Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best school?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Hey guys I was just wondering which school is the best because I think it's storm but everyone seems to have a different opinion.

But the reason I think it is storm is because the attacks are really powerful and as long as you get health after every battle you almost never die. Also, you use less pips to kill people because 6 pip storm moves do a lot more damage than 6 pip ice damage, fire damage, etc. so you have to get mana less. health does not really matter as long as you kill people quickly... the one bad thing, I think, about storm is that you get less xp because it takes less turns to kill people-- but is that really a bad thing?

ok guys well which school do you think is the best?

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
I my opinion the school of storm is utterly pointless except for using as the school you get spells from with training points. They have the least health, and the lowest hit chance of any school. Sure they hit the most, but since almost all of their damage spells are available via training points, any wizard can have that much damage as well.

As for my oppinion on the best school, I think it is life because you can heal yourself and others, and also do as much damage as storm via training points. Another nice thing about life is that they have the highest hit chance, so their spells almost never miss. It is a matter of what your playing style is for the true best school for you, but I believe that in general life is the overall most powerful school.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Firebat01 wrote:
I my opinion the school of storm is utterly pointless except for using as the school you get spells from with training points. They have the least health, and the lowest hit chance of any school. Sure they hit the most, but since almost all of their damage spells are available via training points, any wizard can have that much damage as well.

As for my oppinion on the best school, I think it is life because you can heal yourself and others, and also do as much damage as storm via training points. Another nice thing about life is that they have the highest hit chance, so their spells almost never miss. It is a matter of what your playing style is for the true best school for you, but I believe that in general life is the overall most powerful school.

I hope you don't mind if I refute some of your claims.

They have the least health, and the lowest hit chance of any school.

This doesn't change just because another type of Wizard uses Storm. If accuracy is involved, Storm could be just as useless to a Thaumaturge as it could be to a Theurge.

any wizard can have that much damage as well.

Not neccessarily. Diviners have two things that other schools don't have (one of which they will never have, and the other they can get with crowns): Power Pips specced to Storm spells, and Storm-specific clothing. Sure, a Theurge could get some clothes that increase the power of their Storm spells, but they will never be as strong as an actual Diviner, who's boosts will far outclass any clothing you can just slap on any type of Wizard, especially at the latest levels, where Storm-specific boosts can exceed 70%. No Theurge can even hope to get that high in their Storm boosts.

As for my best school? I like Fire. Most of my like for Pyromancy is personal preference, but I also like how Pyromancers can make the best and fastest soloist class with a bit of thought and strategy. I soloed my Pyro all the way to Dragonspyre, before it was rehauled. And once it WAS rehauled, I soloed it all the way to the the Great Spyre. Fire is just awesome for me. :-)

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
There really isn’t a “best” school as it depends on the individual playing style and the current game content. Right now, based on game content alone, I think the best schools are Fire and Storm.

However, that being said, my personal favorites are: Death, Balance, Myth, Life, Ice, and lastly Storm.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
I think the best school is Myth or Fire those are my opinion but we all have different opinions its just i think Myth and Fire

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I'll keep this short. It's all balanced out.. Ex: Ice:Lots health, low attacks. Storm: Low health, high attacks. Do you get what I am saying?

Survivor
May 16, 2011