Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level 58 pet quest: what did I miss?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
I am a level 60 Ice wizard. I have finished just about all of wintertusk, including all the quests from Grandmother raven, but I still have no pet quest from my teacher. the only old quest I did not complete was swimming with stars for the spiral key. Do I have to do this one to get my pet? I would really an answer please because I am truly perplexed
Thank You1
Amy Frostbringer
Legendary Thaumaturge

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Amyaskew wrote:
I am a level 60 Ice wizard. I have finished just about all of wintertusk, including all the quests from Grandmother raven, but I still have no pet quest from my teacher. the only old quest I did not complete was swimming with stars for the spiral key. Do I have to do this one to get my pet? I would really an answer please because I am truly perplexed
Thank You1
Amy Frostbringer
Legendary Thaumaturge

go back to everybody in wintertusk one of them will have a quest for you

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Amyaskew wrote:
Thank You1
Amy Frostbringer
Legendary Thaumaturge

Hi, Amy-

I'm not primarily an Ice wizard, so I don't know about the pet quest. I do, however, have a legendary Balance wiz, for whom completing the the Swimming With Stars quest was not a requirement to obtain her level 58 pet.

Swimming With Stars is a completely-optional quest that is not required to advance. It is, however, quite difficult (though less so, if you know the strategies of the final bosses), so you may want to team up with a friend or two. Depending on your time-zone, I may be able to help you- I am on Atlantic standard time, usually on the Lincoln server (or Wraith, if it's full), and have completed this with a friend before, so I know the ins and outs of the dungeon, if you still need a hand.

As for your pet quest, go back through the GH/Northguard/Wintertusk areas (sub-areas too) and make sure that you haven't missed any quests. There are, if I remember correctly, a few NPCs hiding in huts and stuff that have quests for you- if you've got any of those, take them, and they'll hopefully put you on the right path. If my Ice wiz, who is level 11, somehow makes it to Legendary before then, I'll be sure to let you know. :-)

Good luck!

Laura Shadowsong
Lv. 60 Balance

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Amyaskew wrote:
I am a level 60 Ice wizard. I have finished just about all of wintertusk, including all the quests from Grandmother raven, but I still have no pet quest from my teacher. the only old quest I did not complete was swimming with stars for the spiral key. Do I have to do this one to get my pet? I would really an answer please because I am truly perplexed Thank You1 Amy Frostbringer Legendary Thaumaturge
You just need to complete the quest 'nordrilund exposure', which is the first quest in Nordrilund. However, Nordrilund is like the last area in wintertusk before the final dungeon in nastrond. the swimming with the stars quest has nothing to do with getting the spell quest- keep working on wintertusk. -Corwin Sandstalker, legendary sorcerer

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I never got a pop-up for my level 58 pet quests, on any of my legendaries, I simply returned to my school of magic after doing Wintertusk and my teacher had an '!' above them, giving me the quest.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
if you have finished wintertusk then make sure your teacher has it if not well my advice is also to tell you to look around the areas of wintertusk and hopefully youll find it.

best of luck!
Ronan Darkshade, lvl 58 Necromancer.

From the deepness od death, comes the essence of life. :)

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Amyaskew wrote:
Thank You1
Amy Frostbringer
Legendary Thaumaturge

The pet quest is sort of tricky, as are the 2 new spells. I took 28 legends through the process, and along the way the path for the pet became a bit muddled. The programming involved is a little tricky and has changed since first released (in the beginning, users were able to get the pet quest without going through Wintertusk).

When you say that you have completed all of Wintertusk, I am guessing this means you have finished Nastrond. First, have you gotten both spell quests from the bear in Old Towne and talked to Erik in Grizzle? My best suggestion is that you finish the 2 new spell quests, and then talk to your teacher.