Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane Bolt? and Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Really? Insane Bolt? thats just ugh :x look king isle i know you wanna make your players happy but this is just not cool first you replace our Wild bolt with Lame bolt and now you gives Useless Bolt like really? i dont care if other people from other schools complained about Wild bot i mean like if i for example say a spell is not cool does that mean you have to make it worst? its just not cool really we storm are meant to be the best damage givers in the game with the less health and accuracy but nooo people dont understand that just because they get killed in pvp who cares we are sacrificing accuracy and health for damage dont you get that people and i dont care if insane bolt is moon damage or is a last resort spell is still useless would you rather use a spell a lot or just use it sometimes? i would rather use it most of the time i would have old Wild bolt because the storm are the one that decide what spells do they prefer not a myth or a death who gets killed in pvp i would prefer wild bolt banned from pvp and having 50% accuracy atleast than losing a spell and as for insane bolt why not like this?

Insane Bolt= 1,000 moon damage to opponent and 1,000 to yourself so basically you cant shield agaisnt it and it would still be an insane idea get hit by 1,000 or less with storm resist but the point is your receiving the same damage according to the card

Does that sound ok? it does to me if you dont like it your obviously a pvp old wild bolt hater 8) and as for new spells is obvious that spells like avalanche for ice and volcano for fire and all that sound original and good and btw if you want some REAL ideas for spells listen to your fans they are better designers than whoever makes those awful spells and updates.. why not make the next world spells fan ideas from a feedback friday? that would be a smart(smoove) move :D if you want some decent ideas get to the reading.. start with wikiwizard's thread inside there's a guy called temperest he has some ideas that would be better ..the animations well.. lets be honest thats the only thing you guys could get right about a new spell

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
you know, bashing KI isn't going to help your case. And there's a reason they named it "Insane bolt".

Explorer
May 05, 2011
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I don't think you get why the old wild bolt was taken away. I'll list the 3 reason I know of.

1. Wild bolt was always meant to be a last resort spell, and when spammed with accuracy bonuses, its purpose was changed.

2. With accuracy bonuses and keen eyes, you could get wild bolt to around 50% accuracy, like that's fair.

3. With the release of Celestia, the wild bolt problem would of gotten worse. With an accuracy boosting aura and unstoppable. You could get wild bolt to around 75% accuracy! So how is 1000 damage for 2 pips with a 75% chance of hitting fair?

As for your insane bolt idea, you would need to make it moon damage to yourself, and storm damage to the enemy. Otherwise it becomes an instant win button for storm in 1v1.

-Solstice64

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
When I read this post I was laughing all the way. First of all storm doesn't sacrifice accuracy anymore due to your new waterworks gear which in total gives you 92% accuracy. Wild bolt was changed because a low level at that point of the game would just be spamming wild bolt in PvP and in main storyline quests just to skip through the game. Insane bolt isn't going to be changed to 1,000 to yourself because your taking the risk of using the move which has only a 20% chance of self-destructing and on top of that moon damage is very useful due to the fact that you can use this to surpass shields and is not meant to be spammed. You should be thankful KI still lets you spam that god awful tempest in team PvP but I guess I see reason in that you can all easily be killed by meteor, sandstorm, blizzard, and humongofrog spams.. I noticed you mention that KI has horrible updates and spell ideas. You should thank them for even caring about the players on the game. They have spell ideas that fits the nature of a school and balances out with the other schools. They are so not gonna use even half of the ideas sent to them because they are all mostly school biased people who seem to have"good ideas" when they will just unbalance the schools by overpowering one. If you really want KI to make a fan based world then its gonna take a very long while. First of all, they probably won't read every idea they get and the ones they do read will be 99% useless so instead of waiting large amounts of time for good and decent world ideas they choose to create one themselves to accomodate to all players. So yeah thats pretty much it :-D

~~Legendary Death : Brandon LegendMask ~~

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
fGYU2tKDtH wrote:
you know, bashing KI isn't going to help your case. And there's a reason they named it "Insane bolt".

Yes; because you'd need to be clinically insane to put it in your deck. We know.

@XMX7: I will agree though: this issue has been beaten to death. I'm certain KI isn't gonna change the spell any time soon (even though most people have a problem with at least one of these spells), which is why you just have to make due with what you have. I don't have, or plan on using, Insane Bolt yet, but I do have, and use, Wild Bolt to get rid of those pesky Storm Shields that Myth monsters tend to cast on themselves. I wish I could do more with it, but that's really all it's good for.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
fGYU2tKDtH wrote:
Well it's INSANE

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
XMX7 wrote:
Really? Insane Bolt? thats just ugh :x look king isle i know you wanna make your players happy but this is just not cool first you replace our Wild bolt with Lame bolt and now you gives Useless Bolt like really? i dont care if other people from other schools complained about Wild bot i mean like if i for example say a spell is not cool does that mean you have to make it worst? its just not cool really we storm are meant to be the best damage givers in the game with the less health and accuracy but nooo people dont understand that just because they get killed in pvp who cares we are sacrificing accuracy and health for damage dont you get that people and i dont care if insane bolt is moon damage or is a last resort spell is still useless would you rather use a spell a lot or just use it sometimes? i would rather use it most of the time i would have old Wild bolt because the storm are the one that decide what spells do they prefer not a myth or a death who gets killed in pvp i would prefer wild bolt banned from pvp and having 50% accuracy atleast than losing a spell and as for insane bolt why not like this?

Insane Bolt= 1,000 moon damage to opponent and 1,000 to yourself so basically you cant shield agaisnt it and it would still be an insane idea get hit by 1,000 or less with storm resist but the point is your receiving the same damage according to the card

Does that sound ok? it does to me if you dont like it your obviously a pvp old wild bolt hater 8) and as for new spells is obvious that spells like avalanche for ice and volcano for fire and all that sound original and good and btw if you want some REAL ideas for spells listen to your fans they are better designers than whoever makes those awful spells and updates.. why not make the next world spells fan ideas from a feedback friday? that would be a smart(smoove) move :D if you want some decent ideas get to the reading.. start with wikiwizard's thread inside there's a guy called temperest he has some ideas that would be better ..the animations well.. lets be honest thats the only thing you guys could get right about a new spell

gosh, you really need to find your comma and period keys on your keyboard