Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myths

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 20, 2009
I've noticed in the game many things are based of Myths. I like this because it gives the game a foundation to work on. Here are just some myth that I know they should use in the storyline or other quests.

Yggdrasil: I think Bartleby is based of the Yggdrasil. Yggdrasil, in myth, is called the World Tree. It's roots spread far over many realms. Nine worlds are said to spiral around it. The Yggdrasil is said to be the prison of Nidhogg, the terrible demon dragon.

Nidhogg: Nidhogg is a demonic dragon type beast who is also called the Devourer of Corpses. Nidhogg was a sinister beast who was sealed under the roots of the Yggdrasil to keep it's horror away from the world. It constantly gnaws on the root to escape.

Disir: The Disir or Valkyries, were a clan of female warriors who lived near the beginning of time. The Disir had great skills in surviving during the Time of Ice.

Nicholas Flamel: For HP (Harry Potter) Fans you all know Nicholas Flamel! Nicholas Flamel was born in 1330 in the midst of Paris. In real life he died in 1418. But, in myth his tomb in empty. He has kept himself and his wife alive with the Elixir of Life created from The Book of Abraham the Mage. Nicholas had also used the Philosopher's Stone to turn ordinary metal into gold, and useless coal into diamonds and gems.

Perenelle Flamel: Perenelle Flamel (not mentioned in Harry Potter) is Nicholas' wife. Perenelle had died in 1412 a little before the death of Nicholas.

Scathach: Scathach inn Irish Myths is a female warrior who's strength surpasses all others. Scathach is extremely strong and had helped the human race in the early ages.

I hope you learned something new! Please comment if you have any myths you'd like to share!

Adherent
May 20, 2010