Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Whenever I play real PVP where you win arena tickets, I always get paired with someone a higher level than me, and a higher PVP ranking, but with about 1/3 of the health I have. There was only one time where I actually got an equal match, and I still failed. Any tips, I am a level 57. My secondary school is . I am thinking about training a tertiary school. Which school would be the best for PVP? Are there any essential ,, or spells I should get. FYI: I can't get to Stormriven, where the trainer is. Thank you in advance

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
kswgdog112 on May 18, 2013 wrote:
Whenever I play real PVP where you win arena tickets, I always get paired with someone a higher level than me, and a higher PVP ranking, but with about 1/3 of the health I have. There was only one time where I actually got an equal match, and I still failed. Any tips, I am a level 57. My secondary school is . I am thinking about training a tertiary school. Which school would be the best for PVP? Are there any essential ,, or spells I should get. FYI: I can't get to Stormriven, where the trainer is. Thank you in advance
Get power enchantments and polymorphs are useless if your thinking of PvP. (friendly tip) I'd go for infallible from as well.

Hope I helped
Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Survivor
Oct 13, 2010
This is the second post about this, but out of 20 total tournaments I've registered for, I've only been qued once, and I sign up for it 20hrs before it's suppose to go off. I love seeing the commericals about tournaments, trying to enter one, and never getting one. Fix this or refund crowns, because sadly I have like 3-4 tourney credits right now, and that's all I seem to ever get. Your basically giving me a credit that's worthless seeing as you can never get qued.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree, its basically a way to say: "Hey, give us your crowns!".
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
KI, i think you should make the Pvp in Wizard101 a bit more fair. For example, when I was level 10 I rushed straight to the arena. However, when I quick-joined, I was faced against a wizard with over 1,000 health. No need to say what happened next, because it is so obvious how the battle ended, but I thought it was very unfair. What I am saying is that when a wizard quick-joins a fight in PvP, you should try to match them up with someone around their level. If there is no one around their level signing up for a PvP match, set them up with a robot so they can still fight an even match. Just make it like a wooden construct or something. Thanks for listening,and I hope you agree with me.

Still healing bruises, Duncan WindLeaf, Adept Diviner, Level 32

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
yes i agree it is not fair that you are randomly put with players that are possibly warlords

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
I dont think is it fair either .
I also dont believe it is fair at all that boy wizards get the commander robe
from bundles and the girls have to fight hard in PVP in order to get the girl
commander robe which isn't fair at all cause some don't like or even can
win in PVP cause K I has ruined PVP, more people cheat in PVP
and many times have to battle warlords which have allot of playing hours
and XP or have to resort to cheating in doing PVP. How is this fair to girl
wizards that dont do PVP and now warlords have tournaments to win better
prizes so give the others a break and let the girls have the robe.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Duncan WindLeaf on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
KI, i think you should make the Pvp in Wizard101 a bit more fair. For example, when I was level 10 I rushed straight to the arena. However, when I quick-joined, I was faced against a wizard with over 1,000 health. No need to say what happened next, because it is so obvious how the battle ended, but I thought it was very unfair. What I am saying is that when a wizard quick-joins a fight in PvP, you should try to match them up with someone around their level. If there is no one around their level signing up for a PvP match, set them up with a robot so they can still fight an even match. Just make it like a wooden construct or something. Thanks for listening,and I hope you agree with me.

An Initiate can gain 1000 health with the right gear. That means buying crowns or spending hours farming for the gear. My Balance wizard is level 10 with 1058 health. I believe that they have earned the right to have 1000+ health because they either spent real money or time on it. A little strategy and preparation helps to take down a low level PvP person. Get a good hit in, either by way of treasure card or a pet card, followed by or preceded by a hit to lower their health and they could die. It's all about planning.

Sadly, I can't say that I don't use high level treasure cards. I try to keep them fairly low leveled, as far as high level treasure cards go. (Meteor Strike, Nova) Those and a good pet have become must haves for PvP now. A win with these isn't promised, but these do help.

Just my two cents.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 90 Diviner
Alura Unicornglade, level 46 Thaumaturge
Sydney Legendweaver, level 10 Sorcerer

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Pvp matching is based on rank and level. If someone had more health than you, they were probably higher level, and had lower rating. If you continue to do pvp, you will face people much higher level than you. For instance: my balance level 28, 1382 rating, fought a level 62 storm. 80% damage, over 150 critical. I easily lost. He did an 800 damage leviathan through 2 50% shields and a weakness. He then did an 800 damage kraken. (oh, and i have 53% resist) His damage output was so high that I could not survive even 2 hits. If I had been first, I might have been able to OHKO him with judgement, but sadly, i went second. I think that kingisle should make a level limit on the people you can face, because if a level 28 is facing a level 60, it really does not matter what strategy you use or how good you are. They can put out so much damage, you won't be able to heal it off, and you will lose.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Darkshadow928k on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
When your in commander gear, you have no health from it. A lot of the times on my death warlord with 1345 health I'll face people 30 levels above me with 3000+health. If you don't like pvp then just don't play it and buy guardian set for looks, thats all the rage anyways. Kingsisle has not ruined pvp, Kingsisle has attempted to find logical solutions to reduce the abuse suffered in Pvp, and failed to make a correct adjustment. By cheating in pvp I'm assuming you mean having 30%+ resist and knowing when to shield. The only true cheater I have ever faced in pvp is some wolf blood guy with a 9001 damage first turn snow serpent. Tournaments are not warlords only, tournaments are crowns users only. I have plenty of good female friends on this game who have commander gear, and plenty of others who have guardian robes stitched with whatever resist gear they found.

