Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death drain spells and gargantuan

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Before Wtt came out sun spells like gargantuan could not be used to drain spells(scarecrow wraith vampire ghoul ect) and now sun spells can be used on them but for some odd reason they dont add there full value to the damage rating. For example gargantuan adds 150 damage to drain spells and monstrous adds only 117 damage giant only adds 83 and strong adds only 63 damage and i was wondering why those spells only add 63% of there value to drain spells.
P.S. i not complaining about it i just wonder why.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
i think that this might be because drain spells are already so powerful (because they give back health) i am a death wizard and have also run into this

Morgrim Darksword
Magus (level 30) Necromancer

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
Before Wtt came out sun spells like gargantuan could not be used to drain spells(scarecrow wraith vampire ghoul ect) and now sun spells can be used on them but for some odd reason they dont add there full value to the damage rating. For example gargantuan adds 150 damage to drain spells and monstrous adds only 117 damage giant only adds 83 and strong adds only 63 damage and i was wondering why those spells only add 63% of there value to drain spells.
P.S. i not complaining about it i just wonder why.

Its because life stealing spells give half back in health. If you were to boost wraith with a gargantuan treasure card for instance, If you applied it all to damage taking it from 500 to 750, you would get 375 back. That means you would have gotten both a 250 damage boost and a 125 point healing boost for a combined benefit of 375. Since every other damage spell only gets a benefit of 250, they decided to adjust how its applied so that life stealing spells only get a total boost equivalent to what damage spells get.