Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks is to hard.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I think the waterworks dungeon is much to difficult. These mobs will defeat you with critical hits and mobs should not have access to critical hits.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
bravevline wrote:
I think the waterworks dungeon is much to difficult. These mobs will defeat you with critical hits and mobs should not have access to critical hits.
Stop complaing and go in a group!Its not like you can do this solo(but if you did that would be awesome)!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
bravevline wrote:

Waterworks is designed to be the hardest dungeon in the game. Critical is a part of what makes it difficult.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

The WaterWorks was designed to be something that most likely cannot be solo'd, you need a good strategy, a good team, and that's the only way to succeed, finish off those MOB's with AOE spells from at least everyone in your team, and then Luska and Sylster (And his 2 buddies) are long, but easy, as long as you know what you're doing! Good Luck! The Level 60 gear is worth it, and they drop Mastery Amulets too, took me 15 tries, to get the Whole Legendary set, and a life mastery amulet! Well, good luck! :D

-Mason D.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
When you go with some people who've done the dungeon before, it's quite easy actually. i haven't been defeated as much as i feared i would, but when i do, i flee, get health, then enter alone into the WW again so i don't have to start over.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
this is kinda long but it only 1 of the many strategy you can use in the water works..
if you think it is difficult then maybe trying at a later day when your about 50 levels up will help
i begin...
if you have problems in water works then look at it this way.

this is like you final final exam....

if you have learned your spells
if you have learned how to use your spells
if you have learned how to buff your spell
if you have learned how to buff your self
if you have learned how to stack your spells
if you have learned how to combo your spells

then you should have no problem when you go in.
and unlike other battle and boss battles
the third position no longer is the safe spot.

water works is not meant to be soloed
it is a team dungeon.

if you have learned all of the above
and have at least 2 other people you should breeze thru it.

oh yea being a PvP champ isnt gonn help you much here.

you have to work in concert with other player
and plan a strategy to play .

Ie… life in first balance in second fire in third and death in fourth.
astral cards gargantuan and vengeance both regular and treasure.
are the buffs

you will need prisms well as traps and blades.

life stocks up on healing keeping self balance and fire alive. forest lord must be in deck

balance assist in the blades and buff Ra

death you need curse trap and blades and scarecrow vampire and bone dragon
death can heal self with these spell and kill as well

Fire your plan is buffing your sunbird and powerlink as well as Efreet and dragon. gargantuan on the meteors then stacked and combo can be a heavy hitter. power link is your life line but dont use it if a major hit is building and you have the life to do it

your hitters are fire and death...

this group works really well when they work in concert.
they show for glory and the game is lost some one will die.
most likely your life wizard. the rest may be lost

unless Ra is buffed and shows in time to save you.

This play is how we just waltzed thru the Water works and had no problems.

The hardest part is getting everyone to kep to the strategy…

I’ get the boss is the worst thing you can hear in there.
It means you have a grand stander.

Just leave and go find a replacement.
When they ask why.
Tell then your not a team player.

this also works well in the finale of WinterTusk too

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
bravevline wrote:

then you need to change your play style. I regularly go through waterworks with just one other person and we have no trouble.

Might be too hard for you. Isn't for the majority of the people that run through it.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
hobi wrote:

Life should always enter last, and should concentrate on heals first, attacks second.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I like how the dungeon is designed to be extremely difficult. Its impossible to solo the whole thing and is near impossible to complete with just two players as well. It actually gives you a chance to form an actual strategy with a group :D.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
it isnt that hard I've done it 2 times and all you need is good gear to block the criticals and a good team that wont leave you (mostly friends)

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
So what if they can critical you can block and listen to what everyone said its the hardest dungeon in the game and immopossible to solo. You just need a good team. The only hard part is the last battle thats it other than that its rather simple and easy.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
hobi wrote:

Life should always enter last, and should concentrate on heals first, attacks second.

my bad, crystal wizard is right life enters fourth

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
I think the very last boss battle of Waterworks should be changed so that it can be soloed. Malistaire's Lair and Meowrity's tower "Big Ben" both were changed so they could be soloed.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
FrozenPulse wrote:
I think the very last boss battle of Waterworks should be changed so that it can be soloed. Malistaire's Lair and Meowrity's tower "Big Ben" both were changed so they could be soloed.
one day soon i will try to solo the whole thing, but i'm sure that would take close to 5 hours. i can already solo to and beyond luska and, due to some insight given to me by a friend, and a realization of my own inspired by that insight, i found that you can do full attacks with both blades and traps if you use myth and storm dispels, thereby making it seem possible to solo the final fight. once i get a huge amount of free time and some storm treasure dispels, i'll put this theory to action. Anything can be accomplished if you really put way too much time and thought into it. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer (and to think that, a few months ago, i thought i'd never beat this dungeon)

