Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which would YOU choose?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
Hi everyone! I am having some trouble deciding on which school of magic to make my last wizard - Death or Balance. I have thought long and hard about this matter but I just can't decide! So, my question to anyone and everyone who reads this post is: If you had to choose between the school of Death and the school of Balance for your last wizard, which would you choose? And why? I would really like to see the opinions of my fellow players of Wizard101 as they will greatly help me in making my decision, and I really want to make sure that I make the right choice! Thanks in advance to anybody who replies; your help will be greatly appreciated! :D

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Wow...tough choice. Death is such a useful school and they're usually pretty hard to defeat since half their attacks sap life from the target. On the other hand, I love Balance. Even though it's really hard in the beginning, the power that you gain in the end is crazy. I left out Ice with my account, so I really have no idea what I would choose.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Wow - tough question - I have one of each and I loved playing both. Each was a totally different experience.

I'd say that Death has a slight edge on enjoyability (is that a word?) for me. I love the hit and heal spells - and I was a more independant wizard, able to solo a lot. The biggest problem for me was choosing a second school - I had switched twice and finally settled on Ice - with training points still left to spend.

With my Balance, it wasn't until after I got Nova that I started to enjoy and appreciate my school. Maybe it was because she was my first wizard and I was still learning and struggled abit. But I do find that when I revisit and make my legend rounds sometimes, I will use my Balance more often.

Here's the deal though... don't be afraid to scrap a wizard if you are not happy with it. You may think that you invested a lot of time and resources, but with 6 wizards to choose and 7 schools, one has gotta give. I had deleted a Myth wizard I was not bonding with - she was at DS and had an othrus already. But I deleted her and made room for a Life.

Good luck on choosing last wizard!

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death
Nora SeaStone lvl 60 storm
Ellie WinterBane lvl 55 ice
Nora WillowSmith lvl 5 life (a walking bank for now)
Ellie DrakeMancer lvl 4 fire (another walking bank)

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hey,

Hmm.... Wow, Um... Tough Choice.... I would say that Death is a pretty good school, hit and heal! Who doesn't love making an incredible hit, then swap half to heal yourself! On the other side, balance is good, it has a bit of everything, which is good! So, I wish you luck choosing, both are awesome... Although I am a Main Necromancer...

-Mason D.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
Pick balance if you want to play with friends
Pick death if you want to play solo

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Wow...tough choice. Death is such a useful school and they're usually pretty hard to defeat since half their attacks sap life from the target. On the other hand, I love Balance. Even though it's really hard in the beginning, the power that you gain in the end is crazy. I left out Ice with my account, so I really have no idea what I would choose.

balance some say judge is over powered and ya get it at level 28 i think soo if ya be balance ya will have one insane school and also train in death because they have good cards that will let ya combo with balance and control the enemy moves

so pick balance
with a secondary of death

and death has cool moves to and ya should have a secondary of balance with it

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I would most likely say death, though it depend how you play the game.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Well i have to say Storm takes the cake because it is the most powerful. Also great for PvP and i know the fizzle chance sucks but in the higher levels you get great clothing that fixes that.You can kill most enemies in one hit with this school with little to no boosts.Long term, this is the best and most fun class to be,in my opinion of course!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
After taking Life, Myth, Balance, and then Ice through the spiral, I started on a Death Wizard. Yes, I have soloed most of the game with my death, but I did the same with the other wizards. I am finding my Death wizard is not much of a challenge. Personally I don't care for the animations of the death spells. (that is just my opinion). I will finish the death wizard, but doubt I will play it much after I completed all the quests.

I love playing my balance wizard. She has a spell for all types of situations. I will admit DS was a little difficult for her, but i muddled through.

I did take Death up to feint, and then Ice to tower shield. I also trained in Life up to sprite. With the Celestia update, I trained in the sun spells to get gargantuan. I also trained in a few star spells, and got Polymorph Treant. I still have training points left.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
If you want a good team member, Balance is the way to go.
If you want to solo the game most of the time, Death all the way.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i'd say both of them. what i mean is balance as primary and death as secondary. then you can hit and heal and use statuses. i know death is cut off a bit but how about it?