Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
Dr Von on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Learn from those losses. The key is to anticipate your opponent's next move before they do.

Once upon a time, I sucked at pvp. My biggest issue was that I treated it like pve: you can't do that. People in the arena are ruthless~ they will do whatever it takes to win, and are not above cheating or exploiting loopholes in the system: expensive crowns items, bringing in friends to taunt from the sidelines and throw you off your game... you will have to work hard to outwit them.

I used to also be firmly opposed to tc in pvp. I obviously lost a lot. But, as the old saying goes, if you can't beat them, join them... so I joined them, and then beat them at their own game.

Now I'm a captain. I've beaten people of all ranks and levels, with and without expensive crowns items, from first and second, all because I evolved.

Some people adapt, and others perish; I adapted. Which of these you do is up to you.

Good luck!
well TC never helps me all these warlords beat me and I am now level 64 in celestia and questing there and also Warlords beat me with huge tc hope I can level to 80 and pvp so I will Win win win. Adam Soulcaster level 64 and a little bit of and

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Adam Soulcaster on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
well TC never helps me all these warlords beat me and I am now level 64 in celestia and questing there and also Warlords beat me with huge tc hope I can level to 80 and pvp so I will Win win win. Adam Soulcaster level 64 and a little bit of and
Just having TC does not guarantee a win... In fact TC never guarantees a win in the first place. You need to know which ones to use and when to use them. They'll even the odds sure but they never... EVER guarantee any victory whatsoever.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2013
Don't feel bad. I am level 19 and I have never won a Ranked PvP match in my entire life.

I'm not joking.

- Jacob Bluesword, Level 19

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Adam Soulcaster on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Even though I have warlords and other levels in the making I still feel pvp matches are unfair. They should be based on levels of the wizard and their pvp rank. This is a minor program adjustment and could resolve a great deal of hostility and frustration in the pvp area. They generated the Tourney area with a great system that has had a lot of thought process behind it so why can't they adjust the pvp rank matches as well?

Survivor
Oct 22, 2012
I know exactly where your coming from, its super unfair, I can only win to people if there a little bit higher then me, anything over 5 levels higher, I instantly die, how is any of the PvP fair?

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
I feel your pain... I only won 2 matches and lost 11 ( or 9? i forgot ) it's annoying but don't worry you will get better with practice or different strategies.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
I have one thing to say to everyone-

This is why I don't PvP. It's not exactly necessary to be a warlord to be a good player in the game. You don't even really need it to finish quests, unless you're just using PvP as practice. I've only used PvP about ten times and I'm perfectly fine. I wish people would stop thinking that to be "awesome" you have to be a warlord or whatever. It has nothing to do with anything, and I find it wastes my time when I could be doing other more productive things, and not getting into all these [verbal] fights with people because of PvP. Don't you see? PvP, as far as I can tell is the one main and considerably the largest part of W101 that causes fights and people being upset.

So don't feel pressured to play PvP. I can tell you this made life a heck of a lot more easy for me, especially when I have friends coming to me all the time complaining about the "unfair" play and rules or whatnot.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Legendary Necromancer lvl 68

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
captainjakeboggie on Jul 29, 2011 wrote:
I was just 1v1 and i got a lvl 28 adept (i am myth 10). He used treasure helephant and wiped me out in one shot. i lost 21 points. This is so unfair. If i get beat by someone over my level i expect to lost less points then 21! Also i just did another pvp and went up against lvl 30 life, it is impossible to win these fights at my level. Fix this. I am sick of losing 5 in a row cause of too high level enemies. I am 19 won - 5 lost, i would not have 5 lost if these pvp were set up better

---------------------------------------------------------
Jacob AshCloud Legendary Pyromancer
Jacob Ironhorn 10 Conjurer
Benjamin Legendary Life
Captainjakebogie,

Won 19 and lost 5, that's a solid starting record. What will happen when you get to
Commander and start facing Players that have the new gear? My level 20 goes up
against level 35 and level 42, you do the best you can to win. If they made it so that I
only faced level 15 to 25, I would seldom get matches. At least if I face a level 35 I got
a good chance to win. A level 42 gets harder, but I can still win if I play my cards right.

My level 10 uses Treasure cards, a full set in the side deck. No one should go into PvP
without them. The more you play the more tricks you learn, and the better your odds are.

I hate to hear people say that PvP is unfair, it's as fair as it can be, and still be reasonable.
Everyone needs to remember, you will win some and lose some, but that's what happens.
I don't expect to win every match, because you deck cannot be set to handle all the different
idea's that people come up with. Your deck can only handle so many different strategies,
and I believe that to be true. Bottom line, play to have fun, and when you finally leave the
game you will have no regrets. Play, PvP and get mad over it, and what does mean when
you finally move on to a different game?

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
DuncanTara on Sep 12, 2011 wrote:
The unfair is using insane bolt in pvp with full waterworks and hellephant tower gears on any one!

1st: No shield can help you unless if it is tower one.
2nd: Storm wiz only need 2 pips for this spell, its crazy for damage that it cost!
3rd: Not one single school of magic have this kind of spell, when this favoring of storm school stops?
4th: It is very rare they been hit by that spell with all that gears.

So yea agree regarding lvl issue, but trust me, when you become legendary and go against storm wiz, my advice is flee, you will save your nerves.

