Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

1500 pvp topics

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Hate it or love it the pvp forums have reached a milestone.

We're not the happiest, most satisfied group of people out there but one thing is for sure.. We are by far the most passionate people on the forums. People have alot of feelings swirling around this section and I'm sure everyone is thankful that we have a place to voice our concerns and feelings for apart of The game we all love to do.

I think there are aspects of our community that could be buffed ;) (respect for others) but our emotions are a reflection about how much we care about pvp and the game as a whole. Ty to the staff for putting up with us lol :)

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
It is a milestone and the staff deserves credit for putting up with it. But it isn't always passion about it, some time is just unecessary arguing. I mean there are just some people on this specific forum that don't even want to have a debate they just want to argue and will stoop to the lowest low to just argue lol.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
For those that say PVP viewpoints should not considered by KI in their efforts to improve the game, TravisAK's observation would seem to indicate otherwise. However, upon taking a closer look, some interesting comparisons came up.

PVP only makes up 5.6% of the total number of topics on the boards with Halston’s Lab and The Dorms both tying for first at 21% each. Ravenwood Commons comes in next with 17.1% and then pets with 6.9%. If you look at the total number of messages on the boards, PVP provides 9.8% of the total messages. Ravenwood Commons leads the percent total messages category with 23.4% and Halston’s Lab with 20%. Pets come in fourth after PVP with 7.9% of the messages. And finally if you just look at the total number of messages per topic (overall, not actual) the Headmaster’s Announcements comes in first with an average of 11 messages per topic and PVP comes in second with an average of 8.3 messages per topic. The average of all messages per topic is 4.8.

So what does all that tell us about PVP? To me it says that KI does indeed have a difficult task of trying to satisfy customers with two different mindsets and needs, PVE and PVP. It will be an ongoing struggle for KI. As for PVP, it may be a relatively small contingent in the game, but they are a very vocal group. Simple observation of the PVP message boards indicates that they like to argue and occasionally debate their points, perhaps that is why they enjoy PVP so much. So congrats (not sure that is the correct term, but it will do) to the PVP folks out there for making this milestone.