Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Find The Fang? I'm lost!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
Hey fellow wizards,

I've just done the majority of grizzlehiem, leveled up to 26, and I'm ready to finish Krokotopia and move on to marleybone. I've done all the bosses in Krokotopia solo, so I'm not worried about the fang! I walked into the dungeon saw the locks, read the book, I'm really lost. What mysteries do I have to solve? what bosses must I defeat and where are they?

Thanks so much for your help guys!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Follow the clues that the books give you.

As far as being mostly through with Grizzleheim, you aren't half-way done yet.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
aprilthunder wrote:
Hey fellow wizards,

I've just done the majority of grizzlehiem, leveled up to 26, and I'm ready to finish Krokotopia and move on to marleybone. I've done all the bosses in Krokotopia solo, so I'm not worried about the fang! I walked into the dungeon saw the locks, read the book, I'm really lost. What mysteries do I have to solve? what bosses must I defeat and where are they?

In case you still need help, when you enter the Vault of Ice, look at your map. There are three other bosses you must defeat first. If you stay to the left side of the hallway, it will lead you to the first one.

In each of those three rooms, there is a riddle / puzzle you must solve. Look for the yellow banners hanging on the walls after each battle. The banners give you clues.

After those three bosses, then the door opens for the last boss.

Hope this helps.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I don't want to give spoilers so I will tell u this

The three mysteries are defeating the three bosses
You have to read the books to solve the puzzles (lighting obelisks, braziers, etc.)
Once three boss's have been defeated you can do the puzzles

If you can't figure out the puzzles look your question up in google and fan sites should answer you

Hope this helped

Tiffany pixigem - level 51 theurgist

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
After you defeat the three bosses there should be , for example, a couple of obelisks you have to activate. after you activate them, it says " Somewhere a lock is broken."

Best of luck!

-Robert Nightwraith lvl 27

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
After you defeat the bosses there are hints next to that area for how to solve the mystery.

Champion
May 03, 2011
If you're only at the Fang dungeon (as I call it), you still have quite a bit of KT to go before you're done. But the first time I did this I had trouble too--my 10 year old son had to clue me in on how to do it. :? It's simple--to find the Guardian, Protector, etc., just READ THE MAP. Duh. I remember wandering around there for a good half-hour trying to figure it out. The puzzles are also pretty easy if you just look at the tablets above them. The one with the different colored fires wants you to match the fire color to the school color (blue for ice, purple for storm, etc.); the others just want you to turn on obelisks that match the order of the tablet pictures, left to right.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2011
Honeybee313 wrote:
aprilthunder wrote:

In case you still need help, when you enter the Vault of Ice, look at your map. There are three other bosses you must defeat first. If you stay to the left side of the hallway, it will lead you to the first one.

In each of those three rooms, there is a riddle / puzzle you must solve. Look for the yellow banners hanging on the walls after each battle. The banners give you clues.

After those three bosses, then the door opens for the last boss.

Hope this helps.

:-D THANK YOU. This is a great help. I have been through this dungeon three times and couldn't figure it out!

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
HI ALL;
I have defeated the three bosses and have done the puzzles ie, lit the braziers, ets, lit the obelisks, The doot to the keeper of the fang won't open so what am I missing.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
lougal805 wrote:
HI ALL;
I have defeated the three bosses and have done the puzzles ie, lit the braziers, ets, lit the obelisks, The doot to the keeper of the fang won't open so what am I missing.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure that after each boss you get the message at the bottom of the screen that says something like "a lock is broken" or "a door is open" (I forget the wording).

This means that you did in fact solve the puzzle correctly in that room. Maybe somehow you missed one of the puzzles.

If you solve all 3 puzzles correctly, and the last door still doesn't open, I would send an e-mail to Support@Wizard101.com and explain the problem to them. Maybe they can help you to get moving along in the game.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Since I have done this dungeon myself, and everyone is throwing bits and pieces of it to try and help you, let me organize it for you and put it into a walk through.

The Vault of Ice

After receiving all your quests for this dungeon, take a look at your map to find the closest sister of the Keeper of the Fang, the Protector of the Fang. Go straight from Shalek the Wise and at the first fork in the road, turn right. Keep going in this direction until you find a narrow hallway. Walk through the narrow hallway and room to fight the Protector of the Fang.

Protector of the Fang - 600 Health, Rank 4 Boss, Death School

You will now see four tapestries on the walls and four obelisks. Just read the tapestries from left to right, and activate the obelisks with the corresponding sign in the same order. If you want help, the combination is Snake, Moon, Bird, Sun. (You should see "You hear a lock break..." on the screen after completing the puzzle)

Next, go back out the narrow hallway and into the regular one. From the narrow hallway entrance/exit, turn right and keep going in this direction until you see another narrow hallway. Follow it and you will fight the Guardian of the Fang.

Guardian of the Fang - 600 Health, Rank 4 Boss, Death School

After winning against this boss, two tapestries, two obelisks, and a lever will appear. Activate the obelisk on the right (Krok), then push the lever, and turn on the obelisk to the left (Scarab). The obelisk on the left cannot be turned on unless the lever is pointing to the obelisk by pushing it. (You should see "You hear a lock break..." on the screen after completing the puzzle)

Again, exit the narrow hallway into the regular one. Take a right and go into yet another narrow hallway. Follow the narrow hallway into the Defender of the Fang's room.

Defender of the Fang - 600 Health, Rank 4 Boss, Death School

Three tapestries will appear after you defeat the Defender of the Fang, depicting the three Elemental schools of magic, along with three braziers. To solve this puzzle, you must change the color of the braziers to match the school colors shown on the tapestries from left to right. So, the left brazier should be red/orange for Fire, the center one should be blue for Ice, and the right flame should be purple for Storm. (You should see "You hear a lock break..." on the screen after completing the puzzle)

Now, just follow your Quest Helper arrow to the Keeper of the Fang and defeat her.

Keeper of the Fang - 750 Health, Rank 4 Boss, Death School

Talk to Shalek the Wise to complete your quests and do whatever else you need to do before exiting the dungeon. Congratulations on beating the Vault of Ice! For another quest, I think for either the Judgement quest (Balance only) or a Zan'ne quest, you must get a rubbing from an obelisk in the Vault of Ice. The obelisk you are looking for is right behind the Keeper of the Fang, so just remember to get your rubbing from that obelisk if you are on that quest before leaving the Vault of Ice.

I hope that helped! And yes, I did just hand write this from memory, it is not taken from someone else, I just wrote this for aprilthunder as I saw the topic. (Which doesn't mean aprilthunder only, everyone can use it as long as you credit me) Copyright. (lol)

-Daniel SoulWalker, Level 32, Magus Sorcerer

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
aprilthunder wrote:
Hey fellow wizards,

i will help

Noah Dragon and Kyle Lionbreeze

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
Mabey you should ask fer some help from friends and take you time figuring everything out :D

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Okay I know what your going through because my brother had this problem last week!!!!! Okay so in the first book it says something about defeating the other keepers of the fangs or whatever. Following me? There is know quest helper to help you find the other keepers. But, you have to do the puzzles in order. I cannot tell you HOW to do the puzzles, but hopefully this helped a little!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo,

Paige Rainbowleaf lvl 44 Life Wizard

-"If nobody's perfect, then you can me nobody!"

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
Im a level 32 and i can help you :-D first you need to beat three bosses and solve their riddles (they are behind those corners) here's a clue: 2nd riddle was hard for me Also if you think thats all of KP im sorry but you're wrong :-( i need to finish the next part of KP temple of storms it's hard. But good luck :-D