Malorn Ashthorn33 Warlord

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
So true, PvP is ruined, having to face over powered cheaters with nothing but treasure cards, high resist and health at level 10 just shows how far PvP has fallen.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
Duncan WindLeaf on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:

I agree that it is annoying getting crushed by the high level people. They should match you up with some one about your level in the 1vs1 battles. It's also not fair for the advanced players to win prizes by effortlessly defeating low leveled wizards.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
A wizard st level 10 can easily get 1000 health you just need the right gear my suggestion is just go to the bazaar to get over 1000 heal also i pvp should be fair like let a level 10 pvp with another level 10 not a level 20 or 90!:

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
why do people have to cry because they lose? those low levels had strategy to get warlord gear and you guys act like they just got more gold or bought better gear

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
let me think you a girl you bad at pvp and you really want the robe

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Pvp is a bit annoying now a days. Like I always get paired up with some level 30 that spends all of his allowance on crowns. I mean he has his/her entire outfit including the pet. And of course thats the last of me. But the only reason that i loose so hard is that i am life. Life is the worst solo pvp ever. We are the healing school and if we are alone, we fall. Hard. And i think that the arena tickets and rating changes should be made based on effort. Like, if I put up a fight with a crown shop warlord for 30 minutes is a 20 ticket for me. And if am defeated in the second turn, then less points are deducted.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 63

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
In pvp I have come across some spell effects that I find a slight bit unfair.

Mana burn: this can be played about every 2 rounds at the most so if spammed, it can kinda be like spam stun, and is very irritating.

Shift: so you save up a bunch of pips to cast a DOT spell and a myth dude can just cancel it and smack it back at their expense of just 1 pip?

Triage: saved up a bunch of pips to do a DOT spell just for it to be cancel by a spell that can be casted without costing any pips at all. I find this to be a bit infuriating.

"Over-powered" pets.: its not anywhere near a fair fight when somebody's pet cast a pixie when the other person's pet cannot. Spritely is one thing, but pixie? That's a little too much.

Also with fire, how come detonate cost 4 pips, by the time you get 4 back, it will be too late for it to help any.

John RubySpear 87 PvP Captain (A1)

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
I don't have words for someone who complains about spells that only work if your opponent goes second.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Eric Crowspear on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
I don't have words for someone who complains about spells that only work if your opponent goes second.
Agreed.

re first post:
Overpowered pets? Dude, do you know how hard is to get one of those? I worked months on a SPUDF. People who spent so much time in the hatchery deserve some advantage in pvp. Btw, in the new ranked point system its really easy to get to warlord (even without super pets).

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Jerry Saibot on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Agreed.

re first post:
Overpowered pets? Dude, do you know how hard is to get one of those? I worked months on a SPUDF. People who spent so much time in the hatchery deserve some advantage in pvp. Btw, in the new ranked point system its really easy to get to warlord (even without super pets).
Whether it is hard to obtain or not, no one should have that kind of advantage unless the other person has it as well. You have to experience the frustration to fully understand what it is like to be "cheated".

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Eric Crowspear on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
When you use a very strong overtime, any of the overtime affecting spells he mentioned with opponent first still work just as fine; I always try and keep an overtime killer in hand, especially when my opponent is obviously fire. If you are first, your overtime has 2 free hitting turns, if second, your overtime has 1; but when its hitting a good 2000-3000 damage, even taking one turn off helps A LOT. Mana burn you can still use pips, but when you get hit with one every 3 rounds then you really can't do anything beyond your rank 6 spell. And I've made plenty of very overpowered pets pretty easily. Maybe some people are unlucky on manifests, but after 1 or 2 pain-giver or mana gift at mega fails, I got a SPUDF and a proof defy ice proof storm and ice ward, which both have served me fairly well.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Upset because your pvp fire got put out? People work hard for their pets that cast pixie on them. If it's that big of an issue for your pvp abilities, use a doom and gloom, infection, or a dispel to counter this. Dispel the balance every turn. If they spam MB, then spam dispel right back. Then THEY lose more pips. Prepare a fire elf or link to stop triage and shift, and FYI, detonate was not specially designed for just heckhound. There are other DOTs that will save the pips for detonate the very next turn. It appears you are complaining about your strategy more than the spells.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
John RubySpear on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Whether it is hard to obtain or not, no one should have that kind of advantage unless the other person has it as well. You have to experience the frustration to fully understand what it is like to be "cheated".
In the first age i made it to warlord with a very simple pet: add balance, proof, spirietely, health gift, gargantuan. It's not a big deal to get a pet with one healing talent and proof. Only a couple of hatches and there you go, you have a decent pet for pvp. Please stop complaining and enter the hatchery. Make a few hatches and see what you get.