Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So many questions...Please help me.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
I've noticed the players have different text color boxes. How do I change me text box so that its not white?

I just subscribed, but I haven't been getting any new outfits or any new animals? Do I have to wait, or should these new items show up immediately. I really want to but some new clothes because that's why I subscribed in the first place.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Ok well first of all, I think that the text box that you have is always white. To other players, I think it is another color, though I still have to figure out what determines these colors. Not sure, but mine is white too.

And the new clothes, you have to gain access to Krokotopia to get them. You get there by completing the main storyline quests in Firecat Alley, Triton Avenue, and Cyclops Lane. I think. You need to buy them, and most are for level 15 and up. Or you can buy crowns to get other items from Zeke or the special holiday people in the Shopping District.

If someone else has a better answer, please contribute.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
Windlilly wrote:
Ok well first of all, I think that the text box that you have is always white. To other players, I think it is another color, though I still have to figure out what determines these colors. Not sure, but mine is white too.

And the new clothes, you have to gain access to Krokotopia to get them. You get there by completing the main storyline quests in Firecat Alley, Triton Avenue, and Cyclops Lane. I think. You need to buy them, and most are for level 15 and up. Or you can buy crowns to get other items from Zeke or the special holiday people in the Shopping District.

If someone else has a better answer, please contribute.

I think it's your class that determines what colour your box is... I think mind.

;) :-) 8)

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
I usually run two different characters. Your class does not determine your text box color that I can tell. It is always white to you but always colored to other people.

Regarding clothes, there are some great clothing items that drop from boss monsters. Sometimes you will get things for your class and sometimes not. Many people farm (kill repeatedly) a boss to get something good such as clothing for their class, a pet, or a specific staff. One of the best monsters to farm is Lord Nightshade in Haunted Cave. I've also gotten some great items from Alicane Swiftarrow (if you are still in Wizard City). I never buy anything until I make it to Moo Shu, because I feel I can get great equipment from bosses so why bother.

One thing you do want to do is to get your level 10 clothing when you unlock Colossus. You must receive the quest from Ambrose to talk to Mindy Pixiecrown and you must talk to the guard at Colossus to open the gate. As soon as that gate is open, you can go talk to Gloria Krendell in Olde Town, who will send you on several small tasks to collect items to make a new suit. At the end, you battle The Great Troll and he gives you the robe, boots, and hat for your class. The clothing is for level 10 but I've worn a lot of it on different classes until level 20+.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
i see people all the time even novice wizardswith colored words how do you change the color of them :?