Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Legendary Teaming up With Low Level Players!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
As far the title says it all, I have a level 42 fire and decided to team up with my lvl 42 ice friend. 3 Times we went against a Legendary and a Level 10. Now these guys are warlords and we are privates how balance is that??

As Master we don't have any gear that matches lvl 60 players or that can block critical...

These Legendary teaming up with low levels is cheap way to rank up in pvp.

Why cant we have Legendary face Legendary on pvp? Why we cant have Masters go against another Masters in pvp? Why cant have Novice go against Novice? Seriously KI needs to fix this or else the whole pvp is gonna fall apart.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
It is a problem in pvp, though maybe if they could make the lower level team always go first and always block the criticals, then it might be pretty fair. (I enjoy fighting legend teams on my magus at times, its fun to beat them lol.)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Daviato,

Gtar has discussed this, and explained that it's not banded. I think almost everyone agrees that Bands would be a good idea. That way, a level 10 Warlord would most likely go against a level 10 Warlord.
Some would like to see other options, but I feel that if KI used the Band idea, it would work out well.
Now, that is not going to stop the guy that has years and years of experience from beating up on a low level with no experience. But it would certainly help, and limit what Teams could be made up.

Joe,

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Daviato wrote:
As far the title says it all, I have a level 42 fire and decided to team up with my lvl 42 ice friend. 3 Times we went against a Legendary and a Level 10. Now these guys are warlords and we are privates how balance is that??

As Master we don't have any gear that matches lvl 60 players or that can block critical...

Why cant we have Legendary face Legendary on pvp? Why we cant have Masters go against another Masters in pvp? Why cant have Novice go against Novice? Seriously KI needs to fix this or else the whole pvp is gonna fall apart.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the matching system. The problem is primarily because the system considers level to be very important in matching opponents, this in reality is not the case. I have been having similar problems on my low level wizard. Now I'm not 100% sure how to balance level and rank to make matching perfectly fair, I have proposed that critical block be added to arena gear to numb the pain of criticals against people under level 55.
Good luck in your future matches

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
:( :( :( Beats me why downranking hasn't been stopped yet. I've posted suggestions for fixing it for a few weeks already. :( :( :(

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Daviato wrote:

for once, i find a post you started that i agree with! this Banding i've heard about seems like a really good way to fix this prob. Mind you, I still don't think you have really great PvP ideas. All of yours so far make you sound so immature. (It's not my fault for getting that impression, it's yours because you give the impression, in case you ask)

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I went in to 2 vs 2 to watch a few of these matches. I saw a warlord level 1 teamed up with a legendary warlord, the system teamed them up with two mid levels. What a pathetic way for that legendary to get rank. Just really sad these people have to resort to an exploit in the matching system to get higher than warlord. This is definitely having a negative effect on 2 vs 2 arena.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Well, to be honest, I don't know why a wizard with a rank of private would get paired up with a warlord. All I really know is that the emptier the realm that you're in is, the less opportunities of getting paired with a wizard around your level, and around your rank. Whenever I want to pvp, I try to go to a crowded realm, where there could be lots of wizards around my level and rank.

If you're a warlord level 1, or around that, chances are you'll get paired with a legendary wizard, since a lot of warlords are legendary wizards these days. That or again, empty realm. For all I know, you would probably get paired with at least a level 2 or something, since you re the lowest level in the game. This didn't have anything to do with the original post, I know, but someone said that it was upsetting that a level 1 warlord would get paired with a level 60 warlord.

Hope this helped a bit,
8) Justin Titanwraith, Level 60 Pyromancer 8)

Survivor
May 25, 2010
I totally agree with this. Especially in Ranked PvP I hate how sometimes I have to go against legendaries in practice/ranked PvP duels.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
Daviato wrote:

yes same thing with me my cousin and his ice friend we teamed up and did a 3v3 two of them were ice legends! And one was an adept ice. We are level 44 storms and our ice friend was a grandmaster we were able to beat them though but me and my cousin both died right before the last ice legend died And our ice friend killed the legend that had 500 health left. they called us cheating spammers. The system really does need to be fixed

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
jennyajtim wrote:
Well, to be honest, I don't know why a wizard with a rank of private would get paired up with a warlord. All I really know is that the emptier the realm that you're in is, the less opportunities of getting paired with a wizard around your level, and around your rank. Whenever I want to pvp, I try to go to a crowded realm, where there could be lots of wizards around my level and rank.

If you're a warlord level 1, or around that, chances are you'll get paired with a legendary wizard, since a lot of warlords are legendary wizards these days. That or again, empty realm. For all I know, you would probably get paired with at least a level 2 or something, since you re the lowest level in the game. This didn't have anything to do with the original post, I know, but someone said that it was upsetting that a level 1 warlord would get paired with a level 60 warlord.

Hope this helped a bit,
8) Justin Titanwraith, Level 60 Pyromancer 8)

Actually, from experience I have found that they do TRY to balance it. For example, If you are WarLord, and you face a Private, the Private is MOST likely a higher level. For example, my level 26 Myth WarLord faces Legendaries all the time. However, those Legendary's ranks are always 300-. That being said, they balance high rank and low level, with low rank and high level. So if you're Captain, and you face a Private, and you are level, lets say, 32, it is safe to guess that your opponent is 45-55, maybe 60. Unless they are 450+, then they might be closer to 40-50. I understand that this is not true if there are a shortage of players in PvP when you sign up for a match, if that is the case, they pair you with the closest match. That is why people often face the same person 2, 3, or maybe 4 times in a row. This is probably a little confusing but read it through a couple of times and it will start to make sense. P.S. This guide to match ups is for 1v1, I don't do group battles often enough to know for them.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:
Stop Complaining

Yes, level 1 warlord