Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change Genders

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
I think for 1000 Crowns you should be able to change Genders.

here how it will work

You go to Golom Court and you talk to Mr. Linkon and he will give you 2 new options "Change To Boy" and "Change To Girl"
When you click one it will then say "Play 1000 Crowns?" with a buy button
when you click buy a confirm message will pop up making sure you want to do this.
At the bottom of the message there will be a confirm button.

when you click confirm
A Pink/Blue light will come out of you "Light depends which gender you are" and will go up in the sky then your wizard will be a blank gray body with no face. hair or Clothes and a Girl/Boy Character pick like the start of the game will appear and you will change your boy/girl that you changed into to your liking. then click "ok" and a flash of blue/pink light will swirl around you "Depending on which gender you are changing into" and will then go into the center of your body and a flash of light will appear and you will now have no clothes on but the new default clothes.

then you can now put back on your clothes you had on before the change and go back to your quest.

Plus there will also 3rd option that allows you to just change the default clothes and your face and hair for 500 crowns.

well hopefully you liking this idea
if you have any suggestions on how to change this to be better please post your suggestion as a reply

Taylor Jadewhisper, level 32, storm wizard

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
What would happen to your name? Like, my name, Alyssa Pixiedust, isn't really a boy name. Would you need to change your name? Nobody would know who you are/were if you change your EVERYTHING! I like the hair idea, and the default clothing idea, but changing GENDERS? Yeah, thanks, but no thanks!

Alyssa Pixiedust♥
Level 32 Therugist♣

Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
That would be cool lol to fool your friends XD

~ Scarlet ShadowSword, Level 22, Necromancer

Survivor
Oct 21, 2009
I'm not very fond of that idea.

I really dont see why a boy would like to turn into a girl, or a girl to a boy, even if it's temporary.

Paige Lifestone
Life
Level 28

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
dynamicz34 wrote:
I think for 1000 Crowns you should be able to change Genders.

think you'd have to be able to pick a new name, too - cause a lot of the names are gender specific and won't work in a swap like this

Can you see some girl walking around with a name like Brandon DeathCaller?

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Change default clothes, hair, and face, etc. Sure I would love to change my hair since boys aren't suppose to have long hair and I made this mistake. But gender change? Absolutely... NOT!!!! Do you know what kind of problems this could lead to!?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
bravevline wrote:
Change default clothes, hair, and face, etc. Sure I would love to change my hair since boys aren't suppose to have long hair and I made this mistake. But gender change? Absolutely... NOT!!!! Do you know what kind of problems this could lead to!?

Wait, who said guys aren't supposed to have long hair? I didn't get that memo.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'm surprised KI even let this thread be posted. I'll tell you right now: not in a million years would KI make this idea happen. It's way too contraversial.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
ok really what kinda i said like the begining screen which includes the name changing

and plus your friends will know to because when they Log on or are plaything wizard101 a boy symbol mixed with the girl symbol will show up. tell your friends that you have change to this wizard.
it would be on the same side as the gifting icon pops up

Defender
May 11, 2009
That is just creepy :?
And also, you friends would prob. delete you because they would be like, wait i dont know this person, bye bye click gone.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
bravevline wrote:

Wait, who said guys aren't supposed to have long hair? I didn't get that memo.
Lol, sorry. Correction: MY guy isn't suppose to have long hair xD

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
There is absolutely no reason to make this expansion. I can see if you accidentally made a mistake and made the wrong gender, but you need your head checked if you don't notice by time you are a high level and don't want to start over. Try again!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Explorer
May 22, 2009
Allow me to be the voice of truth; there is no way that KI would ever make this idea. It would sprout too much problems, and lets leave it at that. Thanks for being creative :-), but the idea is kind of creepy.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
why change genders to begin with the only things i might want to change is hair, skin color, face,and hair color but changing genders goes a bit too far dont you think

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Um, not quite a good idea for a family game . Why do you want to change genders? That's sick man....

Champion
Jun 16, 2009

yea i pretty much agree

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Champion
May 03, 2011
Um, not quite a good idea for a family game . Why do you want to change genders? That's sick man....

I don't understand why this idea is "sick," or not family-friendly. Lots of people have wizards of both genders--I don't, but that's just a personal preference. It's not a real gender change, folks--just a theatrical one. I probably wouldn't use this feature, but there have been many, many times I wished I could not be a female in this game for maybe an evening. Tired of getting hit on. Tired of guys asking if I'm "single." I don't play this game to find dates. Arrgh! I know guys don't have this problem, and sometimes I'm jealous of that. The original poster's suggestion is not a creepy idea--but it probably wouldn't be used much, I admit. I do wish, however, (off-topic a bit, sorry) that there were a way to let hormonally-overwrought, much younger guys know that I am a grown-up and only interested in the game--without having to get into a big thing about it. Like maybe another font color, or something, for parents or adults that aren't looking for romance... :?

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
How can I put it nicely about this idea without coming across as someone who's insensitive......not no, but heck no! That's just wrong on all sorts of levels.
This is a kids/family game across the world. It's not some person's political platform.

We play to get away from politics and life in general....ugh.

If you don't want to be a girl person...then start off as a boy.
If you don't want to be a boy person...then start off as a girl.

Changing the hair, fine...even the facial expression if you want to go that far, but leave everything else alone!

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I'm surprised KI even let this thread be posted. I'll tell you right now: not in a million years would KI make this idea happen. It's way too contraversial.

what exactly is so controversial about it?

con·tro·ver·sy noun
\ˈkän-trə-ˌvər-sē, British also kən-ˈträ-vər-sē\
plural con·tro·ver·sies

Definition of controversy
1: a discussion marked especially by the expression of opposing views : dispute

With just the first thing posted, it isn't controversial. And, guess what? Starbusts are controversial! What now?! o.0

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:

what exactly is so controversial about it?

con·tro·ver·sy noun
\ˈkän-trə-ˌvər-sē, British also kən-ˈträ-vər-sē\
plural con·tro·ver·sies

Definition of controversy
1: a discussion marked especially by the expression of opposing views : dispute

With just the first thing posted, it isn't controversial. And, guess what? Starbusts are controversial! What now?! o.0

What are you talking about? To cite your own definition: "A discussion marked especially by the expression of opposing views." I don't know about you, but I see a lot more nays than yays on this thread. You seriously need to stop.