Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you transfer gold between characters?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
My lead character has over 200,000 in gold, and is getting refused both battle items and any new earned items because of it. I've tried to buy things I can't even use yet, but it still isn't enough. Can I transfer the gold to another character?
I'm getting stuck because of this! Weird, huh? LOL. Please help?

Thank you,

PlanetofJanet

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
PlanetofJanet wrote:
My lead character has over 200,000 in gold, and is getting refused both battle items and any new earned items because of it. I've tried to buy things I can't even use yet, but it still isn't enough. Can I transfer the gold to another character?

Thank you,

PlanetofJanet

sry ya cant switch gold between your characters

i recomend that ya go hatch alot that will help and also buy a house from the crowns shop and that will knock out most of the gold

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You can't transfer the gold between characters.

What you can do is buy equipment for the other characters on your account, as long as they're not listed "No trade", and put them in the Shared Bank. For the "No-trade" items that your other characters may need, you can buy expensive items and put them in the Shared Bank, to be sold by your other characters for gold.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
You can't transfer gold, but you can buy items that your other wizards need, and transfer the items to your other wizards (make sure you don't buy the "no transfer" items though).

Then after your backpack is a little empty and you start collecting more items from battle drops, then you can start to transfer those items to the other wizards so that they can sell them and get some gold too.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
PlanetofJanet wrote:
My lead character has over 200,000 in gold, and is getting refused both battle items and any new earned items because of it. I've tried to buy things I can't even use yet, but it still isn't enough. Can I transfer the gold to another character? I'm getting stuck because of this! Weird, huh? LOL. Please help? Thank you, PlanetofJanet
Trade items to your other characters through the shared bank and have them sell the stuff for gold, or buy stuff for your other characters with your main character and trade it through the shared bank. Do any of your other characters need a mount? That's a good 50000 gold right there off your shoulders. -eli and crew (how am i always broke? Oh yeah- crafting)

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
PlanetofJanet wrote:

Thank you,

PlanetofJanet

No. However, you can purchase things on behalf of other wizards that can be transferred such as reagents, pet snacks, pets, and gear.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
PlanetofJanet wrote:

Thank you,

PlanetofJanet

You can't transfer gold. You can, however, use your gold to buy stuff for another character (be careful what you buy doesn't say "no trade") and put it in your shared bank. The other character can then retrieve the items from the shared bank. I do this all the time when one wizard has no monies and needs gear. :-)

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
You can buy items that your other characters can use, transfer them via the shared bank.

Or buy treasure cards and trade them away in return for help on diffcult quests?

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
I know a Not very effective way of transferring gold but it isn't recommended unless you have gold to waste.
You take the wizard with all the gold and buy a bunch of expensive items at the bazaar, Then put them in the shared bank and take them out with another wizard and sell them again.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Man, I wish I had some of that! Try buying a house in the Crowns shop. That should take away about half the gold. Choose wisely! Always do preview before hand. Crafting quests, and gardening will use up some gold too. Go to the Bazaar and buy the best gear possible for your school. That should bring you down tremendously! I must ask you, though, how on earth did you get so much gold?

Defender
May 12, 2009
I end up broke because of crafting a lot, I'd like to know how you got that as well. :-D