Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Silver chests?!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I first noticed them in MB when I first started it, but I could never open one until a couple days ago, in Crab Alley. I was really excited, and then... it gave LESS gold than a wooden chest right near it. It's the only one I've been able to open, and they don't seem to spawn like reagents on different realms. I'm just wondering if they actually give something special or if I shouldn't get to worked up over it ..?

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I was wondering that too

I usually get just like 20 gold, and I was SUPER disappointed the first time I opened one. Once I opened a wooden chest and got 400 gold and two treasure cards. I guess it is just based on your luck for the silver chests.

Tiffany pixigem - level 53 theurgist

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Aelita987 wrote:
I was wondering that too

I usually get just like 20 gold, and I was SUPER disappointed the first time I opened one. Once I opened a wooden chest and got 400 gold and two treasure cards. I guess it is just based on your luck for the silver chests.

Tiffany pixigem - level 53 theurgist
You never can get 400 gold from a chest.

Explorer
May 13, 2010
Silver chests are like card packs it is the luck of the draw and some give a bunch of good stuff some give little to make it worthwhile. As for the comment about not being able to get 400 gold that is totally inaccurate you can get just about anything in a wooden or silver chest. If you can not get a good draw from a chest try getting some good karma by being nice and helping others it works for me. ;)

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
.... One day .... I unlocked 4 silver chests in Marleybone .... First try .... Nothing .... Second try .... 52 gold .... 3rd try .... 14 gold .... Fourth try .... 233 gold + Lightening bats treasure card .... Saw a 5th chest .... walked right passed it .... Yes it's a waste of your time trying to get 400 gold. How bout you sell things you don't need lol.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
idk but i do know that i've gotten a treasure card from a wooden chest.i think it's just a way for a chance to get better prizes.