Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Utter frustration

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2011
Hi all,

I am not here to get this off my chest because otherwise I will be banned from this forum, but I am at the point where the enemy is ridiculously hard alone and finding friends is like a needle in a haystack. This is almost leading me to the point of quitting Wizard101 for good. To change this, I must try and make a balanced Balance deck (as I am balance but i also have life and storm) that will help me handle these new terrors in Celestia (especially the relentless Crustacean Waverunner). I see lots of other players have particularly good decks and good equipment but the best I could find for Balance is in the Wintertusk area.

How do you guys get even decks? What do you think I need to improve?

This would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers

Merc

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
mercuraz wrote:

How do you guys get even decks? What do you think I need to improve?

This would be muchly appreciated.

Balance is one of the tougher schools to manage with in CL I think and I have played all but Death school. The best strategy is to find someone to quest with or at least people to help with the MOB collection quests.
If you have to go it alone then decide whether to use Judement and take them down one at a time or use Nova/Sandstorm.
Keep your deck small and load blades, traps, attack cards and some healing cards. Shields may or may not be helpful depending on what school you are fighting.
Good gear is helpful, but I used my GM gear (Malistare Robe, level 50 boots & hat) until I got to level 58 in CL; and at level 55 I got the telescope wand. Level 56 is a good chance to upgrade your ring and athame. Critical is helpful but you can't depend on it so don't sacrafice other abilities to get it.
2 things you want will be extra damage cards or sun spells, and some treasure card Dragonblade/Balance blades.
Your battles usually stretch past 4 or 5 turns since it is hard to kill in one shot, so you may have to use healing and some shields between attacks.
CL is initially tough for everyone but gets easier as you move along. Once you reach level 60, stop and farm Waterworks for your Legendary gear.

I got frustrated with Myth, Life and Balance while in CL and I would take a break and play another wizard for awhile and then come back awhile later to plug along until I got better gear.

The waverunners are tough for almost everyone (who hasn't power leveled)except Fire wizards so don't let them get you down.
If you have any more specific questions I be happy to share my opinion.

Good luck and hang in there.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2011
Hi

Thanks for your response :). I managed to get some wizards to help me so it made some battles easier. I knew Celestia would be tough but didnt know how tough.

I am level 54 and have found my 60-card deck to be reasonably balanced, mainly with blades, traps, shields etc . I have recently got some Sun spells to put in my deck and they really helped against some foes. There is also the luck of having to go first with each battle, as well as the luck of blocking an incoming critical hit (mine is 32% for everything except 64% balance). I do not have any other wizards other than this one (I am just a university student so I paid for this myself).

To be more specific, how many healing cards should I have in my deck? I currently have 5 Satyrs and a few Helping Hands and they generally come up often. As for shields, I have both spirit and elemental but I almost always use elemental. Life Death and Myth dont seem to come up a lot so I might drop those and add something, like Sandstorm.

I will just have to be patient and keep trying :P. Thanks!

Merc :)

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
mercuraz wrote:
To be more specific, how many healing cards should I have in my deck? I currently have 5 Satyrs and a few Helping Hands and they generally come up often. As for shields, I have both spirit and elemental but I almost always use elemental.

Stacking a deck is an art that takes time and experimentation. There are dozens of variations and eventually you will settle on a strategy that fits your personality and play style.

I like small decks with just the spells I expect to use for the battle I am in and I primarily stick with balance spells only.
For MOB battles I usually carry like 5 Gargantuan, 5 blades, 3 hex, 2 amplify, 3 Nova, 1 sandstorm (and 2 Judgement just in case). I also have another blade/hex from my necklace and load 2 Dragonblade and 2 balance blade treasure cards.
I load the windstorm blade and shields only if I am in a group.

For boss battles I may add a few balance heal cards, shields for the boss's school, feint, and maybe mander or weakness .
For balance enemies I may use Spectral Blast or my second school death (vampire + gargantuan, spirit blade, feint and my balance boosts).

I am not a big fan of using Satyr (except maybe vs. cheating bosses) because they cost too many pips. Helping Hands/Availing seem to be fine for balance. But then I know some players like having life as a second school. My philosophy is that I usually only heal if I think I am going to die; never just because I have taking some damage.