Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Emperor of Life on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Upset because your pvp fire got put out? People work hard for their pets that cast pixie on them. If it's that big of an issue for your pvp abilities, use a doom and gloom, infection, or a dispel to counter this. Dispel the balance every turn. If they spam MB, then spam dispel right back. Then THEY lose more pips. Prepare a fire elf or link to stop triage and shift, and FYI, detonate was not specially designed for just heckhound. There are other DOTs that will save the pips for detonate the very next turn. It appears you are complaining about your strategy more than the spells.
Generally, if you use doom and gloom anyone good enough to have acquired a mc fairy pet is also good enough to know to keep a bubble in hand. Infections or dispels literally will be used immediately upon placement, especially if the opponents pet has more than one kind of healing. Replacing your treasure deck with nothing but balance dispels will still lose you 2 pips every 2 rounds which will keep you from being able to do anything anyway, and generally everyone is able to place triage or shift before that second overtime. Detonate wasn't really designed period, someone just was messing around and accidentally made it because it's pretty bad(This one is more for the original poster than you, as you never said it was a good strategy spell).

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
My sis and I are knights and went into a 2v2. we are both level 26 and we keep vs level 47, 38, 51, etc etc. We lost our rank and if I loose one more time i will have to go down to the rank below Veteran. Please change this. It's really unfair. It's also frustrating to waste money on tc (sense i need to do it). A level 58 killed us today.

Never went against at least level 30 and below.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
I find mana burn to be over powered in pvp I faced balance and all they do is mana burn you can't even cast a spell with 8 pips cause of that card they spam it over and over then shield and or judge then they burn you again.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
bulldog7867 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
I find mana burn to be over powered in pvp I faced balance and all they do is mana burn you can't even cast a spell with 8 pips cause of that card they spam it over and over then shield and or judge then they burn you again.
try to dispel them. may I ask what school are you?

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
John RubySpear on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
In pvp I have come across some spell effects that I find a slight bit unfair.

Mana burn: this can be played about every 2 rounds at the most so if spammed, it can kinda be like spam stun, and is very irritating.

Shift: so you save up a bunch of pips to cast a DOT spell and a myth dude can just cancel it and smack it back at their expense of just 1 pip?

Triage: saved up a bunch of pips to do a DOT spell just for it to be cancel by a spell that can be casted without costing any pips at all. I find this to be a bit infuriating.

"Over-powered" pets.: its not anywhere near a fair fight when somebody's pet cast a pixie when the other person's pet cannot. Spritely is one thing, but pixie? That's a little too much.

Also with fire, how come detonate cost 4 pips, by the time you get 4 back, it will be too late for it to help any.

John RubySpear 87 PvP Captain (A1)
Leave the pet MC Fairy(Pixie) alone. My best pet has only MC Fairy at Mega. I am currently working on others with this MC heal Only. We have all worked very hard to get our pets where we want them. It is no one else's fault if you and others have not done the same with your own pets.

Triage is just fine as it is and does what it was designed to do. Plus, if MassTriage is being used it does cost 3 pips.

Shift and MB, as much as I dislike them being used against me, I also have wizards in both schools so leave those alone as well.

PvP is supposed to be about strategy, not removing or nerfing everything because you haven't found a way to get around them.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Leave the pet MC Fairy(Pixie) alone. My best pet has only MC Fairy at Mega. I am currently working on others with this MC heal Only. We have all worked very hard to get our pets where we want them. It is no one else's fault if you and others have not done the same with your own pets.

Triage is just fine as it is and does what it was designed to do. Plus, if MassTriage is being used it does cost 3 pips.

Shift and MB, as much as I dislike them being used against me, I also have wizards in both schools so leave those alone as well.

PvP is supposed to be about strategy, not removing or nerfing everything because you haven't found a way to get around them.
Personally, Kingsisle messed up with making may casts, period. Having pets with lots of may cast spells(I personally have a five healer) makes infections and life dispels worthless, doom and gloom reduced in efficiency, attacking multiple times pointless as the pet will heal in between, and overall messed up the experience of the game. I personally feel that may casts from pets should only take place during ones turn, so that we aren't just watching pets go at it for 10 minutes every turn. Triage can be annoying, but I don't have a problem with people using cards that are in school, I mainly get irked when I'm fighting an ice with 80% fire resist, shield spamming, who casts a triage after 1-2 rounds.
Shift is fine where it is at, but Mana Burn I think is far too overpowered, and was not the best choice of implementation on Kingsisle's part.
Pvp is about strategy; and while hiding behind Jade armor and reducing your opponents pips constantly IS technically a strategy, it isn't really one anyone wants to have to deal with.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Triage: Can only be learned by theurgists, who usually are the healing guys of the group. So they can stop damage from happening to team mates.

Detonate: Ever thought if a following ptromancer did it after the person(s) cast a DOT spell?

Mana Burn: Can get annoying I agree. What you say about it is not wrong Rubyspear, if you have a peice of equipment that gives you that spell, try using it before your opponent does it to you, if you can't I am unable to help.

