Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rank X spells

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
All rank X spells are to overpowered. Judgement, heckhound, and tempest damage you to much, myth and death's X pip minion are to powerful, dryad heals you to much, and frozen armor and ice armor are to protective. Supercharge gives you to much attack power. All rank X spells should be replaced.

Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
I just think you complain too much.

Flint Shadowthief Legendary Myth
Flint Shadowthief Magus Life

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
colagada wrote:
This is a PvP issue and belongs in that forum.
not once did the op mention pvp in his thread.. Try not to jump to conclusions.

On topic: No, I think with the difficulty of new worlds these spells are functional
and necessary in game.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Everyone of your posts are just like a sentence that says something is overpowered why is it overpowered? I mean look at how many posts are well designed to show that frozen and ice armor aren't that great. All X spells are fair. The only complaint about X rank spells i have agreed with is that myth doesn't have one and should have one.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Defender
Aug 03, 2009
In order to get them to this "overpowered" state, it requires 7 turns to get the most out of these spells, and during those 7 turns, that player is vulnerable to attack.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Everyone of your posts are just like a sentence that says something is overpowered why is it overpowered? I mean look at how many posts are well designed to show that frozen and ice armor aren't that great. All X spells are fair. The only complaint about X rank spells i have agreed with is that myth doesn't have one and should have one.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I don't care how much you complain, but have some logical reasoning behind it! It's like saying the sky is red, when the general concensus agrees that it's blue, and when we ask you why you think it's red you just say, "It just is." Do you have any idea how frustrating that is? Also it's 'too'. T-O-O. If you're gonna say something is "to overpowered" for no reason, could you at least use the right 'too'?! This is 1st grade for crying out loud! I know there's the possibility that you're foreign, and I don't care! It really isn't that hard to memorize!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
colagada wrote:
Where did I mention PvP?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
bravevline wrote:
colagada wrote:
Where did I mention PvP?

He probably just assumed that, since that is basically what almost 90% of the posts in that section are.......complaints.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
funny how people who never learn how to use their spells become over powered by some one else in a PvP scream cry and complain how too powerful some one else's spell is. that is untill they get one like it and figure out how to use it then they become bullies with it can fail to recognized all the spells are powerful in their own way.

the trick is have you learned how to use the spells to the best of it advantage.
are you willing to get a little to get humongous results.

if you cant take a little lose of life in order to create a huge damage spell then i think you need to study remedial spell casting 099.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
bravevline wrote:
colagada wrote:
Where did I mention PvP?

The context of your original post implies that you are referring to PVP because of the nature of your complaint. Why does it matter how powerful the spells are unless you are referring to how they are used against you in a PVP battle?
I made the same assumption as Colagada but I just didn't bother replying earlier.

What difference does it make how powerful a death or myth minion is unless it is in the context of an opponent using it against you in the arena? I mean really - are you going to tell us that you are worried about Myth wizards using Talos while they quest in CL or you are distraught about Death wizards summoning a death minion to battle a boss in WT?

How does the complaint even make sense when placed in the context of questing? Judgement is too powerful, really? and just how does that affect you in a negative way while YOU are questing?
Obviously you don't have a balance wizard then because Judgement is the only powerful spell a balance wizard has. Believe me, balance wizards need Judgement to quest.

IMO, The original post is a PVP complaint and does belong in the PVP forum graveyard... For you to respond and feint surprise that Colagada was "jumping to conclusions" is ridiculous.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
hp1055cm wrote:
bravevline wrote:
colagada wrote:
Where did I mention PvP?

The context of your original post implies that you are referring to PVP because of the nature of your complaint. Why does it matter how powerful the spells are unless you are referring to how they are used against you in a PVP battle?
I made the same assumption as Colagada but I just didn't bother replying earlier.

What difference does it make how powerful a death or myth minion is unless it is in the context of an opponent using it against you in the arena? I mean really - are you going to tell us that you are worried about Myth wizards using Talos while they quest in CL or you are distraught about Death wizards summoning a death minion to battle a boss in WT?

How does the complaint even make sense when placed in the context of questing? Judgement is too powerful, really? and just how does that affect you in a negative way while YOU are questing?
Obviously you don't have a balance wizard then because Judgement is the only powerful spell a balance wizard has. Believe me, balance wizards need Judgement to quest.

IMO, The original post is a PVP complaint and does belong in the PVP forum graveyard... For you to respond and feint surprise that Colagada was "jumping to conclusions" is ridiculous.
Because I am an unreasonable perosn like that thank you.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
bravevline wrote:
All rank X spells are to overpowered. Judgement, heckhound, and tempest damage you to much, myth and death's X pip minion are to powerful, dryad heals you to much, and frozen armor and ice armor are to protective. Supercharge gives you to much attack power. All rank X spells should be replaced.

Nonsense.

Sounds to me like you just don't know how to shield against someone that's building enough pips to use a rank X spell against you, or prevent them from getting that many pips. You can't possibly be upset against the non pvp enemies using them - because they will cast those with only one pip.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
travisAk wrote:
colagada wrote:
not once did the op mention pvp in his thread.. Try not to jump to conclusions.

read the opening post again. The complaint can't be about players using the X rank spells on computer enemies. That would make no sense. who wants their spells NOT to be over powered against computer enemies?

And it can't be about computer enemies using rank X spells on players, because computer enemies will cast them as soon as they get them, and that usually means they cast at one pip.

The only thing that makes sense is if the original poster is talking about players using those spells on other players. That's PVP.

Also, supercharge is mentioned as also being a problem with over powered spells and supercharge isn't something any of the computer enemies even get. Again, the only thing that makes sense is if this is PVP issue.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
I could never give up Animate (death minion spell). And the other spells are not over-powered.

Zachary Soulwraith level 60 necromancer

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
hp1055cm wrote:
bravevline wrote:
colagada wrote:
Where did I mention PvP?

Ok. You and I need to get something straight here. This is NOT a PvP complaint, k?