Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School Idea: School of Mineral

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
This school doesn't have any attack spells but has RIDICULOUSLY powerful blades and shields. They each require 2 training points (however unfair that may seem) and you must be at least level 50-60 to get them, and you must have completed Celelstia.

Triple BalanceBlade: You can use the blades for any type of magic. Two pips needed.

Golden Shields: Two shields that can block any type of magic and reduce their power by 95%. Two pips needed.

Mirror Shield: Any offensive spells used on you bounce back to the user of the spell. Two pips needed.

Plasma Trap: Makes any type of magic fizzle when the enemy uses a spell. Two pips needed.

RubyBlade: Makes any healing spell YOU use (on yourself or someone else) double it's healing. Two pips needed.

Plasma Shield: Makes any offensive spell used on you convert into three pips.
Two pips needed. Level 55 required.

Diamond Shield: Shields you from any type of magic spell and reduces it's power by 100%. Also converts it into two pips. Level 60 required. Four pips needed.

Diamond Trap: Converts the any offensive spell that the enemy uses into healing, double the power of the spell. Level 55 required. Two pips needed.

DiamondBlade: Makes any offensive spell you use do TRIPLE the amount of damage. Level 60 required. Four pips needed.

These are just ideas, KingsIsle can make the rest! :)

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
Triple BalanceBlade: You can use the blades for any type of magic. Two pips needed.
Uh, balanceblade IS already for all types of magic. :/

Golden Shields: Two shields that can block any type of magic and reduce their power by 95%. Two pips needed.
95% seems a little much, although I like the general idea.

Mirror Shield: Any offensive spells used on you bounce back to the user of the spell. Two pips needed.
That seems like and interesting one, although it'd be easy to get around by using, say, scorpion, and getting it off.

Plasma Trap: Makes any type of magic fizzle when the enemy uses a spell. Two pips needed.

Sounds quite a lot like unbalance and strangle (stops the casting of a balance/death spell, respectively) but I could go for this one.

RubyBlade: Makes any healing spell YOU use (on yourself or someone else) double it's healing. Two pips needed.
I don't quite understand why it's "ruby" blade, but I like the general idea.

Plasma Shield: Makes any offensive spell used on you convert into three pips.
Two pips needed. Level 55 required.

No. Just no. It's utterly pointless.

Diamond Shield: Shields you from any type of magic spell and reduces it's power by 100%. Also converts it into two pips. Level 60 required. Four pips needed.
Scrap that last part. I like the idea of the shield, and I'm assuming it can be used on friends?

Diamond Trap: Converts the any offensive spell that the enemy uses into healing, double the power of the spell. Level 55 required. Two pips needed.
I like the idea, although double the power seems to be a little much.

DiamondBlade: Makes any offensive spell you use do TRIPLE the amount of damage. Level 60 required. Four pips needed.
Sorry, but I don't like this one. Too powerful.

Anyways, I think they're good ideas, but it'd be an even better idea to put a level limit on ALL of them. :3

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
cookiejar42 wrote:
Anyways, I think they're good ideas, but it'd be an even better idea to put a level limit on ALL of them. :3

There are level limits on all of them.

you must be at least level 50-60 to get them

The level limits that I mentioned for certain spells, is the level needed for that spell. You have to be level 50-60 to get any of them.

P.S. Thx for the feedback! :D

- Kyle Ravenhammer
Level 19 Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Um, pass. Without attack spells it's fairly useless. At that high of a level, we really don't need more shields/blades.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
Um, pass. Without attack spells it's fairly useless. At that high of a level, we really don't need more shields/blades.

um star and sun don't have any attack spells and they are far from useless.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:

um star and sun don't have any attack spells and they are far from useless.

My thoughts exactly. 8)

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
i think blades and shields boost and block too much think about people using those shields all the time pvp battles almost get no where it would make game almost too easy

blaze legendary pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
blaze552563 wrote:
i think blades and shields boost and block too much think about people using those shields all the time pvp battles almost get no where it would make game almost too easy

blaze legendary pyromancer

That is incorrect. In my opinion, blades and shields should have a bit more power to them. It seems like 90% of this game is the offensive spells. But if you are more into the game than just seeing how cool they are, then blades and shields are for you. It makes for a great strategy.

Defender
May 05, 2010

Too OverPowered!

Diamond Blade: Have you heard of leviathan? I've seen people use super charge that can give you up to +140% damage boost on storm. Then comes
Gargantuan (+225 Damage to Spell) and Critical (2x the normal Damage),
and last Diamond blade (Which you said does 3x times the damage) plus the
Waterworks gear (which could be like +85% Damage)... Uh - Oh! that could do do like 33,240 (without any Shields), and about 3,000 with the Treasure card Storm Shield (-90% Damage) So I would say +90% to next spell?

Diamond Shield: -100% for 4 Pips? Pvp would be Useless, cause of the shield.
People can't Even attack each other... How about - 75% to next Spell?

Gold Shield: Same thing as Diamond Shield, but -65% to next Spell?

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I like the idea, while one person said pvp woiuld be useless, recall that weak spells can be used to break them, rendering them more costly than they were worth to cast.

I think these spells are a great idea, although perhaps a new level cap would be in order for them, they should be more of a 60-70 type range.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Wow, cool! Thats an awesome idea! My best friend Sarah would love the School of Minral! I have in idea is the School of Music! I mean we could have stuff that blows eardrums and it would be so cool! Well keep on saying ideas and questions for me!
Anwering regualy,
The almost level 21, death student, Rachel Skullflame. I have red hair!