Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Very Sloww on my mini laptop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Hello Angel here and I have a question about wizard101 why is it so slow on my pc? I mean its gotten to the point where I cant even pvp it will skip me... I have tried clearing catche and cookies but nothing will work I went to the point where I took off my current browser and downloaded a new one. Does anyone know whats wrong its very annoying the lag and all and I want to fix it for better gameplay. Please help! :(

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Because of the graphics requirements, you need a very strong laptop to play this game. I would suggest going into options and turning off all of the graphics options that you can and dialing the others down as far as possible.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
My guess is because your hard drive does not have enough power to play games like Wizard101. There is nothing you can do about it from what I can tell. I had a small notebook computer and it couldn't play games. Notebook computers in the first place aren't meant to play games. They tend to be for research and writing. Nothing too big. From what I can tell, there is nothing you can do about it. Simple as the laptop not strong enough to support a game with high quality, such as Wizard101.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Well mini laptops are usually used for netbooking, school, and other minor things. While Wizard101 doesn't require a souped up gaming computer, it does have its requirements. Go here. https://www.wizard101.com/game/system-requirements Compare your system with the requirements. Assuming you have a PC, go to the start menu and RIGHT CLICK on Computer and then click on Properties. I don't think your mini can handle wizards. Try this too, adjust all the Wizard101 settings (in-game) to low, switch to the lowest resolution and don't use fullscreen. I hope you can play Wizards, Good Luck!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
colagada wrote:
Because of the graphics requirements, you need a very strong laptop to play this game. I would suggest going into options and turning off all of the graphics options that you can and dialing the others down as far as possible.

Thank you very much!!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
DreamLucid wrote:
My guess is because your hard drive does not have enough power to play games like Wizard101. There is nothing you can do about it from what I can tell. I had a small notebook computer and it couldn't play games. Notebook computers in the first place aren't meant to play games. They tend to be for research and writing. Nothing too big. From what I can tell, there is nothing you can do about it. Simple as the laptop not strong enough to support a game with high quality, such as Wizard101.

Actually, it is all about the Operatig System. I have a laptop and am pretty sure i have Windows 7(r) and i think 16 bit. I do get lags here and there, but not major. The netbook Probably has a lower bit. You can also choose from a 32 bit which probably will let you zoom through w101 in a breeze! (My father is a techno geek x. x)

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I tried wiz 101 on a mini laptop once. It just doesn't work. Mini laptops are for work-related things only. It is difficult to go on places like youtube, thatguywiththeglasses, or Wizard101 with it because it does not have a lot of memory space. Basically, the only game you can play on it is Solitare.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I believe wizard101 doesnt work on mini laptops, just laptops and not netbooks

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
well i have a sony vaio and it does not work much so yea.