Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What wizard NOT to get?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
I was wondering, since you can only have 6 wizards, and there's 7 schools, what school would you prefer NOT to get, or two schools, if you have two of one school. I was just wondering to see what feedback that I'd get!

Alyssa Pixiedust♥

Level 33 Therugist♣

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I would pass on Balance; or maybe Myth. I have not played Death yet.
IMO Storm, Fire, Ice and Life are cool. (Storm is my favorite.)

If you only have 1 wiz you have plenty of time to decide...

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
I started with a storm. Frustrating as all get out but after a bit I grew to love her. Second was life, then fire, then death and finally myth and ice. I just couldn't seem to get into the myth or ice for some reason. I deleted those and went with a balance. Finally went back to a myth and now she's a legend as well.

I've started an ice over and over but that one just isn't for me. I've met a lot of ice wizards on the game though and they're awesome. I think you just have to try and few and see which suits you best.

The only one I believe I couldn't do without would be my storm and life wizards. The playing style for those fits me perfectly.

Good luck on whichever you choose and just have fun with them!

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
I think the one I'll be NOT getting will be the ice one, I don't have a reason, I don't even know why myself, it just doesn't appeal to me as much as the others. I already have Death, Life, Myth and Balance wizards.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
flipper2299 wrote:
I was wondering, since you can only have 6 wizards, and there's 7 schools, what school would you prefer NOT to get, or two schools, if you have two of one school. I was just wondering to see what feedback that I'd get!

Alyssa Pixiedust♥

Level 33 Therugist♣

On one account, I don't have Balance (couldn't get comfortable with it), and I don't have Storm (too predictable and at times too easy), but I do have two Life (Life was my first wizard and I just really like it). Thanks for asking. :D

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
flipper2299 wrote:

Alyssa Pixiedust♥

Level 33 Therugist♣

Its really a decision directly related to your personality and play style. I recommend that you try all of them (maybe not to legendary, but you get a very good feel for the school by Mooshu) because it really enhances your ability to play the game. You might try to play the ones that look least appealing to you until say, the end of Krok. If you aren't enjoying one of them by then, then you have your answer. :D

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I started out with a Life wizard from taking the test and I have loved her since the beginning. I would prefer not to have a Balance because it just doesn't seem to me as if that would be a REAL school, seeing that they say it is all the talents combined. No offense Sorcerers. :?

Survivor
May 03, 2011
I guess its a choice of which wizard you don't like

My wizards:

Life: This is my fav and my highest char Level 27

Storm: She is about level 8 or 9 not sure about her

Death: Level 5. I don't like her at all

Ice: This one is level 10 she is my second favorite

(in that order I rolled them)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
For me it was down to Ice and Myth because I didn't like the idea of having tons of HP, but no attack power for most of the game, and I didn't like the idea of being the "master of monsters" because I'm not fond of minions. In the end I chose Myth as the lesser of two evils and left out Ice. I do like having Pierce and Shatter since shields are the bane of my existence, and I like the Myth attack spells a lot. Ice doesn't have great attack spells, and the only spell I'd really be intered in using is Ice Armor even though everyone agrees that it's terrible.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Wow! So many Different opinions! Great to hear! I'm trying Death out, but not liking it so far. The attacks are pretty weak IMO, and like, why not just get Life? Instead of half healing yourself, you can heal all the way XD I'm keeping her, because maybe when she's higher, she'll have better attacks. She's only level 13 right now...

Thanks for posting!

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I made every wizard but fire on my first account, but then had to make a second account to make a fire mage. I'd have to say i enjoy all of them and originally i was planning on scrapping my life mage to make a fire one, but now my life mage is level 46 and just starting wintertusk. I suppose my least favorites, though, are my life and death mages, so if i had to choose to lose one, i'd lose one of those 2. then again, myth is my favorite, so my opinion might be a little skewed. -eli and crew

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
The order of my wizards in level is ice, myth, storm, fire, life, and ... death. I started death school but am thinking of deleting it. Everyone says it's the greatest school but I don't see what's so great about it... It only steals half the health of the card (usually) and the feint trap belongs more in the balance school, not the death. I got it to level 16 but got bored with it so it's just sitting there wasting space when I am collecting tons of good balance stuff just sitting in my backpack. So don't get mad at me but I think death is the worst school. :?

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
shrukain wrote:
The order of my wizards in level is ice, myth, storm, fire, life, and ... death. I started death school but am thinking of deleting it. Everyone says it's the greatest school but I don't see what's so great about it... It only steals half the health of the card (usually) and the feint trap belongs more in the balance school, not the death. I got it to level 16 but got bored with it so it's just sitting there wasting space when I am collecting tons of good balance stuff just sitting in my backpack. So don't get mad at me but I think death is the worst school. :?

I know! Ugh. Why make a Death Wizard when you can have a life one? My level 13 one got deleted yesterday. Death is a school that does not appeal to me at all. Also, if you have good balance stuff, and you have a balance wizard, then put it in your shared bank!

Alyssa Pixiedust♥
Level 34 Therugist♣

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
For me it was down to Ice and Myth because I didn't like the idea of having tons of HP, but no attack power for most of the game, and I didn't like the idea of being the "master of monsters" because I'm not fond of minions. In the end I chose Myth as the lesser of two evils and left out Ice. I do like having Pierce and Shatter since shields are the bane of my existence, and I like the Myth attack spells a lot. Ice doesn't have great attack spells, and the only spell I'd really be intered in using is Ice Armor even though everyone agrees that it's terrible.

I second this. I almost didn't want myth because soloing the game is not my style or forte and minions only seem to hinder my battling-- using up traps, over and over and over again!!! Mander minion is actually, in my opinion, better than the ones given by spectral minion, because he only buffs and shields me and rarely attacks. But I digress.

I just didn't want to choose ice because my style is more "attack first and shield later." I just couldn't stand the thought of doing nothing but shielding.

My playing style is actually best suited to storm, but my main character is Balance. Which is okay because balance has some pretty strong attacks with the use of its traps and blades. I almost wanted two balance wizards, but gave up the second balance wizard because I wanted to give myth a chance. Was it a mistake? I don't know. We'll wait and see....

Overkill feedback, lol!

Sophia AshHeart
Level 46 Balance

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
flipper2299 wrote:

Alyssa Pixiedust♥

Level 33 Therugist♣

myth. worst school ever. bad damage. the only up side is a lot of minions. yeah life does less damage than myth but you get a better damage replacement: healing! for me, the best combo is storm school of focus, life secondary, moon third! well on all my wizards i'll choose moon. lol :P

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
i like all the schools exept fire. i dont like fire because the spells are boring thats my only reason but i just dont like it

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
I have 5 legendary wizards, working on 6th

Fire - my first and my favorite by far
Storm - fun to play once you get in higher levels
Ice - good solid wizard and can do more damage than people think :)
Death - loved it from the beginning
Life - I like life more than I thought I would, I play her a lot

Myth - level 30 in Marleybone - still undecided on her. Have thought several times to delete and start a balance, but will probably take to legendary

Sometimes I have a hard time deciding which wizard I want to play on LOL