this purposely to get matched against lower level wizards so they are guaranteed a win. I also believe a lot of the time it is the same person with 2 wizards. How is this at all fair? The way pvp is matched should seriously be changed. I have several Legend friends at warlord status that actually worked for their rank, not cheated for it. I think this is a sneaky and unfair way for high level wizards to be matched against low level wizards who dont stand a chance. Please Kings Isle, change the way PVP is matched up, so us lower level wizards stand a chance? :(

Its not cheating because its allowed. When I was doing 2v2, we both were legendary and we went against a level 60 and a level 7. So even if it is a scheme to battle low level wizards, it can also hurt the team who uses that strategy.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
BloodRainStorm wrote:
ROFL lion. Apparently you also must enjoy playing unfair, or you wouldnt be defending people who do. KI needs to fix this and I agree about the level cap, it should be put into effect.

BloodRainStorm,

I did not defend anyone in my posting, where did you get that from?

I think you missed the whole point of my posting. The words that he/she used, disagree with what he/she said. He used the wrong words in his post, and that is what I am trying to state, plain and simple.
What does UnFair (or Cheating) mean, it means playing outside of the Rules.
If you break the Rules you are being Unfair.......
You cannot break the Rules, as KI controls the Rules, and they cannot be broken. Therefore you cannot be unfair or Cheat in this game, at all.

On the other hand, you can be UnJust, and that is what I am saying.
Yes, certain players are unjust, but no one is unfair or cheating.

Is the system exploited, does this affect the integrity, these questions have nothing to with what I posted. Yes, the game is exploited, no question about it. I won't address if it affects the integrity, that will be left up to a philosophical discussion.

I get offended when I say something is the color red, and someone tells me I called it the color of green. Try to read what I posted, and not what you think I posted.

Moribund... lol, good point, that had not crossed my mind...

Joe.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
It does happen, but just involving cheating I must grab Wizard101 staff attention. I do not remember the wizards name, but he claimed that he worked for the staff of Wizard101 and then reported me because i used Fire Elf 3-4 times and it killed him He claimed working for the game that he would know all the rules, and he called it spamming. Now i have heard of this before, it would be involving over-use of shields or blades. But would there seriously be a rule against using your spells that way?

Administrator
Articuno99 wrote:
It does happen, but just involving cheating I must grab Wizard101 staff attention. I do not remember the wizards name, but he claimed that he worked for the staff of Wizard101 and then reported me because i used Fire Elf 3-4 times and it killed him He claimed working for the game that he would know all the rules, and he called it spamming. Now i have heard of this before, it would be involving over-use of shields or blades. But would there seriously be a rule against using your spells that way?

That person does not represent KingsIsle Entertainment.
KingsIsle employees have their own badge. If someone claims they are a KingsIsle employee but they cannot show you this badge, report them immediately.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Once on my death, Emily Spiritriver, a level 16 balance wanted to do PvP with me and so I made a match. Please note that my wizard, Emily Spiritriver is a level 60 death wizard. Someone happened to say to me "It's your fault, you should have a stronger partner". It was the level 16's idea, and I was not on two accounts. I was someone different then the level 16. And we were actually winning every but one match :-).

Emily Spiritriver legendary necromancer