Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Response to supposed problems.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2009
Mnay many people post on the pvp forum because they are concerned about supposed problems.

1 lower level players being matched up against low rank legendary's

2 talos dominating lower level pvp

3 lower levels being teamed up with legendary's

4 unsportsman conduct in pvp

5 schools are under or overpowered

i have seen many of these problems and i want to know what the players think about them please post of your experinces and how do you think this can be stopped. Kingsile must have had millions of these emails and posts about these topics and it's up to us to fix these problems there's only so much kingsile can do if you have any suggestions on how to help this post this along with some strategies you use to beat legendary's and overcome the problem

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
joey987123 wrote:
Mnay many people post on the pvp forum because they are concerned about supposed problems.

1 lower level players being matched up against low rank legendary's

This is a big issue for many people I know right now. I believe the problem lies in the point distribution system, the amount of points gained per fight is causing low levels to fly up in rank too fast in a way that is unnatural. I believe win and loss points should be trimmed down so people would continue to fight others closer to their level range for a longer time better corresponding to arena gear upgrades. Alternatively an adjustment could be made to the matching system to recognize level and rank as being more of a factor in match selection, rather than the quick averaging of two extremes like I stated in another post (60 vs 10 in under forty seconds)

joey987123 wrote:
2 talos dominating lower level pvp
This is becoming a trait of low level pvp, and I agree to some extent. Although Talos can be countered with the right set up there is no reason a minion should have more health than the caster. I would have no problem with a level cap but another idea is to have KI decrease the amount of Talos treasure drops, that could fix the problem quietly lol.

joey987123 wrote:
3 lower levels being teamed up with legendary's

This happens quite a bit actually in 2vs2 and creates an exploit in the matching system. A good fix for this would be allowing players to only team up with people 15 levels above or below their level, the only people that would have a problem with this are the ones abusing the system. Again the root cause ianthe matching system.

joey987123 wrote:
4 unsportsman conduct in pvp
disable pvp enemy chat... Easy

joey987123 wrote:
i have seen many of these problems and i want to know what the players think about them please post of your experinces and how do you think this can be stopped. Kingsile must have had millions of these emails and posts about these topics and it's up to us to fix these problems there's only so much kingsile can do if you have any suggestions on how to help this post this along with some strategies you use to beat legendary's and overcome the problem
there is no strategy for a low level player(15-) to beat a legendary with critical, critical block on arena gear is what was proposed to give magus players a feeling of balance but below that pvp is broken at high level. Ty for your post, hopefully we can proceed and discuss these issues in a respectful calm manner. I think you nailed all the (real) issues in pvp that require attention IMO

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
My balance was at Knight until I was paired with legendaries. They start with 4 pips in the beginning while I start with 3. (I'm level 42) They just need to blade themselves and then next round, BOOM! I'm dead. They can critical, high percentage of power pips. I don't stand a chance. Now I am back to Private cuz I keep getting paired with legends. plz fix the problem!

Defender
May 24, 2009
thanks for these responses but on my fourth problem there's more than your opponent doing it there's always you opponents friends and random people calling people names like a person who was my opponents friend called me a hobo and another person insulted my intelligence in a way that's not appropiate for this or any kids game or even games for more older players.the only way to moderate that is to turn of your chat so i think you should be able to moderate your chat so you can only hear your friends and group if you want to it would be a option in your spell book under hidden to friends

lower levels being teamed with legendary's i think they should make a private option for that so they can only face a group matching those levels so say that there was a legend and a magus you would be matched with a legend and a magus or higher adept[lvl 28 or above] or lower master under 42 or equal to that level.

and like other people say put options to pvp where you can turn of treasure cards and only be paired up with other people really close or at your level you could choose to be paired up by rank or level if paired up by rank that's your own choice if you are a lower level you could very well be paired up with higher levels. i dont know how hard it would be to do this but i'll look into it.

Please consider this during your next update. It's worth doing and more people will be buying subscriptions and crowns for pvp.

Edited by Professor Greyrose: joey987123 please use the formatting options at the top of a post entry and do not post in all caps.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Maybe to stop all these emails we could post benefits with these spells? Just an idea

Caroline Sunbright legendary theurgist
Emily Spiritriver legendary necromancer
Nicole Jadesword legendary sorcerer
Brittany Rainriver legendary diviner
& 8 other wizzies