Shift: Haven't even heard of this one!

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
noahdd on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
Triage: Can only be learned by theurgists, who usually are the healing guys of the group. So they can stop damage from happening to team mates.

Detonate: Ever thought if a following ptromancer did it after the person(s) cast a DOT spell?

Mana Burn: Can get annoying I agree. What you say about it is not wrong Rubyspear, if you have a peice of equipment that gives you that spell, try using it before your opponent does it to you, if you can't I am unable to help.

Shift: Haven't even heard of this one!
Not very polite of a response, and not completely correct. Triage is very common as a treasure card, and it seems this is mostly a 1v1 thread anyways, as hardly any of these effects are a problem in large scale fights.

Detonate: For me at least, it always does 1 overtimes damage, in effect just doing a triage; happens whenever a friend does it as well, and I just leave it completely out of my deck(On my fire).

Mana Burn: How exactly do you expect someone to cast a card that takes 5 pips for them to use on someone who can use it for 3 pips? Best defense against Mana Burn is waste pips before they use it, reducing damage and hopefully all in all keeping you alive until they run out.

Shift: Really? Because I can troll the heck out of people with it all the time, and I know that many others do as well; Its like a better version of Triage. Still trying to find a way to get my other spell to work though, swap hanging effects with minion has caused me to start calling in the Minotaur again and buffing him.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
1320Wraith on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
Personally, Kingsisle messed up with making may casts, period. Having pets with lots of may cast spells(I personally have a five healer) makes infections and life dispels worthless, doom and gloom reduced in efficiency, attacking multiple times pointless as the pet will heal in between, and overall messed up the experience of the game. I personally feel that may casts from pets should only take place during ones turn, so that we aren't just watching pets go at it for 10 minutes every turn. Triage can be annoying, but I don't have a problem with people using cards that are in school, I mainly get irked when I'm fighting an ice with 80% fire resist, shield spamming, who casts a triage after 1-2 rounds.
Shift is fine where it is at, but Mana Burn I think is far too overpowered, and was not the best choice of implementation on Kingsisle's part.
Pvp is about strategy; and while hiding behind Jade armor and reducing your opponents pips constantly IS technically a strategy, it isn't really one anyone wants to have to deal with.
KI didn't mess up. They gave players what they asked for originally for PvE. The fact that pets have MCs does not mean that all talent pools have the same MCs. That happens from multiple hatchings with the different pets from the different talent pool. Some players will hatch until they can get all the talents they want on one pet. MCs are random, and should remain that way.

Shift and Mana Burn are a royal pain. Not on my favorite spells list and I do have a Balance and Myth wizard.

Now, Triage. I would like to ask you to re-read what noahdd actually posted:

"Triage: Can only be learned by theurgists, who usually are the healing guys of the group. So they can stop damage from happening to team mates."

He is actually correct. Only Theurgists can TRAIN(learn) Triage. Yes, others can use it in TC form only. The original Triage is a 0 pip spell for use on an individual. Mass Triage is a 3 pip spell and is rarely used by anyone except Theurgists unless they have a life mastery and can get it in TC form. Again, this spell can not be trained by off school wizards.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
frzenyogurt on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
try to dispel them. may I ask what school are you?
I am death

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

Mana burn: this can be played about every 2 rounds at the most so if spammed, it can kinda be like spam stun, and is very irritating.

Shift: so you save up a bunch of pips to cast a DOT spell and a myth dude can just cancel it and smack it back at their expense of just 1 pip?

Triage: saved up a bunch of pips to do a DOT spell just for it to be cancel by a spell that can be casted without costing any pips at all. I find this to be a bit infuriating.

"Over-powered" pets.: its not anywhere near a fair fight when somebody's pet cast a pixie when the other person's pet cannot. Spritely is one thing, but pixie? That's a little too much.

Also with fire, how come detonate cost 4 pips, by the time you get 4 back, it will be too late for it to help any.

Just so you know. Shift is 4 pips. Not as easy as you thought huh? And do you know how long it took me to get a double defense pet? Wanna know? About 2 YEARS. And now I'm happy with my pet who gives 14% resist, fairy, sprite, and MC pierce. But you know what? I got to Warlord without it. *gasp*!

Wolf Skullslinger.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012

Just simply use them to make the match even. They cast mana burn, then you do. Both attacks are out, giving you more time to plan.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Me and my 2v2 partner are only level 30 and 31, and we went against a level 75 fire with 2156 rating, and a balance level 58 commander.I only have 1055 rating, and my friend is in the one thousand one hundreds. I am very disappointed with that! Please fix it!

