Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mission: The Perfect Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Hi i am Isaiah Mythstone lvl 9 warlord i also have a lvl 60 life my mission is to get a Perfect pet I am trying to get a ice orthrus or what ever its called (the 2 headed ice dog) and get it these stats:Spritely,Spell Defying,Spell proof, and may tower shield or tower shield item card. If you have anything helpfull please help me get these stats i am saving a lot of money to do continous hatching at least 3 times a week so i can get these stats these would be great stats for me and i really hope i get them it would be great because i like to pvp and it would help A LOT. If you have a pet with may cast tower or something like that plz plz tell me but i am trying to get a pet with spritely at teen i love spritely and i need it at teen.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
northcarolina95 wrote:
Hi i am Isaiah Mythstone lvl 9 warlord i also have a lvl 60 life my mission is to get a Perfect pet I am trying to get a ice orthrus or what ever its called (the 2 headed ice dog) and get it these stats:Spritely,Spell Defying,Spell proof, and may tower shield or tower shield item card. If you have anything helpfull please help me get these stats i am saving a lot of money to do continous hatching at least 3 times a week so i can get these stats these would be great stats for me and i really hope i get them it would be great because i like to pvp and it would help A LOT. If you have a pet with may cast tower or something like that plz plz tell me but i am trying to get a pet with spritely at teen i love spritely and i need it at teen.

Don't think a two headed ICE dog even exists. Nor some of the stats. You can just get a Sea Dragon from the dragon hoard pack I got 2 on the first time. It has a high chance to get spritely at teen.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
Actaully all of those things do exist. I believe it is called an Ice Hound. Also the "maycast" tower shield is a rare talent and you will have to find someone who is serious about hatching for talents to get it most likely. I hope this clears up a few things.

OranStronghammer lvl60 Life
RonanGoldensword lvl60 Storm

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
i got a pet that gives may cast tower shield, and may cast sprite, but it gonna cost you.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
The Frost Hound is real, it is a two headed dog that is a mix of an Ice Colossus and an Orthrus. Your 'mission' is pratically impossible as to do this both parents must have all the talents you want to MAYBE get your 'perfect pet'. Also, the Ice Hound only has one head. Frost Hound has two. Ice hound one. Frost hound two.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Abbigail623 wrote:
northcarolina95 wrote:

Don't think a two headed ICE dog even exists. Nor some of the stats. You can just get a Sea Dragon from the dragon hoard pack I got 2 on the first time. It has a high chance to get spritely at teen.

it does exist. its called a frost hound and all of the talents exist too.

Andrew lvl 60 fire pvp rank:captain
Jacob shadowshade lvl 60 life pvp rank: warlord
Malorn ravenleaf lvl 5 fire pvp rank: warlord
another Jacob shadowshade ice lvl 19 pvp rank: captain
Duncan ashspear balance lvl 12 pvp rank: warlord
Fred earthhammer death lvl 1 pvp rank: knight

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
Its called an Ice Hound some are two headed and the other is one headed. It is this like Jade Hound and the one that is only a one headed not a two headed verison of that one.

From Your Friend,
Kristen Bluegarden
Level 60 Life

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Abbigail623 wrote:
northcarolina95 wrote:

Actually, I saw 2 Two- Headed Ice dogs today, so they do exist. Plus, all those stats do.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
northcarolina95 wrote:
i'm sry, but the pet you want doesn't exist anymore. it was called a frost hound, but KI took it out and replaced it with an ice hound. still, i like the ice hound better since it gives an ice hound card

-Blaze Duskstone legendary conjurer

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
Abbigail623 wrote:
northcarolina95 wrote:

There isn't a two headed ice but there is myth an orthrus at leat I think not a ice

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Not sure on the pet but i assume there is an ice version of orthorus.

as far as the abilities go that is just pedigree/stats to geta pet with more higher abilities my original Judge(64) had 2 epics possibilities. My New Judge(70) has 4 epics and rest Rare or ultra rare in talent column.

To get 4 abilities you want out of the 10 there look them up to see what stats will help increase the chance to get the ability you want.

Example i always want my pet to have Spritely (rare) so to increase my chance i train agility the most. all other traits have a main that effects the likelyhood of your your pet learning it.

Thank you hope this helps.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
That is: gives Spritely, Spell Proof, and Spell Defy--just to name the top 3. It greatly creates an imbalance in PvP especially. How are these pets achieved?

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Lots and lots and lots of hatching. I have one pet so far that has Proof, Defy, Sprite, and Fairy. (The last spot is still unknown, but fingers crossed it will be Unicorn (both parents had it)). I was in the commons and a low level wizard asked for help with Malistare so I volunteered and she hatched her pet with me as a thank-you, turns out that was her third character. I got super lucky and my pet developed Fairy, and after that I had no problems getting a hatch and just kept hatching. The pet I currently use is the sixth generation. Lots of gold and lots of hatching. If I get a talent I don't want I stop training and try again.

