Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making the Most of Myth

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
gtarhannon--first thanks for the meet-up!

I'm planning on being on both tonight and tomorrow morning (like around 8ish) so if you still would like to do nastrond, just pop in and let me know. :D

Champion
May 03, 2011
I'm planning on being on both tonight and tomorrow morning (like around 8ish) so if you still would like to do nastrond, just pop in and let me know.

I just wanted to say thanks so much for helping my son and me through the dungeon--it really boosted his confidence! And mine too. :-) It was extremely cool of you to take the time to help us out. I haven't been on much with that character--trying to get Tabitha 2 (my Death) through DS--but I also wanted to thank you for the gear recs. I crafted all the clothes the other day, then went to test them in CL. I am amazed at how much more damage I'm doing! So it's all very good. Hope to see you in the Spiral... :D

Tabitha

PS. Next up, house crafting!

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
:D
Ah, the house crafting! It can be a bit of a pain getting all the items in order to craft a house, but it can be done.
My myth crafted the GH house and I love it. Afterwards, I went a bit OCD and crafted housing items for a kitchen and clocks, etc.
Now I "have" to craft every once in a while to just use reagents. lol

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
I just wanted to say thanks so much for helping my son and me through the dungeon--it really boosted his confidence! And mine too. :-) It was extremely cool of you to take the time to help us out.

Absolutely no trouble at all. It was fun! :D

tabby714 wrote:
I haven't been on much with that character--trying to get Tabitha 2 (my Death) through DS--but I also wanted to thank you for the gear recs. I crafted all the clothes the other day, then went to test them in CL. I am amazed at how much more damage I'm doing! So it's all very good. Hope to see you in the Spiral... :D

Tabitha

PS. Next up, house crafting!

Awesome news! We'll have to get together again soon. :D

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
From Wizard City all the way to the end of Dragonspyre, I strategized everything around my minions. I felt like Myth wizard was nearly invincible. I used minimum amount of mana, survived gauntlets with complete ease, and never encountered any real problems.

Until Celestia+. That is when I too, adjusted my strategy to revolve more around speed than strength. There is one minion I always kept around, the level 0 Living Puppet.

Costing zero pips, it lets you charge your pips while the Living Puppet continuously whiddled away at opponents health points every single turn. Unless it fizzled, of course.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Until Celestia+. That is when I too, adjusted my strategy to revolve more around speed than strength. There is one minion I always kept around, the level 0 Living Puppet.

Yes, I too have become re-acquainted with my golem minion, thanks to some good advice here. I put a couple in my deck when fighting street mobs; it's an effective shield and even does a little damage. I almost never use the other ones--they're too expensive, pip-wise, but this guy is really useful. :-)

Champion
May 03, 2011
I wanted to post an update, after taking a lot of the advice offered here. I am comfortably soloing Celestian Mobs now! Really, I am killing them quickly and efficiently with my new gear and new streamlined deck. No henchmen, no dying--not even close. I haven't yet applied some of the advice about Myth guys from the other thread, but I am building a treasure card stash of enhanced Cyclopses (thanks, gtarhannon, for this advice) and will soon test it out on those blood bats in the Floating Land. So for any myth wizards feeling ineffective in CL, I just wanted to say that it's possible to make this a powerful, effective school. Thanks again to everyone who posted and offered me the benefit of their experience. It's really improved my game. :D

Tabitha, Scourge of the Celestian Seas :-)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
The thing that really disgruntles me about this is ... that KingsIsle FORCES Myth to think and play like almost any other class, in order to survive, once Celestia has been reached.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
I wanted to post an update, after taking a lot of the advice offered here. I am comfortably soloing Celestian Mobs now! Really, I am killing them quickly and efficiently with my new gear and new streamlined deck. No henchmen, no dying--not even close. I haven't yet applied some of the advice about Myth guys from the other thread, but I am building a treasure card stash of enhanced Cyclopses (thanks, gtarhannon, for this advice) and will soon test it out on those blood bats in the Floating Land. So for any myth wizards feeling ineffective in CL, I just wanted to say that it's possible to make this a powerful, effective school. Thanks again to everyone who posted and offered me the benefit of their experience. It's really improved my game. :D

Tabitha, Scourge of the Celestian Seas :-)

I am glad to learn that you are clobbering the bad guys and truly enjoying the Myth school once again. As always, I am willing to help. We will need to meet up again sometime to friend your other wizards. =)

Keep up the good work and most of all, have fun!

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Champion
May 03, 2011
I am glad to learn that you are clobbering the bad guys and truly enjoying the Myth school once again. As always, I am willing to help. We will need to meet up again sometime to friend your other wizards. =)

Thanks again for the great advice! Yes, it would be great if you could connect with my other two wizards. In particular, my Death is level 48 and almost done with DS. It would be awesome if you were available to help with Malistaire at some point...not sure how she's going to do with all those Death guys. I'll text you next time I see one of your wizards on, and we can arrange a meetup. :D