Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-5-11

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I'd love to be able to consistently mouse click. But so often it doesn't work that I habitually use the X now.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
X Almost every moment!
(For a couple reasons)
1. I use a laptop.
2. It's easy for me to have one hand on the keyboard, and one hand on the arrow keys

Timothy LegendSword
Level 60 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I usually use "x" to interact with objects, and the mouse to move around the world. I like it better than WASD or the arrow keys for that :)

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
X button definately. Somehow, when i use the mouse, it takes about 5 clicks to actually interact with the object. ( this may sound lame, but you are not always sure where the object is.)
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
in W 101 i have my left Mid. finger on the W key and steer by holding down the right mouse button my left index on X key and left thumb on SPACE BAR.

8) :x :P :-P ;-) :? :-( :|

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I almost always use the 'x' button since I use a laptop. The only times I use my mouse pad to select is when I accidentally push the 'c' button one too many times

Alicia FireHeart
lvl 60 Balance

Survivor
May 08, 2011
I always use the X button because to me i think it is a lot easier.
Level 54 Conjurer (Myth)

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
I use the X button because i think it's better than clicking the right spot

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
Defender
Mar 05, 2009
I'm definitely in the X to Interact camp. I've tried using the mouse to interact a few times (mainly in the pet pavilion) and can't get it to work, I end up looking at someone's stats & info instead of starting a game.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
Survivor
Nov 29, 2010
Well, I almost always use "x" when walking. As I am on a laptop, a touchpad is not the most efficient way to move. When I shop, sell, or am fighting, I use the mouse, though.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I do both which ever my hand is near, sometimes i walk using mouse others using WASD so whichever i'm near i use it!

Defender
May 31, 2009
I mostly use X because my mouse is very unreliable, haha.

Sabrina, legendary Thaumaturge (The fire school is beastly :3, even though I'm Ice)

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Most of the time I use "X", sort of... I have my mouse programmed so that pressing the scroll wheel is the same as pressing "X"

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
I like having the option of both. I guess you could say I'm ambiclixterous! LOL! Thanks for asking. Good fun for all in the Spiral!

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
i use x just seems easier cause my hands are all over when i am playing but its just better for me to press the x button :)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
idk, this is a tough one lol. i tend to use mouse for battles, selecting worlds at a spiral door, etc. how ever i use mouse for interacting with npcs, harvesting reagents, harvesting plants, using my genie, etc.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I'm more of an X person. I usually have one hand on the keyboard on ASDF and the other on the arrow keys. I use the mouse for battles, shopping, and decorating my little piece of MooShu. I'm wondering, though, how many people use WASD instead of the arrow keys.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
I prefer using the X button. I was not even sure that the mouse was a viable option. (I may try it the next time I'm in the game.)

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I use both. I prefer x button because that way if you need to talk to an NPC that has 10 people standing on top of them, you can. But I also use the mouse because I get multiple 5-second disconnects every time I play, and for some reason, they often disable the x-button ability, and I have to click. I usually re-log when that happens, but I can't if I am in a dungeon. If you got rid of the click ability, I literally would have to restart dungeons just because of not being able to speak to the characters. Potential rage-instigator there. Those random disconnects affect a lot of other things too, such as making my cards invisible when it occurs in battle, or making all traps and blades invisible, making my plants un-harvestable, pets invisible, wand invisible, etc. In other words, it does weird things. I assume it is a Wizard101 issue since it does not happen with my other games.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
It one or the other for me cause it depends what I play on. A laptop or a computer.

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
Waterworks Warrior

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
Hero
May 02, 2009
I usually/normally use the X button to interact with objects, mainly because there's usually a couple other players surrounding the npc that using the mouse click will sometimes bring up a character panel.
Sometimes I'll use the mouse, but overall, I feel that the X button is the better/more easier way to go.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
Most of the times I press X, but when i'm feeling too lazy to move my right hand above the key letter X i just use my mouse to click the object or npc XD