Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I am very Aggrivated now!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
I spent 60 dollars last week and then again 60 dollars this week all on dragon packs cause i wanted the skull dragon mount and still didn't get it. I am 1% away from Quiting in general. I think its unbelieveable that most of my friends on this game got it there first try or a few tries but i spend 120 dollars and still dont get it. Can you looked at my account and see if maybe somethings wrong or maybe you put the chances way to high.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
its random. not high or low chances and besides, you may be unlucky in the packs but you may be lucky in other things like winning pets or furniture. i am horrible in winning statues and wands but i always win pets. so you might be really good in getting something else :-o

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
The chances are completely random. Some people might get it on their first attempt, while others it could take 20 attempts. I'm sorry to hear you are so frustrated as it is understandable. I can only hope you get it on your next attempt. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck.

Jasmine Stareyes

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
The chances you will get one of them mounts are random. I got mine around the 9th go i think.
I think you should of stopped by $60, as you're throwing money away on a game that could be spend for other things.
As said, many people can never seem to get it as they have bad luck. But maybe you're good in getting something else like statues

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
i have spent a fair amount of crowns on it but only like 5$ i am sorry but if you can afford 120$ to spend on dragons hoard then just buy a normal mount like the shark or the fairy wings for only 20$ or so it will be just as fast and be cheaper. :|

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
The thing is i should of got it i used 120 dollars and im getting very aggrivated i think my account is glitched or something i did over 300 packs please look into this! Or i might as well quit since i could make a car payment for this ammount of cash....

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
colagada wrote:
So not getting it on the first $60 didn't give you a clue?

Yeah I agree. Its just a mount and it isnt really that cool its wing span is huge and it takes up so much space I'm happy without one and you should be too just get a better mount with those crowns like the Rams those stuff rock!

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
xBalanceMagicx wrote:
Or i might as well quit since i could make a car payment for this ammount of cash....

xD an excellent point about this pack!

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
xBalanceMagicx wrote:
I spent 60 dollars last week and then again 60 dollars this week all on dragon packs cause i wanted the skull dragon mount and still didn't get it. I am 1% away from Quiting in general. I think its unbelieveable that most of my friends on this game got it there first try or a few tries but i spend 120 dollars and still dont get it. Can you looked at my account and see if maybe somethings wrong or maybe you put the chances way to high.

The dragon hoard pack is like a mini gambeling game, you spent your money at your own risk it's like wanting to roll a 6 on a dice.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
colagada wrote:
So not getting it on the first $60 didn't give you a clue?

Well said!

You really spent $120 for pixels on screen??!! The Bone Dragon doesn't do anything more or better than a basic broom. If you want a mount get one with in game gold. I suggest you quit trying. Spend that money on something real that benefits you in real life. It is indeed a car payment.

I don't how old you are (I don't want to know either.). But, please consider taking a class on money management. To spend that much money for pixels is rather alarming.

Megan-who is setting aside her Mom hat and lecture

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I bought the $60 crown sale to unlock Wintertusk on my Crowns account and spent the leftovers on the egg pet, rock pet, and sandman pet for my son and the rest on dragon hoard packs. I did eventually get the bone dragon, but I think I was in for about 75 packs in at that point. I did however also end up with 4 dragon wing mounts (perm), 2 swords, 3 sea dragon pets, 3 regular dragons, 2 vigilant dragons, 3 utility dragons, countless pieces of gear, some mega snacks, and a hoard of other things I either used or sold. So while I probably spent $30-$40 on them, it was money I had already spent, I didn't buy crowns just for the packs, and I got WAY more than my crowns worth of other stuff. I was honestly thrilled with all the stuff I got before I got the bone drake. I hope KI makes more packs like these. Maybe a fairy themed pack, a unicorn themed pack, a general pet themed pack....... wanders off, dreaming......

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
ya thats horrible to spend that much and not get it no one has any place telling you how to spend your money but you probably shouldn't use it on the pack just because the ratio must be horrible to have taken that much and not have gotten it ki please fix this you should be garueenteed something good at least every time you open that pack. and the ratio to get dragon needs fixing people were getting it more often before you changed the ratio i think too.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
DietyOfWind wrote:
ya thats horrible to spend that much and not get it no one has any place telling you how to spend your money but you probably shouldn't use it on the pack just because the ratio must be horrible to have taken that much and not have gotten it ki please fix this you should be garueenteed something good at least every time you open that pack. and the ratio to get dragon needs fixing people were getting it more often before you changed the ratio i think too.

I beg to differ. Nobody told the OP how to spend their money. They decided to burn through $120 on an ULTRA RARE item. As Cologada said "So not getting it on the first $60 didn't give you a clue?" We are suggesting what to do now the deed has been done. Don't spend more on the packs.

As for your suggestion-The drop rate is fine. The Dragon mount is labeled Ultra Rare. That alone should tell one it is hard to get. I got "something good" in each and every pack. "Something good" is in the eye of the person receiving the items. KI said we get 7 cards and we do. They have done exactly what they said they would do. The fact the buyer doesn't like what they receive is not KI's problem.

Megan

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
You seem to be running high on emotion rather than logic to make your decisions on two unrelated issues. First you want the bone dragon mount, so you kept buying dragon hoard packs gambling that you would get it, to the point of spending by your own account $120. Second you make the leap to quit the game if you don't get it, how is either having or not having a random item that is pure chance to obtain via a dragon hoard pack gamble keeping or not keeping you in the Spiral. If you are so fickle about your reason for staying, the Spiral may be better off without you. Also you are comparing apples to oranges, gambling losses vs. a car payment one is entertainment and the other is transportation, want vs. need.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
I spent 49 dollars on a subscription. I don't want to waste any more on dragons hoard packs! Anyway it costs as little as about 10$ to by a membership and go on the test realm! Then you just get 10000 crowns instantly. I bought a Jade Oni, A Ithiane Spectre, a Dragons Fjord and countless booster packs. I got 3 viligant dragons, 2 dragons wings and a huge amount of housing items. Did I quit? No. I just kept gaming. It's a gamble. You might buy 1 and get an aqua dragon, the dragonriders set and a bone drake. Or you might pay 120$ and get loads of housing items. Like Prospecter Zeke says " To get the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts". And buying millions of Dragons Hoard packs is a shortcut. You just complete quests or defeat monsters too easily to get a good gaming experience. So enjoy the game and don't get annoyed by Ultra Rare drops not coming!
Christopher Unicornmask Level 28 Thaumagtre.