Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new spell/minion/pet idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I realize that this idea is a bit big on the implementation side, but I just thought it was too cool to not mention. (I did a search, but if this idea has already been proposed, my apologies)

I propose a spell that can be learned. Let's call it energize pet.
It uses energy to power it and costs a variable amount. Say half the pet's pedigree.
When cast, it causes your pet to become a minion for the fight, with health, deck and abilities based on pedigree, pet type, and pet level.

this would open up a whole new area of strategic considerations.
-what pet to bring into battle? (not just based on pet abilities)
-a new facet in the idea of what constitutes a good pet.
-should I use my energy for other things? (gardening, training, or battle)
-should I use my pet minion this battle (uses limited by power of pet minion and energy recharge time)

I may be wrong, but in many cases, once a player has gotten a good pet maxed in level, they mostly use their energy for gardening. This would add another aspect to how their resources get used. If you want to use a minion pet, you can't support a huge garden or lots of pet leveling.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Chronismagister wrote:
I realize that this idea is a bit big on the implementation side, but I just thought it was too cool to not mention. (I did a search, but if this idea has already been proposed, my apologies)

I propose a spell that can be learned. Let's call it energize pet.
It uses energy to power it and costs a variable amount. Say half the pet's pedigree.
When cast, it causes your pet to become a minion for the fight, with health, deck and abilities based on pedigree, pet type, and pet level.

this would open up a whole new area of strategic considerations.
-what pet to bring into battle? (not just based on pet abilities)
-a new facet in the idea of what constitutes a good pet.
-should I use my energy for other things? (gardening, training, or battle)
-should I use my pet minion this battle (uses limited by power of pet minion and energy recharge time)

I may be wrong, but in many cases, once a player has gotten a good pet maxed in level, they mostly use their energy for gardening. This would add another aspect to how their resources get used. If you want to use a minion pet, you can't support a huge garden or lots of pet leveling.

ok first this idea is ok
second after somebody trains one pet they might try to train another
third people might complane that a low level is using a super strong pet and a treasure minion for the fight
last what stats will they have i was thinking maybe higher the pedigry

any ways this idea needs some work because right now it seems ok

cya

o and my wizard name is Destiny Iceflame and dont try to add me unless i ask

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
grvy123 wrote:

ok first this idea is ok
second after somebody trains one pet they might try to train another
third people might complane that a low level is using a super strong pet and a treasure minion for the fight
last what stats will they have i was thinking maybe higher the pedigry

any ways this idea needs some work because right now it seems ok

cya

o and my wizard name is Destiny Iceflame and dont try to add me unless i ask

well I knew that it would take polishing and adjusting to avoid abuse, just like any part of the system.

as to your concerns.. here is what I might do

-training multiple pets is fine, if someone wants to swap out one pet for another between fights, it really shouldn't be a big deal. and while they are training pets they won't be able to garden/use pet minions as much. a whole resource balancing act.

-as to low level players using high level pet minions, well that's partly avoided by the amount of energy required to cast the spell. A level 20 player just won't have the energy to summon a pedigree 50 pet minion. and even if they use one at their energy limit, they are only going to be able to use it once every 10-12 hours. that's excepting buying potions. and frankly it's cheaper to use a henchman.

-Pet minion plus treasure minion... hmm probably avoid that like we do right now. To the best of my knowledge you can only have one minion at a time. Pet, treasure, or normal minion, why should this change?

-As to stats, you could use strength for health, power for mana, intelligence for cast chance, Agility for damage resistance, Willpower for max spell level cast, etc. Either percentage of a max value for that class/type of pet, or some bonus system added to a base stat.

great response grvy123. keep the thoughts coming.