Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Using Wizard 101 as an Art Class

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2008
Hello,

Some of you may know me already, I was a beta tester back in the day when Wizard 101 was just brand new.

So, I've come up with an idea for any educational instructor to use, I myself am only a college student, but I play Wizard 101 to relax my mind as well as communicate with others in game.

This is a great new way to teach students how fun art can be.
When I was in art class, I personally did not enjoy it as much as I did being on the computer and since so many kids these days use technology, we should enhance it to improve the school's fundamentals towards learning.

Okay, first you're going to need to ask each of your students to sign up for a trial account as this does not require access to membership.

Each new account will get a dorm to start, this is where the fun starts.
Okay, now let each student look around the game and let their imagination run wild.

Once they have a feel of what kind of house they want, ask each of them to design and construct their idea to come to life and take a photo of that house when they're done.

I would also let them look around the worlds and see what they can pick up because some places drop free items for them to use in their home.

You could also let them create and tender their own garden as well, although this wouldn't be a form of art though.

Well, that's about it, but if you have anything to add to this idea, feel free to suggest it.

Regards,
Hunter.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
darkshadow1709 wrote:
Hello,

Some of you may know me already, I was a beta tester back in the day when Wizard 101 was just brand new.

So, I've come up with an idea for any educational instructor to use, I myself am only a college student, but I play Wizard 101 to relax my mind as well as communicate with others in game.

When I was in art class, I personally did not enjoy it as much as I did being on the computer and since so many kids these days use technology, we should enhance it to improve the school's fundamentals towards learning.

Okay, first you're going to need to ask each of your students to sign up for a trial account as this does not require access to membership.

Okay, now let each student look around the game and let their imagination run wild.

Once they have a feel of what kind of house they want, ask each of them to design and construct their idea to come to life and take a photo of that house when they're done.

I would also let them look around the worlds and see what they can pick up because some places drop free items for them to use in their home.

You could also let them create and tender their own garden as well, although this wouldn't be a form of art though.

Well, that's about it, but if you have anything to add to this idea, feel free to suggest it.

Regards,
Hunter.
Thats be cool!And over 19 million people dont know you.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
so youre saying using wizard101 as a class? well, if they dont learn about magic :D

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
darkshadow1709 wrote:
This is a great new way to teach students how fun art can be. When I was in art class, I personally did not enjoy it as much as I did being on the computer and since so many kids these days use technology, we should enhance it to improve the school's fundamentals towards learning.

@Hunter,

What a great idea! Your lesson is a simulation exercise, and a great way to get students involved in conceptual learning. It's the way of future education, IMHO :-)

I'm gonna steal your assignment for my youngest home schooler!

Thanks so much for the idea.

Regards,

Queenlybluebean/Iridian/Moira/Scarlet/Rowan

Survivor
Aug 15, 2008
woot000 wrote:
darkshadow1709 wrote:
Hello,

Regards,
Hunter.
Thats be cool!And over 19 million people dont know you.

Well, that might be because I never posted on the message boards before, but I'm always in world.

marolin23: so youre saying using wizard101 as a class? well, if they dont learn about magic

Yeah, why not? Let them learn some magic too.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
darkshadow1709 wrote:
Hello,

Regards,
Hunter.

nice idea but maybe ya can pass a sheet around that asks if they have there own account

that way for extra credit they have to build a style thats based on a single world and also sweet idea.

also about the sheet idea if they get straight As they get some time to play the game more if they want and if they are all done, and have there own account and not one the school gave them