Calamity PixieShade
Myth, level 89 (hopefully 90 tonight ;-))

People "donate" hatches all the time you just need one to get started. Ignore those greedy people who require gifted packs to hatch. Best Wishes!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Hatching with other pets with these talents and lots of training, hatching and fails.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Each person has their own idea to what a 'perfect pet' is. Some want all May Casts (sprite, fairy, school blade, pierce, shield, etc). Some want damage boosts, or resistance, etc.

My idea of a perfect pet is: Sprite, Fairy, Pain Giver, Defy, Proof

All of my wizards have one pet with these talents. I also have several other pets on my wizards that have slightly different talents, as I might switch between pets, depending on mobs, bosses, PvP, etc.

It takes a lot of hatching with friends, yourself, and others in the game to get what you want.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
A lot of pvp clans have custom hatcheries to get SPUD pets into the hands of members that need them.

Usually you are starting with a crown pet that already has one or more of these in its genome, so there's real money involved from the start. If you come up to them with your myth sprite and ask to hatch they will ignore you.

Was in the bazaar last night and saw a first age PVP commander standing next to me with a SPUD perfect 5/10 rain beetle and I just wanted to go curl up in a corner and cry out of envy. I've blown through at least a million gold in hatches just to get a fish with spritely and long since given up on storm shot.

That said i'm not farming bosses for money drops or doing mirror lake eleventy times a day.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
nlhf1995 on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
That is: gives Spritely, Spell Proof, and Spell Defy--just to name the top 3. It greatly creates an imbalance in PvP especially. How are these pets achieved?
Many, many hatches.
I recently got a hatched Sea Dragon with mc Unicorn and Fairy in its talents,
but its only manifested Spell-Proof and Sharp-Shot so far.
I am hoping it gets mc fairy first.
Good luck with hatching!
Valkoor GoldSong lvl 82 myth

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
CrazyZombie11440 on May 2, 2013 wrote:
Many, many hatches.
I recently got a hatched Sea Dragon with mc Unicorn and Fairy in its talents,
but its only manifested Spell-Proof and Sharp-Shot so far.
I am hoping it gets mc fairy first.
Good luck with hatching!
Valkoor GoldSong lvl 82 myth
:D I got a Deer Knight with Spell Proof and Pain Giver! it got an epic derby talent too! :D :D :D
I hoping for the best, good luck with your pet!

Valkoor GoldSong lvl 83

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
nlhf1995 on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
If you have a chance to hatch with pets like, smith, scorpion, and toaddle ( have all of them ) emberstone tiger, and chameleon, they all usually have may cast astral school stuff at teen, and if you want spritely, hatch with night hawk, fierce hound, or giraffe, they all usually have spritely at teen, hope this helps! Good luck on hatching!

Valerian Hammer

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
hatch then train then train then train then train then hatch then train then train..... you get the point!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
If you have or want to have the perfect pet what talents would you want or do have and what pet do you have or want??? My perfect pet would be a Blaze Beast with Spell Proof, Spell Defying, Fire Dealer, Fire Giver, and Fairy Friend. Even though hatching the perfect pet might take a hundred times, one can only hope for the best and dream right? So far I've had a lot of failed hatched an currently using a Storm Hound with the 2 universal resist talents and a Polar Cat with Unicorn, Sprite, Health Gift, and Pierce.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
northcarolina95 on Aug 2, 2011 wrote:
I will hatch with you!

I don't have the ice hound, but I do have a pet with the requested talents.

I have an eyebendito with proof, sprite, fairy, defy, and may cast tower shield.

Just let me know when you would like to hatch, my schedule is pretty flexible but afternoons or evenings work best (CST) Please include date, time (include time zone), place and realm as well as the wizard name I will be meeting to hatch with. Please make sure you have enough gold to hatch most hatches with this pet depending on what you use are around 40,000 gold.

Also make sure you pick a time more than 24 hours from your reply to insure the message gets approved and I have a chance to see it.

Hope to see you in game!

Calamity PixieShade, level 100

Survivor
Dec 23, 2013
Whenever I see someone in the hatchery with a perfect Deer Knight pet with MC Tower Shield and MC Berserk, as well as proof defy and pain giver I wonder exactly how many items that player has sold at the bazaar to be able to hatch that much

Anyway, my Exalted Storm has a deep leviathan pet with MC Sprite and MC Tower, but also storm shot and storm giver. If I agreed to hatch, those might get bred into your current pet and you'd have to do more hatches

Wolf Stormbringer, Level 100 , One In A Million
Wolf Wildblood, Level 48 , Master Of Nature
Blaze Fireshade, Level 78 , Hero Of Avalon

Good luck with your hatching and i hope you get your perfect pet!

Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
northcarolina95 on Aug 2, 2011 wrote:
I have a Graveyard Gnome with 7% damage, can give a tower shield card, gives an Irate Gnome , a snow owl that can may cast tower shield and gives 35 mana, and a Crop Watcher with sprite {is adult}.

Andrew
Dragon Blood Lv 32
Soul Thief Lv 29{almost 30}
Thunder Eyes Lv 32
{Main Character/Wizard} BattleBlade Lv36
and finally Giant Haven Lv 20 .