Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No more PvP for me.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Hi! I just wanted to let eveyrone know that after some long, hard thinking I decided not to quit the entire game after all. However, I am quitting PvP. My rank is currently commander and that is the way it will stay FOREVER. PvP is way to inbalanced and I am done trying to help out by pointlessly posting messages on this message board. You won't be seeing a PvP message from me again. And if you see me saying something about something else being overpowered it is NOT about PvP. Goodbye PvP... FOREVER!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I'm very sorry to hear you don't like PvP. I love the arena and plan to continue PvP for a long time, even if my rank drops to 0.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Well, we'll miss you. Bye! :(

Caroline Sunbright legendary theurgist
Emily Spiritriver legendary necromancer
& 10 other wizzies

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I agree with you, though it hasn't driven me out of the arena. Well, sad to see you go.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
bravevline wrote:
Hi! I just wanted to let eveyrone know that after some long, hard thinking I decided not to quit the entire game after all. However, I am quitting PvP. My rank is currently commander and that is the way it will stay FOREVER. PvP is way to inbalanced and I am done trying to help out by pointlessly posting messages on this message board. You won't be seeing a PvP message from me again. And if you see me saying something about something else being overpowered it is NOT about PvP. Goodbye PvP... FOREVER!

Braveline,

What makes me sad about you quitting pvp, is that it must bother you a lot.
Your status dropping in the game has to be why you are quitting.
If this is the case, your perspective is what is hurting you, not the game itself. I know that many people love the game, and hate pvp.

While you have thought long and hard, and decided to quit, remember this, losing in the game does not mean a thing if you don't let it.
It's the people that allow these lost battles to hurt them, that need to think and really understand, it's just a game. That statement is not easy for me to say, cause I love to play the game.

I just had a battle that lasted two hours and 3 minutes, and I lost.
I lost because no heals showed up, and he was able to put together a combo and take me out.
I lost and I ranked down, but my brother and I laughed over it for 5 minutes or so. What a way to lose, especially when I almost had him beaten. I won't let a game make me feel bad, I just won't.

It's a great game, and a lot of fun, but you are the one that can laugh at the lost, or let it bug your brain. If and when you decide to pvp again, this is just something to thing about.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009

Braveline,

If this is the case, your perspective is what is hurting you, not the game itself. I know that many people love the game, and hate pvp.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

I have to agree with you there. I despise PvP, but I love the game. Why do I hate PvP? It has nothing to do with winning or losing, I have done both, rank does not concern me. I hate it for the horrible attitudes, poor sportsmanship, and childish behavior that it seems to spawn in people.
So whether it is balanced or not, fair or not, I could care less. But until people stop believing that it is a medium best used to spew hate upon other players, it will never get better. I honestly would be more interested in a chat-free PvP than in whatever spells or rules they keep tweaking to try to make it better. Reduce it to win or lose, not hate/taunt/gloat/whine.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
bravevline wrote:

Braveline,

What makes me sad about you quitting pvp, is that it must bother you a lot.
Your status dropping in the game has to be why you are quitting.

While you have thought long and hard, and decided to quit, remember this, losing in the game does not mean a thing if you don't let it.
It's the people that allow these lost battles to hurt them, that need to think and really understand, it's just a game. That statement is not easy for me to say, cause I love to play the game.

I just had a battle that lasted two hours and 3 minutes, and I lost.
I lost because no heals showed up, and he was able to put together a combo and take me out.
I lost and I ranked down, but my brother and I laughed over it for 5 minutes or so. What a way to lose, especially when I almost had him beaten. I won't let a game make me feel bad, I just won't.

It's a great game, and a lot of fun, but you are the one that can laugh at the lost, or let it bug your brain. If and when you decide to pvp again, this is just something to thing about.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.
I get what your saying but I'm sorry it's different for me. I am a strong acheiver.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I quit pvp along time ago because I went against a level 48 with my level 13 storm wizard.
You would think you would at least get the same level of wizard to fight...

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I sampled PvP, determined that I didnt like it, so I dont participate. Welcome to the PvE only club!

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice