Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weather in 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
I think there should be weather in Wizard101. It should rain, snow, be windy, be sunny, and be stormy. There should be earthquakes too! :D Well, I just wanted to suggest weather.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
It's not that bad of an idea. Definitely 'no' about the earthquake thing. That just makes no sense.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I like this. I, for one, would like to see a sunny Marleybone, or a Mooshu in the night (for the last few areas). Maybe it could go on a 30-minute day-night cycle or something like that?

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Explorer
May 25, 2009
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
I like this. I, for one, would like to see a sunny Marleybone, or a Mooshu in the night (for the last few areas). Maybe it could go on a 30-minute day-night cycle or something like that?
I agree on that. But no earthquakes. :3 I love Wizard101! KI just MIGHT put this up probably 10% chance right now. O: IDEA! There would be Wizard101 weather on a TV where KI has a couple wizard's (they record this and they type things and control those characters) It's in a house where things are set up. And they'd say like, "Hello this is John Earthcaster here! Here is the weather update!" and they would say things like that or they could just have a newscast O: OR we could make the newscast ourselves! :) anyways cya around the spiral!

~Taylor Daisystone
Level 59 Pyromancer
"Peace, love, and fire!"

<3

Survivor
May 03, 2011
Defender
Jan 09, 2011
The friendly necromancer explained this KI doesnt add weather except when you first start because they want the game to work even on junk computers

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
weather in w101 eh? well listen to this weathe control in your house castle or dorm it would be a new tab next to gardening and furniture tabs in lower rite corner of screen. what it could do is for the cost of mana change it day time to night time or night to day make a snow storm roll in and you could pick how heavy it would be like a light sprinkle of snow or a massive blizzard. there could also be storms to and maybe gusty winds heat waves so every thing would get all rippley like you see on hot days and the sun would be rite over your house only a few miles away. there could also be mist and fog to add a slightly creepy efect to the house and there could be a setting to make it dawn or dusk in the back round and could setting AND finally mini tornados
little tiny tornados about the size of a players character and if you get caught in one you would be spun around madly and you could pick how many you wanted on your property but they would all cost mana. day to night and night to day 15 mana rain 5 mana storm 10 mana down poor 20 mana, snow 5 mana gale force 10 mana blizzard 20, fog light fog 5 mana thick fog 10 mana, mini tornados costs 10 mana to place one and they spin in all directions randomly.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
rushb1494040 wrote:
I think there should be weather in Wizard101. It should rain, snow, be windy, be sunny, and be stormy. There should be earthquakes too! :D Well, I just wanted to suggest weather.

Well some people play this game on an old computer because maybe they don't have the time or money to get a new one, therefore if there were weather in Wizard101, their compter would lag very much even when the computer lags enough.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
woot000 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
No.
Why.

This isn't The Sims. We don't need weather because there's no way to experience it; therefore, there's no reason for it. All it would do is slow down the game.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
deathwizard831 wrote:
The friendly necromancer explained this KI doesnt add weather except when you first start because they want the game to work even on junk computers

Maybe they could make "weather" and "day/night cycles" an option? I like the idea about every 30 minutes changing between day and night, and maybe during each change there could be a chance at different weather effects.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Everything except the earthquake and snow sounds good to me (they already have cards for those)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
eggywig wrote:
It should always rain in Celestia, but not on the Floating Land.

That doesn't make sense... Celestia is underwater in a dome and the only place you can go above water is the floating land. It can't rain underwater...

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
woot000 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
No.
Why.

This isn't The Sims. We don't need weather because there's no way to experience it; therefore, there's no reason for it. All it would do is slow down the game.
well do you want it to be the EXACT same thing all the time?I mean the rain can slow you down i bit but still do it

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
Three Words:

Yes

Did you mean letters, because yes is one word.

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
lilycat1111 wrote:
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
Three Words:

Yes

Did you mean letters, because yes is one word.

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary

Um, read inside the brackets and you should get the picture quick:
(Three words: No.)
Get it yet?
On-topic, the weather would be nice change for a little while, but eventually everyone'll be bored of it, so it sure needs an on/off switch.
R. .N.A.N

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
Weather is a great idea. It has been brought up before because of the tutorial where it appears to rain. I think that if it was to rain or snow then it should consistnetly rain or snow in that specific area. The changing of weather in the normal game would cause lots lag or glitchy gameplay. I feel that there is already enough of this from the tons of people all running around at once in the same area, most commonly found in the commons. This weather changing would also have mixed feelings from the large variety of people that play this game. The amount of time and effort that goes into this would quickly be forgotten about. For example, in celestia underwater areas, how many people still find it extreamly fun to just swim around. Most people just go where they need to go because it got old, quick. Introducing changing weather would simply be a waste of time even though it would be cool for the first week.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
woot000 wrote:
well do you want it to be the EXACT same thing all the time?I mean the rain can slow you down i bit but still do it

Why not? If you think about it, is weather really necessary? What can you really do with weather in an RPG? Also, how wouldn't weather ruin the mood in certain worlds? Blizzards in Dragonspyre? Hurricanes in Krokotopia? Heatwaves in Wintertusk? Weather does not need to be added to the game.