And I really hope KI will do something about storm magic, this is starting to be ridiculous.
Storms strength is equaled out by their low life..

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
captainjakeboggie on Jul 29, 2011 wrote:
I was just 1v1 and i got a lvl 28 adept (i am myth 10). He used treasure helephant and wiped me out in one shot. i lost 21 points. This is so unfair. If i get beat by someone over my level i expect to lost less points then 21! Also i just did another pvp and went up against lvl 30 life, it is impossible to win these fights at my level. Fix this. I am sick of losing 5 in a row cause of too high level enemies. I am 19 won - 5 lost, i would not have 5 lost if these pvp were set up better

---------------------------------------------------------
Jacob AshCloud Legendary Pyromancer
Jacob Ironhorn 10 Conjurer
Benjamin Legendary Life
I agree that it's unfair and I know how you feel. I lost a 499 crown cost championship once. bummer right? One problem is you might have your pvp settings to open to all players the second problem might be you have a high rank in pvp. Third problem is if you are playing practice pvp they could set you up with someone totally out your skill range. I played someone once who was level 12 and i was level 22

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
Well the higher rank you are, the harder/higher level enemies you will face. Since you are a high rank before your losing streak. The game wanted to see how strong/far you can go without losing. After you lost 5 matches. The game thought it was a little too much and pulled back a little.

Hoped this helped!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
every time i try to pvp it is always a warlord and i always lose why can they make it so you face someone your pvp lvl

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
I think tc in pvp is completely unfair. period. It should be based on skills of what you learned, not what you can buy.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
seethe42 on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
The only way you're fighting Exalted Warlords is if you are a high level Warlord yourself.
I'm a level 70 private. I constantly battle warlords that are levels 90-100. The pvp system needs to be fixed.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2012
I will agree that the pvp battles need to be fixed. Even now the restrictions don't always work. For example, I am level 30 balance and have been a non-member for over the past two years, but when I created a friend only battle I was placed against a level 100 wizard I did not know somehow. The unfairness wasn't what made me made, because I already knew I had no chance from the start. It was the fact that the player was so rude and made a point to cream me and call me a noob that got to me. Not everyone is a new player just because they aren't level 100. I have worked hard to get where I am in the game, thank you very much. Matches that are pvp practice should definitely be ranked within ten levels, just so they are at least enjoyable.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
GracieD12723 on Nov 12, 2014 wrote:
I will agree that the pvp battles need to be fixed. Even now the restrictions don't always work. For example, I am level 30 balance and have been a non-member for over the past two years, but when I created a friend only battle I was placed against a level 100 wizard I did not know somehow. The unfairness wasn't what made me made, because I already knew I had no chance from the start. It was the fact that the player was so rude and made a point to cream me and call me a noob that got to me. Not everyone is a new player just because they aren't level 100. I have worked hard to get where I am in the game, thank you very much. Matches that are pvp practice should definitely be ranked within ten levels, just so they are at least enjoyable.
practice pvp does not have a good system a 1 can face a 100

Survivor
May 18, 2013
I agree. I'm a level 7 storm, and I'm a pvp captain. And yes I get that it's hard to pvp at a low level with a storm but I was doing just fine until they updated pvp! (I HAD Commander and I was ranked at 852!!) I've been getting levels 14+ higher than my level and it really isn't fair. I mean when I was a Commander I could see that I would get higher levels yeah, but I ranked all the way down to a captain and I was still getting higher levels. (All 14+ levels higher than me!!! And no I haven't turned on the "Try all opponents" option.) It's been so unfair that I've just quit pvping all together. They really need to fix this.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
captainjakeboggie wrote:
1. I am barley a captain.

2. How high i think the enemy is is by his health because of all the bazaar no stat items its confusing. So i cant fix a deck for higher rank. Also that guy helephanted me, and someone recently used fire dragon (lvl 5). So how do i make my deck for him a low lvl when he fire dragons?
I got to agree with Joey. If they were the same rank as you then maybe that's why they were against you.

Morgan Dreamthief Level 84

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I do rage quite a lot when lower levels use their rank 8 spells when they are only Lv. 12

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
i am only a level 67 and i am a sargent i keep getting paired up with level 70-80 and they are higher pvp rank than i am like knight rank.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
I have a big concern with pvp I: I have at least made it to commander, I have 50 won and 3 lost, I have been keeping track but its glitching and not ranking me up or giving me my tickets. Instead its putting me in sergeant when I clearly have more than that won on my level 5 myth. This is so unfair. I have worked my hardest at pvp and its not ranking me up to commander or giving me my tickets. When I win a duel it says I lost and ranks me down which is not fair at all. I want my commander badge and my tickets!.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
I just done a 2v2 that me and my friend ended up vs 2 warlords that one was a lvl 43 myth and a lvl 68 fire and me and my friend are lvl 41 myth and a lvl 33 balance and we are both privates it was so unfair they had so much resist it's just so unfair

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
These harder matches are there to test you figure out how to defend against it and stock up on tower cards

Survivor
Nov 10, 2012
Man, you are so right! but think about it in reversed roles, these people had worked hard to get to there level on THAT wizard, now of course you worked hard too, buuuuut they worked a bit harder, so the harder they work the more privileges they get! But they should give a little more power to those low level wizards

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
Mate, max out your character and I assure you we will never have this discussion again.