Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-5-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Wow, it's August already. Our temperatures are climbing past 100 here, and all the other professors are complaining. Me? I love it! Best weather for practicing pyromancy! And Friday is the best day for... you guessed it... feedback!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we're curious about your affinity with mice (or lack of). Please take our poll and let us know... how do you play? Do you click on interactable objects with your mouse, or do you prefer to press X?

Time to go outside and play fetch with the firecat, he is also loving this weather! Have a wonderful weekend!

EDIT: fixed a typo. ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
I use the X button. I usually have one hand on the arrow kets (Up, down, left, right) and one hand on the keyboard. I use the mouse for mostly battles, shopping, selling, and gardening. With the mouse, I often click in the wrong places, and it takes me longer to interact with the mouse!

Alyssa Pixiedust♥
Level 33 Therugist♣

Community Leader
Easy one- I use the mouse all the time . As I am a older player my hands sometimes hurt pretty bad and if I can do more with just the mouse makes it much simpler.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
I press the "x" key because i use the click feature to look camera around, with x. i always know i am gonna talk to him/her/it/ and not look at my shoes!

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Well, Falmea, I use both of them all the time. It's easier to use a keyboard mostly. Next, Well, The click sometimes rotates my screen. I have a question for you. When is the "Secret" Going to be released into live game? :-)

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Sadness, great sadness, I have killed another mouse today.

I wish they could make a mouse that I could not break.

I have an ever increasing collection of dead, broken mice hanging around.

I had to search for a replacement and found an old IntelliMouse that I will have to use until I get a new, soon to be broken, mouse again.

Have fun!!! :( :( :(

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
since i am sitting on a laptop i dont play with a mouse, i always always press X and would like to keep it that way

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Well I am sure most people don't mind using the x, but if you use a laptop and a mouse and you sit back in the semi dark relaxed, it is tough to find the x on the keyboard and a lot of times waist time where I am already using a mouse why use the x as well >.>it would be nice if either or would be available for all parts of the game. more then once someone snatched something in front of me cause I could not find the x fast enough cause the lights where to low.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
It all depends on what I am doing. If I am questing, and just going along, then ya, I will just click the npc, reagent, wooden chest, whatever, with my mouse. However, many times I will be actively harvesting reagents at known locations, then 1 hand is moving with the mouse while my other hand hovers over the "x" button. Makes it quicker to grab the reagent and move on to the next location.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
Interesting! I'm more for the keyboard, Since my hands are usually down there typing away, but when I was menu I always used the mouse so I used that more.
I think wizards just use what's based off of their typing scheme.
But that's me ... and i'm initiate/apprentice/novice wizard around here for a reason

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
I also use both.....arrow keys and X for most of the running. But in battle i prefer the mouse...
Great game by the way
Sophia Iceblood

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I love my mouse! I could not run around without it.

I would prefer to just use my mouse. Right now I run with my mouse and keep my finger on the X. LOL I have severe hand/eye coordination problems.

Megan

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I always use the x button because it is easier since my mouse (my mouse board) doesn't have any grip. I have been using it ever since i have gotten wizard101. So the x button is my clicker.

Dylan Wildthief
Legendary pyromancer lvl 60

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
i prefer to use x instead of clicking the mouse for a few reasons
-my hands already are on the keyboard ready to type
-i use a laptop anyways
-i think my finger kinda hovers over the x key already
cya in the spiral! :D
rachel iceheart lvl 58 balance

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
In battle I use the mouse to select cards and place them on target. Moving around, harvesting reagents, talking to the quest giver etc, I use the keyboard and X.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2010
It all depends on what I am doing at the time. Mostly, I use the mouse, but for some things, I seem to have no choice but to use the X key. I really prefer the mouse tho, as one poster put it; I am getting too old for my hands to do as much as I like. LOL!! :) :D

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
X ALL THE WAY!!! the mouse is so inconvinient because sometimes if there are a lot of people crowded around a person (like in he bazzar) you end up clicking on a person......and THAT is annoying!

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I guess both since it depends on which is more handy. In the night, (dark) I use mouse.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Usually, I use my left hand for the w, a, s, d, and x keys and click with my right. When I get lazy I will walk around with the mouse, or use the up, down, left, and right keys. I usually interact using the x key, or just use the mouse all of the time, again, when I feel lazy .

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
I'm use to some other games so I use the mouse to move (holding both buttons), but X to interact. Everyone else in my family is pretty much the opposite though.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Survivor
May 25, 2010
hey falmea, lemme just start by saying you the best ravenwood teacher! ok so i usually play with pressing X because when i tired i just lean back in my chaiur and just use keyboard, but i always use the mouse in duel