Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morganthe's "Purple" Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
I was a bit confused when I saw the Celestia Commercial because I like seeing it a lot of times and then something got to my head wondering if Death Magic is black then why was her's purple, I wondering maybe it's purple because it's all the Celestian Magic mixed, (sun,moon,star) or is it because she is a female?

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
The reason Morganthe's magic is purple is simple. Read the Celestia storyline to find out. i'm sorry but IDK the Celestia storyline much execpt that Morganthe is evil.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Who said anything about her being Death? Malistaire was Death and I doubt they made Morganthe Death too.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
Who said anything about her being Death? Malistaire was Death and I doubt they made Morganthe Death too.

Actually, it's highly possible that Morganthe is a Necromancer. Her title is the Umbra Queen. 'Umbra', being the Latin word for 'shadow' or 'darkness'. She also commands dark magic, as she said herself in the Celestia commercial.

Also, when she disappears after speaking to you in the Portico (or the Chancel, I can't remember. >.o), she disappears like a Necromancer when they warp away, with the skulls.

Although I could be wrong, it IS quite possible that Morganthe is a Necromancer.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
In the chancel when she teleports away there is tiny death teleport marks around her. :P

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
The artist made it purple because black wouldn't show up against her black outfit. Purple is a bit more feminine color, and is commonly used in games to represent dark magic. Also can be connected with poison, and royalty (Umbra QUEEN). Search purple on wikipedia. Purple has a long, complex history, filled with many, many, many, many facts.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Superwiz1560 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:

Actually, it's highly possible that Morganthe is a Necromancer. Her title is the Umbra Queen. 'Umbra', being the Latin word for 'shadow' or 'darkness'. She also commands dark magic, as she said herself in the Celestia commercial.

Also, when she disappears after speaking to you in the Portico (or the Chancel, I can't remember. >.o), she disappears like a Necromancer when they warp away, with the skulls.

Although I could be wrong, it IS quite possible that Morganthe is a Necromancer.

That is true, but she also commands spiders. creepy

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
when do you even battle Morganthe the final boss is this fire person not her

Cody Darkhunter
lvl 60