Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre questions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
1. Are we ever going to be able to get another potion bottle, so of the gauntlets in dragonspyre are quite long. Even Temporary purchasable ones would be nice

2. Is there going to be level 50 crown gear released (Grandmaster Crown Set)? I am hoping for like: 15% + power pip chance, 15% accuracy, 25% Damage, 25% Resistance (from the set).

3. Besides the two pets is there going to be anymore released, I would like to see another one that gives better health and mana than the wizard city ones. Like a dryad (200hp and 75 mana)

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
1. I don't know, but even in a place like Big Ben or Counterweight West, potions aren't really necessary. A potion is close to necessary in Tomb of the Beguiler, but that's only due to a glitch that will sometimes reset the instance if you backtrack. I'll concede that I haven't yet done Dragonspyre.

2. Reportedly there was a level 45 set of crown gear on the test server. I'm not sure why it hasn't moved to the live servers; my best guess is that it's going to use the high level cards that they're still working on. Or maybe it has moved to the live servers and I just don't know it.

I'd assume that there will be a level 50 set, but not until the next world is released. You get to level 25 in Krokotopia, but the level 25 crown gear is in Marleybone. Similarly, you get to 35 in Marleybone, but the 35 crown gear is in Mooshu.

3. I hope not. More things to have to buy upgrades for is a pain.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
The thing in DragonSpyre is that you have the indicted levels which are 8-10 levels of battles and if you don't have a way to pump up health during a battle, you can go through the bottles very quickly. And if you do run out, and take the time to refill the bottles, by the time you get all the way from the basillica back to the level, the timer has reset and you have to start all over.

Or in the case of the Great Spyre which has some pretty heavy battles but no health wisps. Those I'd like to see, just like in the Big Ben towers at Marleybone.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
1. I don't know, but even in a place like Big Ben or Counterweight West, potions aren't really necessary. A potion is close to necessary in Tomb of the Beguiler, but that's only due to a glitch that will sometimes reset the instance if you backtrack. I'll concede that I haven't yet done Dragonspyre.

2. Reportedly there was a level 45 set of crown gear on the test server. I'm not sure why it hasn't moved to the live servers; my best guess is that it's going to use the high level cards that they're still working on. Or maybe it has moved to the live servers and I just don't know it.

I'd assume that there will be a level 50 set, but not until the next world is released. You get to level 25 in Krokotopia, but the level 25 crown gear is in Marleybone. Similarly, you get to 35 in Marleybone, but the 35 crown gear is in Mooshu.

3. I hope not. More things to have to buy upgrades for is a pain.

8)
1> Agreed; I've rarely used Potions anyway, and only failed to solo Big Ben because there was a Death-element Reaper; Otherwise, I would have given Meow-Boy the nightmare battle of his existance....

2> I've actually seen a couple of Wizards with Gear that was marked "Level 45+", including a Staff I thought was my eyesight going bad, and a Robes with sizable bonuses and a Spell (forgot which one; It shocked me that badly). Crown Gear, however? Haven't made DragonSpyre; so not sure....

3> Costs may be a lot; but more sources of Mana and Health increases is always welcome in my opinion, as long as its in theme with the world where its sold. I find the flower-imaged rings of Mooshu particularly nice....

Scarlet SkullHamme (Death 39, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
8)