Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Shield Quest Glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
This is the second time this has happened to me, and I'm really getting frustrated.
Yesterday, I had gotten past the first two rooms, and in the room after the one with the health wisps, I died. After I had healed in the Basilica, I teleported back, and proceeded to reenter.
I ran through the first room with no problem, and as I was running through the second room to get back up to where I was, I was sucked into a battle, with nothing. The big circle thing on the floor was there, and I was in the "ready" position, but there were no monsters on the other side. I didn't have the option to cast any spells, or flee. I had full access to my spellbook, but when I tried to switch realms it said I couldn't do that in this location. I even asked my mom to get online so I could try teleporting to her, but it didn't let me. There wasn't even an error message, just nothing happened. The Basilica and House buttons were blacked out as well.
Now, this morning, I decided to retry it. I got past the first 2 rooms and the wisp room, and even the room I had died in previously. After I won in the fourth room, I didn't want to waste a potion, as I was only 200 health down. I wondered if it would let me run back a room and heal there. After it gave me the message saying "If you leave the Dungeon you will lose all progress blah blah blah" I clicked "No" and ran towards the other door, only to be sucked into another glitched battle just like before.

Summary-
2 times I have been sucked into a battle with no monsters, and no way of fleeing, switching realms, teleporting to a friend, teleporting to either the Basilica or my house, and have had no choice but to restart the dungeon.

I'm really getting tired of having to restart this dungeon, so can anybody tell me if there is a way to prevent this from happening, or if anyone else has had this trouble as well?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
dolphin66297 wrote:
This is the second time this has happened to me, and I'm really getting frustrated.
Yesterday, I had gotten past the first two rooms, and in the room after the one with the health wisps, I died. After I had healed in the Basilica, I teleported back, and proceeded to reenter.
I ran through the first room with no problem, and as I was running through the second room to get back up to where I was, I was sucked into a battle, with nothing. The big circle thing on the floor was there, and I was in the "ready" position, but there were no monsters on the other side. I didn't have the option to cast any spells, or flee. I had full access to my spellbook, but when I tried to switch realms it said I couldn't do that in this location. I even asked my mom to get online so I could try teleporting to her, but it didn't let me. There wasn't even an error message, just nothing happened. The Basilica and House buttons were blacked out as well.
Now, this morning, I decided to retry it. I got past the first 2 rooms and the wisp room, and even the room I had died in previously. After I won in the fourth room, I didn't want to waste a potion, as I was only 200 health down. I wondered if it would let me run back a room and heal there. After it gave me the message saying "If you leave the Dungeon you will lose all progress blah blah blah" I clicked "No" and ran towards the other door, only to be sucked into another glitched battle just like before.

Summary-
2 times I have been sucked into a battle with no monsters, and no way of fleeing, switching realms, teleporting to a friend, teleporting to either the Basilica or my house, and have had no choice but to restart the dungeon.

I'm really getting tired of having to restart this dungeon, so can anybody tell me if there is a way to prevent this from happening, or if anyone else has had this trouble as well?

I had the same problem. I tried it two times, and kept getting sucked into a battle, but nothing was there, and I was frozen.

I sent an e-mail to Support and explained the problem, and I attached the DxDiag report and the Wizard Client log file too.

I waited a few days and tried it again, and had the same problem. I sent a follow-up e-mail to Support, and they came back and said "they advanced my character" and I could move forward now.

Not sure what the problem was, but evidently it isn't fixed, because it happened to you too. I would suggest you send an e-mail to Support@wizard101.com

Hope this helps. :?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
What is the name of the spell you're trying to get? You can get Fire Shield from Sabrina Greenstar at the Fairegrounds.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
colagada wrote:
What is the name of the spell you're trying to get? You can get Fire Shield from Sabrina Greenstar at the Fairegrounds.

Thank you Colagada, but it isn't the spell we are going after.

"Fire Shield" is the name of the quest. It is the quest you get to go into the Pyromancer's Tomb in The Necropolis.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I'm not trying to get a spell, Fire Shield is the name of the quest...

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
dolphin66297 wrote:
I'm not trying to get a spell, Fire Shield is the name of the quest...

Just an update...

I got this quest again on another one of my wizards, ("Fire Shield" -- get the medallion in the Pyromancer's Tomb), and I ran into the same problem.

When I finished level two in the dungeon, and walked toward the doorway to go to the next level, the game pulled me back into the dueling circle in level two. But there was no one to fight, and I couldn't do "anything" at all.

I ended up pressing "escape" and "quit" to get out of the game.

I did send another e-mail to Support@Wizard101.com along with a DxDiag report and a Wizard Client Log file too.

Just waiting to hear from them on this problem. :(