Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mystery bear in Grizzleheim

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
So I was in Ravenscar when I noticed a bear icon on the right of my screen. I was fighting at the time, so when I opened it to read the message it said for me to come see him, that he had a deal I couldn't refuse. (or something like that) I didn't notice the name of the guy because I was fighting and when I left the fight and opened my quest log the bear wasn't in there. I ran around grizzleheim looking for a yellow question mark but there was only one greyed out quest giver who wants me to look at the rune stones around the zone. I've had that quest for some time though, so I'm fairly sure he wasn't the guy. Does anyone remember dialogue along this line coming from an icon on their screen? Any help would be appreciated.

*My character is level 44 and I've already gotten one new spell from the same guy with the greyed out question mark above his head (I'm pretty sure it was him who gave it to me anyway). Yesterday I killed (finally) Jotun so it is possible it was there after that kill and i didn't notice it. thanks again

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
nludian wrote:
So I was in Ravenscar when I noticed a bear icon on the right of my screen. I was fighting at the time, so when I opened it to read the message it said for me to come see him, that he had a deal I couldn't refuse. (or something like that) I didn't notice the name of the guy because I was fighting and when I left the fight and opened my quest log the bear wasn't in there. I ran around grizzleheim looking for a yellow question mark but there was only one greyed out quest giver who wants me to look at the rune stones around the zone. I've had that quest for some time though, so I'm fairly sure he wasn't the guy. Does anyone remember dialogue along this line coming from an icon on their screen? Any help would be appreciated.

*My character is level 44 and I've already gotten one new spell from the same guy with the greyed out question mark above his head (I'm pretty sure it was him who gave it to me anyway). Yesterday I killed (finally) Jotun so it is possible it was there after that kill and i didn't notice it. thanks again

Sounds like Baldur Goldpaws (in olde town) but if you already have your level 35 spell, then it was probably just an accidentally triggered notice. You might check in with Baldur just to verify.