Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weakness and Black Mantle

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I don't get why all monsters get access to these spells. They're Balance spells, so shouldn't they only be used by Balance monsters? I know why monsters are allowed to use attacks that aren't in their school, but why do they get to use utility spells that aren't in their school as well? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I don't get why all monsters get access to these spells. They're Balance spells, so shouldn't they only be used by Balance monsters? I know why monsters are allowed to use attacks that aren't in their school, but why do they get to use utility spells that aren't in their school as well? It just doesn't make sense to me.

All those monsters used their training points on those spells.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
This does get pretty annoying, but the good news is, after Dragonspyre, you only have to worry about Balance foes with these, and even they don't use them a whole lot (mostly you see the triple shields). In Celestia and Wintertusk, the enemies kindly stick to their own school for spells.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
This does get pretty annoying, but the good news is, after Dragonspyre, you only have to worry about Balance foes with these, and even they don't use them a whole lot (mostly you see the triple shields). In Celestia and Wintertusk, the enemies kindly stick to their own school for spells.

I realize that, but for the first four worlds in the Spiral, I have to deal with this foolery. It just seems unfair and unclear.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Every enemy has one or two spells out of their school of focus. You can read about this in my posts called "Splithoof Rager Rank 4 Elite MYTH!?!" and "Life Bonekeeper?" or something like that.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
eggywig wrote:
Every enemy has one or two spells out of their school of focus. You can read about this in my posts called "Splithoof Rager Rank 4 Elite MYTH!?!" and "Life Bonekeeper?" or something like that.

Yes, but that's because they need the attacks. If every monster used spells exclusive to their school, all monsters would turn into Celestians.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
eggywig wrote:

Yes, but that's because they need the attacks. If every monster used spells exclusive to their school, all monsters would turn into Celestians.

But the sharks wouldn't be able to breath in MooShu!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
eggywig wrote:
But the sharks wouldn't be able to breath in MooShu!

Uh...I meant their fighting style would be exactly like Celestians. They use attacks that are of their school, or have been tailored for their school.