Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice waterworks gear needs to be fixed.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
KI, as an ice wizard and a storm wizard I am wondering why you took the school of high hits and low accuracy(storm) and made its accuracy higher than ice's with the waterworks gear? It does not make sense at all, Storm has the strongest hits, fastest pips, highest critical chance and you now gave it more accuracy than ice? That needs to be fixed. Granted Storms accuracy is boosted with dagger and ring, but Ice does not get that on their rings and daggers. Storms accuracy should not go above any schools accuracy levels with even additional gear because they are suppose to be the school of lowest accuracy. I dont see any other school getting the kind of boosts that storm gets.

Here is the breakdown of what I saw:
Storm damage:66, Ice damage:31; Storm resist:26, Ice resist:34; Storm accuracy:22, Ice accuracy:9; Storm critical:151, Ice critical:110, Storm block 57, Ice block: 75.

My point being is that Storm schools traits are suppose to be low accuracy and high damage. Ice has high resist and health, it should not have lower accuracy than storm.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Also note that balance and death have the lowest accuracy in the game now. Also though storm does not have the fastest pips, balance and death do, so I guess it evens out. Anyways, you cant just raise ice's accuracy becuase your comparing it to one school. Its not about the balance between storm and ice, its about the balance of all the schools.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
colagada wrote:
This is a PvP issue and belongs in the PvP forum.

This is not a pvp issue! Waterworks gear is used throughout the game! not just in pvp. It is an issue regarding the accuracy on the gear, which affects my ice and storm girls during quests.

My ice fizzes way more often then my storm girl does, during any kind of quest, PVE or even during PVP.

It is an issue that should be addressed, as ice is not suppose to be the lowest accuracy wizard.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
Also note that balance and death have the lowest accuracy in the game now. Also though storm does not have the fastest pips, balance and death do, so I guess it evens out. Anyways, you cant just raise ice's accuracy becuase your comparing it to one school. Its not about the balance between storm and ice, its about the balance of all the schools.

Maybe you cant just compare Ice only to storm, but if what you say is true than it is not fair to those schools either! Storm should have the lowest accuracy of ALL the schools, that was how it was suppose to be set up from the beginning. Yes storm should get boosted as they level, but they should never surpass the accuracy of any school with the same basic gear on. I am excluding rings, daggers and as such am comparing the waterworks gear only.

I have not checked the difference out between my balance wiz and my storm, and my death wiz is just an adept so cant check that.

My point is only that storm was designed to be highest damage, but lowest accuracy, How is it that now Ice has lower accuracy than storm? Yes Ice has resist, but we are the school of low hits and strong resist, now we are also expected to be the school of low accuracy? How is that fair? All schools should have a higher accuracy boost than storm. Storm can still add accuracy with enchantments (as other schools can too), but I am talking about the basic stats of the gear.