Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns Redemption

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Within the first week of playing Wizard101, I paid 750 crowns to go into Cyclops Lane. Unbeknownst to me, my sister who also plays the game was working on getting me a membership. One day later (no more), I got the membership. A surprise to me.

I feel as if I wasted 750 crowns. I really regret that. Had I known my sister was attempting to get me a membership, I would have waited on going to Cyclops Lane.

My question: Is it possible to obtain those 750 crowns back, do to the mishap? I know that I should pay attention to caveat emptor, and I accept that. That is why I want to try and negotiate something if at all possible. If negotiations aren't available, I accept that for it was my mistake, not the company of the game. Either way, if I get it back or not, I will still continue playing Wizard101.

Thanks for a great gaming experience!
Seth NightFlame

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The best chance is to send in a ticket to Support.

Either way, the chances are slim. KingsIsle has been firm about Crowns usage being the responsibility of those spending them.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
DreamLucid wrote:
Within the first week of playing Wizard101, I paid 750 crowns to go into Cyclops Lane. Unbeknownst to me, my sister who also plays the game was working on getting me a membership. One day later (no more), I got the membership. A surprise to me.

I feel as if I wasted 750 crowns. I really regret that. Had I known my sister was attempting to get me a membership, I would have waited on going to Cyclops Lane.

My question: Is it possible to obtain those 750 crowns back, do to the mishap? I know that I should pay attention to caveat emptor, and I accept that. That is why I want to try and negotiate something if at all possible. If negotiations aren't available, I accept that for it was my mistake, not the company of the game. Either way, if I get it back or not, I will still continue playing Wizard101.

Seth NightFlame

there is good news and bad
good news if ya lose membership ya can still go to cyclops lane
bad news ya cant get the crowns back

idk how to help you in this case sorry

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
DreamLucid wrote:

Seth NightFlame
Crowns are crowns you know. It's like spending money in a store, You buy something you can't get the money back so spend wisely! (same thing with crowns too)

Ashley Angelbreeze lvl 28 pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Webkinzsnowcrystal wrote:
DreamLucid wrote:

Seth NightFlame
Crowns are crowns you know. It's like spending money in a store, You buy something you can't get the money back so spend wisely! (same thing with crowns too)

Ashley Angelbreeze lvl 28 pyromancer

Not true with reusable items (in game and at a store). Most things that do not get used up have some type of resale value in the same currency that it was bought for. Also most new items can be returned to the store for the full purchase price within X amount of days. In this case I would more than agree with having the bought area for only one day still being considered "new."

Now for a response to the OP. Those crowns are not wasted. If you do not stay a member you still have access to that and any other areas that you may have bought.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
Uhhhhhhh....I am not sure what to say. As a member, I do say it is a waste of crowns but I have been a member ever since I started playing this game of wizardry. I do agree, waste of Crowns, but nothing to fret about. I have wasted millions of crowns when I was younger. Buying stuff I didn't need like a firecat pet(just so that a role play made more sense), 20,000 crowns to my friend(gifting), who didn't even like me at all, and a seahorse mount, which turned out a lot of people don't like,i:. So I have wasted many many many crowns before. Consider yourself lucky you aren't dumb like I was and only wasted 750crowns and not like 40,000! So, yea. Sorry, but I don't think you can get 'em back. But I wish we could fella, I wish we could...

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Well KI wont refund your crowns back because right before you buy, the buying party must agree to the purchase.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
DreamLucid wrote:

Seth NightFlame

I don't think that is actually possible. The same thing happened to me. I begged my head off for my parents to get me some crowns cause I got desperate after I saw the Sandman countdown. I spent my leftover Crowns to purchase Firecat Alley, Cyclops Lane, Dark Cave, and Crab Alley. About two days later, I found out that my mom and dad had agreed to give me a MEMBERSHIP because I did well on a mere math test at school. So there I was, feeling a little hung out, knowing that with a membership I've thrown out about 3,000 crowns to complete Wizard City, only to find out that it's basically useless now that I'm a member.

The reason I think it will not be possible to "repay" a area that you brought is because you've already experienced the joy of the area. If you brought a paying place and then wanted to repay it back after you finished the area, then they will have a high chance of not letting you because since you finished that world you have already experienced the fun and storyline of the area.