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
Everyone knows that fires specialty is damage over time but there are cards that can easily take that away. Cards like triage cooldown and myth can give the dot right back to the wizard who cast it. If i ever fight an ice in PvP they always have huge resist to fire, sure i can use converts but how long is it going to take to find one and i can probably get in a few good attacks but while i am looking for another one they can easily heal of the damage. Fire is also supposed to be the second strongest school but doesnt have the the second best damage gear. Life, death and balance can easily surpass in terms of damage boost from gear and don't say that fire doesn't need damage boost because it is already a strong school because storm has gear that can give 80+ percent of damage i have even seen a storm with over 100%. So right now i'm asking why is PvP so unfair to fire wizards our only chance of winning is probably efreet but even then it won't be enough.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
That is why we have secondary spells.
well if your a high lvl your not going to use secondary schools to attack with because they would be much too weak without the damage boosts and you would only have cards up to lvl 42 which arent going to give you a big advantage.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
That is why we have secondary spells.
Secondary spells really won't help with damage...I have found that, in order to beat people in pvp, it has become easier for me with a critical build. My gear gives 407 critical, 15 pierce, 73 damage, and 22 global resist. I try to efreet or heckhound quickly to critical and hopefully end the duel. Against ice, I either try to armor pierce through their resist, or use some of the 4 converts I have in.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
cool12345678204 on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Everyone knows that fires specialty is damage over time but there are cards that can easily take that away. Cards like triage cooldown and myth can give the dot right back to the wizard who cast it. If i ever fight an ice in PvP they always have huge resist to fire, sure i can use converts but how long is it going to take to find one and i can probably get in a few good attacks but while i am looking for another one they can easily heal of the damage. Fire is also supposed to be the second strongest school but doesnt have the the second best damage gear. Life, death and balance can easily surpass in terms of damage boost from gear and don't say that fire doesn't need damage boost because it is already a strong school because storm has gear that can give 80+ percent of damage i have even seen a storm with over 100%. So right now i'm asking why is PvP so unfair to fire wizards our only chance of winning is probably efreet but even then it won't be enough.
Since when? Fire is one of the favorite 1v1 schools, in my opinion. And have you seen Aquila Hades gear? I fought a fire who, quite literally, criticaled every turn. With 500 Critical that is a thing.

Wolf Skullslinger

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
1320Wraith on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Not very polite of a response, and not completely correct. Triage is very common as a treasure card, and it seems this is mostly a 1v1 thread anyways, as hardly any of these effects are a problem in large scale fights.

Detonate: For me at least, it always does 1 overtimes damage, in effect just doing a triage; happens whenever a friend does it as well, and I just leave it completely out of my deck(On my fire).

Mana Burn: How exactly do you expect someone to cast a card that takes 5 pips for them to use on someone who can use it for 3 pips? Best defense against Mana Burn is waste pips before they use it, reducing damage and hopefully all in all keeping you alive until they run out.

Shift: Really? Because I can troll the heck out of people with it all the time, and I know that many others do as well; Its like a better version of Triage. Still trying to find a way to get my other spell to work though, swap hanging effects with minion has caused me to start calling in the Minotaur again and buffing him.
Sorry, always get puffed when someone says theurgists have unfair stuff, we do but not in the way most think. Till level 60 we have relatively weak attacks. We are more of a supportive class in pvp most of the time (this is from my watching of many pvps and a couple rounds of a few tournaments) so in my sight, triage is what made me angry. Mana burn is one of my favourite spells and I have used it before balance who have it (Guess I got lucky). With shift, hadn't been on in a while, until lately. Saw it's power, awesome stuff. Detonate is different for me. It's an awesome spell that if used quickly can do a ton or a little damage before the enemy can heal. My theory on using it after someone casts a D.O.T. can and will work.

Sorry for the impoliteness on this topic, again, just steamed.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Wow yeah right. Just add infallible and resist becomes less of a problem. Efreet is a good spell. Get some block and resist. Spam bladed colossal fire elves that critical and that's 500 damage right there. Myth dispels for shift. They have less dot dispels than dots you have. You clearly need strategy.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Since when? Fire is one of the favorite 1v1 schools, in my opinion. And have you seen Aquila Hades gear? I fought a fire who, quite literally, criticaled every turn. With 500 Critical that is a thing.

Wolf Skullslinger
The problem is that a lot of ice's who aren't generally that decent at pvp are running around with like Senator gear and stuff; Senator gear gives about 90% fire resist alone, and if they have a decent pet, Chill Band, or (For some reason) heartsteel, they could be just about at immunity. So fire really needs that critical and damage.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Molly the Balance ... on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
Just simply use them to make the match even. They cast mana burn, then you do. Both attacks are out, giving you more time to plan.
Awesome way of thinking, you a warlord?

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Ugh, I hate it when people complain about what other schools can do, if you know you are fighting a life, myth, or whatever wizard and they will use shift or triage, then the solution is simple, DONT USE THE SPELL. If you are fighting a balance that spams mana burn, then use unbalance spells or tcs. Pets? Well, they are a part of the game and you can use them as much as the other person can.

Robert Angleblade
Transcendent Theurgist

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Mana burn individually is kind of ridiculous, but the other balance spells are kind of lame. Balance needed a cool spell to even the playing field in pvp.