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
FrozenPulse wrote:

I didn't know that it was possible to solo Malistaire; I thought 3 people were required to unlock the doors. Then again, my Balance wiz is a legendary and it's been a long time since I took her through D.S... if it is possible to solo it now, I'd love to fight him again; have you done this? If so, what's the secret to unlocking the doors by yourself? Any suggestions would be most-helpful. :)

Back on topic... Waterworks is supposed to be difficult; it is long and annoying, yes, but not impossible. My Balance wiz went in with three Life/Death friends and, though it took us a very long time, we still did it. Another time, I went in with a theurgist and another Balance- it took well over 4 hours, but we got done what we needed to. If you know the strategy behind it, it's not that hard- if you don't, then I suggest teaming up with a friend or two who does. Waterworks is not meant to be soloed- a friend of mine did it, though I'm not sure how; as a Balance wiz, I'd probably make it as far as Luska Charmbeak before running out of cards and/or mana and having to start over- it's not worth the aggro or headache.

Depending on what time-zone you're in, I may be able to help you- I'm on Atlantic standard time, and usually on the Lincoln server (or Wraith, if Lincoln is full); I'm also on a lot, so you should be able to find me pretty well anytime. Also, do you have text chat? If you're a menu-chatter, let me know and I will explain the strategies to you beforehand (no options for that in menu chat, at the moment).

In the event that you've since completed it, or our schedules don't sync up- best of luck to you!

Laura Shadowsong
Legendary Sorcerer

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:

I didn't know that it was possible to solo Malistaire; I thought 3 people were required to unlock the doors. Then again, my Balance wiz is a legendary and it's been a long time since I took her through D.S... if it is possible to solo it now, I'd love to fight him again; have you done this? If so, what's the secret to unlocking the doors by yourself? Any suggestions would be most-helpful. :)
Laura Shadowsong
Legendary Sorcerer

Yep, there is now only one crystal to light up. Put a mark near the big doors, run through the Dragons Maw (the area with Tumok Gravelbeard), light the crystal, then port to your mark and enter the door. It does not post the 'Door has been unlocked' message anymore, they just open when you approach. Also, the 2 enemies that hold the other set of doors by magic, that used to have to be defeated at about the same time, now can be killed one at a time. So yeah, Malistaire's Lair can now be soloed.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
kingurz wrote:
bravevline wrote:

Waterworks is designed to be the hardest dungeon in the game. Critical is a part of what makes it difficult.
Well, the new Helephant Tower is harder. TRUST ME!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
If that's your only reason, you don't have a valid argument.
Um, yes I do have a valid arguement. You need to quit acting smart. No one likes people that do that.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
natenkate wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

Laura Shadowsong
Legendary Sorcerer

Yep, there is now only one crystal to light up. Put a mark near the big doors, run through the Dragons Maw (the area with Tumok Gravelbeard), light the crystal, then port to your mark and enter the door. It does not post the 'Door has been unlocked' message anymore, they just open when you approach. Also, the 2 enemies that hold the other set of doors by magic, that used to have to be defeated at about the same time, now can be killed one at a time. So yeah, Malistaire's Lair can now be soloed.

Sweet! Thank you so much!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
If you want something even harder, finish Wysteria and then do the Helephant Tower!

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
bravevline wrote:
Um, yes I do have a valid arguement. You need to quit acting smart. No one likes people that do that.

Uh...excuse me? I wasn't being smart, and if I were you I wouldn't throw stones when I live in a glass house. I've been through Waterworks several times. I've dealt with all of it; the critical hits, the surprise mobs, and the ridiculously long boss fights. I made it out alive more times than not, so don't tell me it's too hard. When you can't get to the top of a mountain, you get the appropriate gear, tweak your strategy, and try again. You don't run to your parents and tell them to make the mountain shorter.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
ya you don't have a valid arguement, so if you don't like waterworks then DON'T do it. kingsisle won't change it for one person complaning about it!!
waterworks is very EASY to do. don't try to do it solo like i said in my last message, go in a group!